PDA

View Full Version : What do you hope to see tomorrow night vs Carroll College

Reborn
10-27-2011, 03:13 PM
You know me. I'm looking for those Ninja shooters hitting those 3 pt shots. Who will they be? I'd like to see the team get 10 tomorrow night.

Of course Im really looking forward to seeing how the newcomers play. Im wondering how Pangos, Bell and Edi play....Will Kelly redshirt?

I'm wondering how serious Elias' injury is.

Baldwinzag
10-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Same mantra as last year: hold the opponent to single-digit 3's & less than 40% shooting from the perimeter.

FYI: we gave up double-digit 3's to Kansas St, Illinois, WSU, Notre Dame, St Mary's & BYU last season.

Btw, it wasn't a coincidence we lost these games. Given the fact we have the more efficient/effective offense in 95% of the games we play, it comes down to defending the three once again.

Carroll College will provide a nice test, b/c they can shoot the heck outta the ball.

ldszagfan
10-27-2011, 03:33 PM
I hope to see this team chemistry that Few's been talking about. Play like we've already been playing for a few months together (crisp passing, sharing the ball, well run offense, etc.).

I also got to agree with Baldwinzag, I'd love to see that we actually have a defense that shuts down the 3-pointer.

Gin N GUice
10-27-2011, 03:37 PM
The game on TV would be great! Is there a chance it would be shown on channel 6 if the world series isnt over?

willandi
10-27-2011, 03:42 PM
The game on TV would be great! Is there a chance it would be shown on channel 6 if the world series isnt over?

That was my thought too! I would like to see the game, and the Cards win, in 7, on a different channel.

primal23
10-27-2011, 03:42 PM
Guard the BLOODY 3PT SHOT.

That is all........

RenoZag
10-27-2011, 03:49 PM
Guard the BLOODY 3PT SHOT.

That is all........

And all players emerge healthy. . .

:pray:

04ZagFan
10-27-2011, 04:14 PM
I want to see Elias back to his freshman self (but more seasoned)

I want to see a PG who is D1 ready on Offense AND Defense (whoever that may be)

I want to see Rob continue his inside presence (but more seasoned)

I want to see prolific shooting from our 2guards and wings

I want to see a guard who can do it all. Shoot, score, pass, defend, and be an elite athlete (Gary Bell, this means you)

Why do I want to see all of these things? Because these are the things that have held this program back the last several years. If we want that elite 8 or final 4, these things must be accomplished.

DCZag
10-27-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm excited to see what the incoming freshmen have...and to see if our returnees like Keita and MM have improved their game

gamagin
10-27-2011, 04:53 PM
The Generals. no confetti.

TheGonzagaFactor
10-27-2011, 05:14 PM

Isn't the GU-CC game on ch6 and the world series on fox?

bigblahla
10-27-2011, 05:19 PM
"The Excellence of Execution." To quote the Hitman.

Double entendre intended. :D

Go!! Zags!!!

kitzbuel
10-27-2011, 05:48 PM
globetrotters v. The Nationals. no confetti.

Baseball or basketball?

04ZagFan
10-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Isn't the GU-CC game on ch6 and the world series on fox?

Uh oh... Interesting dilemma... Because of Wednesday's rain delay, if St. Louis wins tonight, there will be a game 7 Friday night, obviously on Fox....

EuroZag2010
10-27-2011, 05:53 PM
I am hoping to see some good offense with good D. I hope to see Edi aggressivly like he did in the scrimmage and of course our vets Rob, Elias, and Marquise. I think Edi is gonna be a very good player for us really excited to see him play

northsidezagfan
10-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Since he's probably redshirting I'm excited to watch Dranginis play tomorrow. Only chance of the year. Also I want to see Pangos build on what he did in the scrimmage and continue to solidify his spot in the lineup.

awberke
10-27-2011, 10:35 PM
I want to see us not meet the same fate as Arizona

titopoet
10-28-2011, 03:38 AM
After the Cards heroics, the game.

hooter73
10-28-2011, 07:17 AM
I want to see who starts!:D

Really with this first game even though its not a 100% "gimmie" (especially if they paid attention to Seattle U) I just want to see the cobwebs worked out and no one get too fancy and excited and get hurt or something dumb. Just play a good game together, show that the killer instinct is there but work on full speed fundamentals against an actual opponent.

Also want to see the probable Red Shirt players make a better showing than Hyland made last year with a big 0.

Defend, rotate and be unstoppable but dont give it all away in this first game.

cjm720
10-28-2011, 07:34 AM
Since he's probably redshirting I'm excited to watch Dranginis play tomorrow. Only chance of the year. Also I want to see Pangos build on what he did in the scrimmage and continue to solidify his spot in the lineup.

I'm pretty sure he cannot play if he's going to RS

bartruff1
10-28-2011, 08:12 AM
Everyone plays...no one gets hurt.....good simple passing with few to's and 15 assists... dominate the boards...

northsidezagfan
10-28-2011, 08:13 AM
I'm pretty sure he cannot play if he's going to RS

I thought I read in another thread that true frosh can play in exhibitions even if they plan to redshirt. But Few has apparently been talking him up so maybe he won't redshirt at all. Either way I wanna see him play!

CanadianZagFan
10-28-2011, 08:44 AM
"The Excellence of Execution." To quote the Hitman.

Double entendre intended. :D

Go!! Zags!!!

I want to see a team that is "the best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be". Bret Hart.