PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: WCC's Interactive Basketball Tip-Off Event Today w/ Coach Few

CDC84
10-27-2011, 08:41 AM
http://www.gozags.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=627537&SPID=90846&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205323109&DB_OEM_ID=26400#start

Starts at 12:30pm PT

Baldwinzag
10-27-2011, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the heads up, CDC. Must admit, the live stream/roundtable/open forum thing sounds awesome.

I didn't even realize this was happening, let alone in a few hours...

:clap:

Also, by clicking on THIS (http://www.wccsports.com/ot/basketball-tip-off.html?SPSID=627537&SPID=90846&DB_OEM_ID=26400) link, you can select 'Mark Few' and submit your questions ahead of time.

nonzagzag
10-27-2011, 08:51 AM
also coaches interviews from 11am to 12 are scheduled on that link

Baldwinzag
10-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Interviews are LIVE right now...

Just listened to Billy Grier...such a charismatic charming fellow.

Coach Keating is on now, hence why I'm on here and skipping that interview. All Coaches will talk one-on-one w/the host before fan questions begin.

After the "sit downs", they are up for Live Streaming via Youtube, a Live Chat, then a Round Table discussion with all the Coaches together.

Baldwinzag
10-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Bump.

Click HERE (http://www.wccsports.com/ot/basketball-tip-off.html?SPSID=627537&SPID=90846&DB_OEM_ID=26400) to ask Coach Few questions during the Live Chat session at 12:45pm (PT) or 2:45pm (WHT) aka "woohoo time".

He's also scheduled for a Live Streaming interview at 1:30 (PT), 3:30 (WHT). You are able to ask questions via FB, Youtube, or Twitter.

gozagswoohoo
10-27-2011, 11:32 AM
bump.

Click here (http://www.wccsports.com/ot/basketball-tip-off.html?spsid=627537&spid=90846&db_oem_id=26400) to ask coach few questions during the live chat session at 12:45pm (pt) or 2:45pm (wht) aka "woohoo time".

He's also scheduled for a live streaming interview at 1:30 (pt), 3:30 (wht). You are able to ask questions via fb, youtube, or twitter.

much thank you

gozagswoohoo
10-27-2011, 11:38 AM
Ugh, can't watch from my work computer.

DOWN WITH THE MAN

cggonzaga
10-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Certainly not much learned. Wish they would've went 20 minutes instead of 10. With that being said, i don't think you ever get much from Few anyway.

Baldwinzag
10-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Certainly not much learned. Wish they would've went 20 minutes instead of 10. With that being said, i don't think you ever get much from Few anyway.

Have you been watching the streamed interviews? Also, I thought the 'Chat Wrap' has been interesting as well...good stuff about the new guys, the health of Landry/Monninghoff/Harris, expectations about conference, etc.

Better tune in; Coach Few is up next!

One idea has been consistent b/w all the Coaches -- they all feel this is the strongest the League has been, from top to bottom, in a long, long time.

I've heard at least 3 of them say, 'Don't sleep on LMU either'. Interesting...Coach Few thinks its a 5 or 6 team race for the title, not just 3.

Malastein
10-27-2011, 12:32 PM
did the video poop out on anybody else? Few was talking chemistry, and now he's gone...

hooter73
10-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Did anyone ask why everyone else's out of conference schedules suck?

cggonzaga
10-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Have you been watching the streamed interviews?

Just the chat. Didn't think there was any great revelations there. Few gave about his standard answers to those questions. Never really thought Landry and Monninghoff's injuries were all that serious to begin with.

Baldwinzag
10-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Has been an excellent Youtube interview thus far -- hit on most topics.

They said these videos will be archived, so instead of providing a spotty summary, they'll be able to be viewed later for your enjoyment.

They have chatted about WCC, other teams, new guys, veterans, style of play, etc.

One thing I'll add is Coach Few eluded to the fans seeing "A lotta the Freshman this season"..."first time we're going to lean heavily on Freshman to contribute".

He then proceeded to describe each of their games and saying this class resembles the Santangelo/Frahm/Floyd/et al class. "Very driven, skilled, close-knit group of guys..."

I found it intriguing he took a moment to talk about Kyle Dranginis abilities moreso than the others and talked about we'll be seeing ALL of them THIS year. Maybe it was spoken out of context and referring to seeing these guys down the line, but based on the interview itself, it sounded as if he had no plans to red-shirt any of them.

Of course we'll RS Sarbaugh and I thought KD was a given, but after Coach Few said he's a "terrific shooter, passer, can drive it, can score it", I'm having some second thoughts...

Have thoroughly enjoyed the WCC media day thus far, as you can tell...

hooter73
10-27-2011, 12:50 PM
I wonder if Kyle is in the same boat as Ryan may be in. Spot minutes here and there but they'll be getting a good introduction to D1 and if the coaches think they will be contributors in those spot minutes thats great.

Baldwinzag
10-27-2011, 12:55 PM
Just the chat. Didn't think there was any great revelations there. Few gave about his standard answers to those questions. Never really thought Landry and Monninghoff's injuries were all that serious to begin with.

cg, at the bottom of the page there is a short 10-min sit down with Coach Few as well...b/w the 3 interviews, there is some solid stuff to be found. After all this is complete, the are doing a roundtable interviews w/3 WCC coaches during each segment.

EuroZag2010
10-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Where can we see the interview if we missed it?

cggonzaga
10-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Cool, thanks.

Schmitty
10-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Has been an excellent Youtube interview thus far -- hit on most topics.

They said these videos will be archived, so instead of providing a spotty summary, they'll be able to be viewed later for your enjoyment.

They have chatted about WCC, other teams, new guys, veterans, style of play, etc.

One thing I'll add is Coach Few eluded to the fans seeing "A lotta the Freshman this season"..."first time we're going to lean heavily on Freshman to contribute".

He then proceeded to describe each of their games and saying this class resembles the Santangelo/Frahm/Floyd/et al class. "Very driven, skilled, close-knit group of guys..."

I found it intriguing he took a moment to talk about Kyle Dranginis abilities moreso than the others and talked about we'll be seeing ALL of them THIS year. Maybe it was spoken out of context and referring to seeing these guys down the line, but based on the interview itself, it sounded as if he had no plans to red-shirt any of them.

Of course we'll RS Sarbaugh and I thought KD was a given, but after Coach Few said he's a "terrific shooter, passer, can drive it, can score it", I'm having some second thoughts...

Have thoroughly enjoyed the WCC media day thus far, as you can tell...

Coach has referred to KD as "my guy" in a few conversations I've had with him. Something tells me Mark hand picked him a long while ago and is expecting some big things from him in the not so distant future.

Baldwinzag
10-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Coach has referred to KD as "my guy" in a few conversations I've had with him. Something tells me Mark hand picked him a long while ago and is expecting some big things from him in the not so distant future.

Interesting and caught me by surprise.

I do recall a story of Coach Few showing the entire team recruiting videos of Kyle during a chartered flight saying 'he's going to be a good one'.

You can tell he definitely has an affinity for him and mentioned him in the same breath as the 'young guys who will make an impact'.

The most he talked about was Gary Bell being a 'Top-50 guy' and how Drainginis is really an all-around skilled guard. Good signs for both.

cggonzaga
10-27-2011, 04:16 PM
I still see a lot of Grevis Vazquez (sp?) in Kyle. We can only hope!