PDA

View Full Version : Game on KHQ if world series goes to game 7.

Tmac5360
10-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Tipoff is 6 p.m. and the game will be televised locally on either KHQ-TV or KAYU-TV depending on the status of the World Series and a Game 7.

This was on the gozags website.

ZagMan in Philly
10-27-2011, 08:41 PM
That was a classic...unreal.

northsidezagfan
10-27-2011, 08:42 PM
crazy crazy crazy game

04ZagFan
10-27-2011, 08:58 PM
WOW. And I was having a hard time rooting for St. Louis because I was afraid we'd miss the GU game tomorrow... THANK GOD! What a great game! FREESE!

RenoZag
10-27-2011, 09:01 PM
What is is about Game Sixes in the World Series ?!?

Great theater

04ZagFan
10-27-2011, 09:04 PM
Tipoff is 6 p.m. and the game will be televised locally on either KHQ-TV or KAYU-TV depending on the status of the World Series and a Game 7.

This was on the gozags website.

Link? I can't find this information anywhere.

Tmac5360
10-27-2011, 09:57 PM
http://www.gozags.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=26400&ATCLID=205323734

It's about 1/4 of the way down the story.

ZagNative
10-27-2011, 10:25 PM
KHQ just reported during the news that the game would be there, on KHQ.

NotoriousZ
10-27-2011, 10:31 PM
KHQ just reported during the news that the game would be there, on KHQ.

OK I was getting a headache over this. I need to set the TIVO and I was having a woohoo moment about which station to set the recording. Thank goodness I don't live in another time zone.

Zagineer
10-27-2011, 10:37 PM
I hope FlyZag still can, and will, stream to Justin. I'm counting on it. Otherwise,......

I'll just have to wait till 11/11/11 to see the Zags take on Eastern.

gozagswoohoo
10-28-2011, 04:05 AM
That was the greatest baseball game I have ever seem!!

Pretty sure I only slept about 2 hours after that.

ZManPhilly- I don't suppose you'll have any feed up on this game?

ZagMan in Philly
10-28-2011, 04:25 AM
That was the greatest baseball game I have ever seem!!

Pretty sure I only slept about 2 hours after that.

ZManPhilly- I don't suppose you'll have any feed up on this game?

Woohoo...the link to the exhibition game is in this thread....

http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=36101

by the way...that game last night is the best i have seen, in any sports. Can't wait for game 7.

Pargo the Destroyer
10-28-2011, 04:46 AM
After the dinger Hamilton hit I thought game over. Unreal series and as Reno said, great theatre. I'm not as big of a baseball fan as I used to be, seems I can't make the time for it and my mariners have been abysmal. That said, I appreciate good baseball. Glad I can go back to rooting for the red birds (if woohoo will have me back) now that khq is picking up the game

EuroZag2010
10-28-2011, 06:43 AM
I like KHQ better anyway, its in HD !

gozagswoohoo
10-28-2011, 07:02 AM
After the dinger Hamilton hit I thought game over. Unreal series and as Reno said, great theatre. I'm not as big of a baseball fan as I used to be, seems I can't make the time for it and my mariners have been abysmal. That said, I appreciate good baseball. Glad I can go back to rooting for the red birds (if woohoo will have me back) now that khq is picking up the game

You know it playa!

And ZMinPhilly, sorry, must not have been paying much attention. THANKS FOR THE LINK!!!! LIFE...SAVER!

Gosh....we gotta get ZMinPhilly on the payroll!

zagitup
10-28-2011, 09:07 AM
I like KHQ better anyway, its in HD !

Sorry Euro...you're HD set won't do you any good tonight. KHQ only broadcasts the games in standard def. :argh:

CDC84
10-28-2011, 09:15 AM
Nolan Ryan looked like he had serious gastrointestinal issues in the stands last night.

I am almost certain that intentionally throwing your helmet down (or any piece of equipment) in the middle of a base path is illegal, but as usual, MLB umps selectively enforce the rule book.

gozagswoohoo
10-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Nolan Ryan looked like he had serious gastrointestinal issues in the stands last night.

I am almost certain that intentionally throwing your helmet down (or any piece of equipment) in the middle of a base path is illegal, but as usual, MLB umps selectively enforce the rule book.

I see players do that all the time, at least on walk-offs, and they don't do anything about it. Maybe it is 'okay' or at least overlooked if it's a game ending play. I think it would be different if it was a home run in the 3rd inning or something, obviously...

Edited to add:

I was looking up something on this, because I was curious if and when they ever enforce something like this, and if so, how it is enforced. This is what I found.

"A baserunner may be called out for DELIBERATELY removing the helmet while the ball is in LIVE BALL TERRITORY and the ball is LIVE.

If you hit the ball out of the park, its a dead ball so the helmet can come off.

Throwing the helmet is not an automatic ejection. Throwing it IN ANGER is. Batters who KO for the 3rd out routinely throw the helmet towards the batboy."

So...who knows. I can't say I have ever seen any action taken against a player for doing so though, at least at the end of a game.

CDC84
10-28-2011, 10:16 AM
The ball may not be "live," but the guy who hit the home run still has to touch every base (including home plate) before it is officially a home run. I have seen guys called out (after the defense appeals) after hitting home runs for failing to touch a base during their walk around the bases.

