PDA

View Full Version : SPU-Zona replay right now!!!

2wiceright
10-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Channel 254 FCSP (Fox College Sports) is replaying the Seattle Pacific HUGE upset over Arizona last night right now!!! (thru Time Warner)

I'm in Post Falls but have almost the exact same sports package available on Comcast is Spokane. The 2nd half just started- but great fun to watch our Andy Poling and crew opening a can of whoop-a## on Arizona!!!

Can't wait for tonight- Go Zags!!!

2wiceright
10-28-2011, 10:42 AM
I just watched the second half of SPU beating the Wildcats and it is something that makes me nervous for GU in an exhibition game like tonight against a very good shooting team like Carrol College.

On Andy. He had all of his 16 points in the second half. He was covered by a big bodied Todd Barrill (#14) in the blocks, and I was surprised to see how much Andy has developed physically and how well he held his ground on the blocks. He's made huge strides since being a Zag (made us proud). He ended up with 5 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, and was 4-4 from the line for his 16 points on 5 for 8 shooting. Most of all, I didn't realize he was voted as a pre- season All American in Div. II by the "Sporting News" (taken off the Wildcats homepage article about the game).

Anyway, great job by Andy for anyone interested on how this (ex Zag) Juniors season is starting out!

Next up for the SPU, and hopefully another big upset is the Fuskies!!!

CDC84
10-28-2011, 10:45 AM
I'm glad to hear about this. Andy is a really good kid, and I always thought he would succeed at Seattle Pacific.

CaliforniaZaggin'
10-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Agreed about Andy. Hopefully this cements that he made a strong decision in choosing Seattle Pacific.