Speaking of failing to touch a base....how in the world can the home plate umpire judge if the guy who hit the home run has touched home plate when all that celebration chaos is going on? And then you have his teammates grabbing and touching him before he touches home plate....another possible violation of the rules.

EuroZag2010
10-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Sorry Euro...you're HD set won't do you any good tonight. KHQ only broadcasts the games in standard def. :argh:

What the $&@!!!!?? #pissed :mad: :argh:

75Zag
10-28-2011, 10:32 AM
Anybody who chooses to watch GU vs. Carroll College instead of watching Game 7 of the World Series is a hell of a lot better GU fan than I am.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

Go St. Louis!

gozagswoohoo
10-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Speaking of failing to touch a base....how in the world can the home plate umpire judge if the guy who hit the home run has touched home plate when all that celebration chaos is going on? And then you have his teammates grabbing and touching him before he touches home plate....another possible violation of the rules.

Haha, i've wondered that too. I was watching last night and saw the ump standing there looking down towards their feet, but since there were about 40 of them, it's hard to know for sure that he actually DOES touch it.

Either way though...game was over. Unless we get REALLY technical...

I'm guessing you're not much of a Cardinals fan? haha

CaliforniaZaggin'
10-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Can't believe Cruz let up when going after the near HR in the 9th. When you're going after that ball to win the World Series, there better be a hole in the wall after the play is over.

CDC84
10-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Fortunately, I have no rooting interest. I am very much enjoying this series.

I do, however, have big time problems with the routine selective enforcement of MLB rules....starting with the strike zone and batter's box. It has ruined the game for me as much as the steroids thing, although I still appreciate the game enough to not boycott it.

gozagswoohoo
10-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Fortunately, I have no rooting interest. I am very much enjoying this series.

I do, however, have big time problems with the routine selective enforcement of MLB rules....starting with the strike zone and batter's box. It has ruined the game for me as much as the steroids thing, although I still appreciate the game enough to not boycott it.

They were talking on my local sports radio show a few days ago about a guy that is in the middle of developing some sort of hologram technology or something like that, and it would basically make an invisible rectangle above home plate, and it would detect strikes and balls.

What would you think about something like that? It would be interesting, that's for sure.

Zag@LMU
10-28-2011, 11:03 AM
They were talking on my local sports radio show a few days ago about a guy that is in the middle of developing some sort of hologram technology or something like that, and it would basically make an invisible rectangle above home plate, and it would detect strikes and balls.

What would you think about something like that? It would be interesting, that's for sure.

Balls/strikes and out/safe should never be decided by technology.

There is too much involved in determining the strike zone to have a 100% definite zone.

CDC84
10-28-2011, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't favor ball/strike technology. I just think that MLB needs to make the enforcement of the strike zone a major priority, and to hit umps where it hurts when they don't consistently enforce the strike zone as it is defined by the rule book. They just need to put their foot down. You don't need a computer to know that when a pitch crosses the plate at the hitter's uniform letters that its a strike. The biggest problem with MLB umps is that too many of them want to be stars when their primary job is to go unnoticed. Personalized strike zones have become so common place in baseball that teams have scouting reports on umpires. I'm sorry, but that kind of thing should never happen. When it gets to that point, it's not about human error, it's about ego. I can live with occasional missed calls due to human error - what I can't deal with are rules being ignored. Especially in a game like baseball where tradition is a major part of the game's appeal.

Just_An_Old_Zag
10-28-2011, 12:38 PM
this is great news...i get basic cable here in sweet onion land during the winter so i can get khq as it isnt available on my directv local option...

was sweating bullets when i found out it was on kayu as that isnt on the charter basic lineup...

thank you cardinals and rangers...

this is a good sign i tell you a harbinger of great things to come

Zag@LMU
10-28-2011, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't favor ball/strike technology. I just think that MLB needs to make the enforcement of the strike zone a major priority, and to hit umps where it hurts when they don't consistently enforce the strike zone as it is defined by the rule book. They just need to put their foot down. You don't need a computer to know that when a pitch crosses the plate at the hitter's uniform letters that its a strike. The biggest problem with MLB umps is that too many of them want to be stars when their primary job is to go unnoticed. Personalized strike zones have become so common place in baseball that teams have scouting reports on umpires. I'm sorry, but that kind of thing should never happen. When it gets to that point, it's not about human error, it's about ego. I can live with occasional missed calls due to human error - what I can't deal with are rules being ignored. Especially in a game like baseball where tradition is a major part of the game's appeal.

Also, anyone who plays baseball knows that the strike zone varies based on the scenario of the game, the count, the way a pitcher is throwing, etc.

Ie) Catcher sets up inside, pitch is outside, may be called a ball vs. Catcher sets up outside, pitcher hits his spot, called a strike. Even though the ball may have crossed the exact same XY coordinate, a pitcher will generally get a borderline call if they hit their spot. That concept is universally accepted in baseball and to take that out would harm the game.

gozagswoohoo
10-28-2011, 07:29 PM
World...champions....

Wooooooooohoooooooo!!!

Zag@LMU
10-28-2011, 07:30 PM
That was one for the ages

johno
10-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Anyone know if the game is available online to watch a replay. Would appreciate a link.