• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Elias Harris interview on Spox.com

This is the story on Spox, German lnguage site, via google translator.

• Feb 2007

Great find ZN!

A terrific interview. One of the best player interviews I have seen.

Very thorough, honest, in depth, & well-researched.

**Be sure to click "PART II" at the bottom...good stuff continues.

SPOX: The season was disappointing not only for you but for the entire team. What is the mood in the cabin?

Harris: Much better than my first two years. Previously there was one or two other players who thought he was better than the others and deserves more minutes. If they were still on the bench, they let out their frustrations. Now the right chemistry. The freshmen are very good basketball players who can fit even human.

SPOX: A year ago, said not only Bauermann that you need to specialize as a small forward, to have a chance at the NBA. As a power forward, you are too small. They were used as planned at Gonzaga Small forwad?

Harris: In the early season, we tested it, but because it for the team, not a whole went well, decided to coach Mark Few mean that everyone should play where he is most valuable - and for me it was definitely the power forward -position. That's what I understood completely.

SPOX: Although it endangers their NBA plans?

Harris: I do not see it so dramatic. In Europe, I could play both positions. But also for the NBA I do not see black. Take Shawn Marion: It measures 2.01 meters and as I started in Dallas as a small forward, power forward as he is still as strong. With Corey Maggette is similar. Although there are no exact details, but this kind of players I belong.
    I found the 1st question particularly intriguing...

When Elias was a Frosh, he was on the same team with GJ Vilarino, Grant Gibbs, Andy Poling, & Will Foster -- ALL accused of stating their displeasure over playing time at one point or another. All good guys and 3 of the 4 transferred for a reason. I shouldn't bring this up again, yet still can't forget how oft-injured guard, Grant Gibbs, publicly complained after every game via Twitter & Facebook when he didn't receive PT. I have a feeling this is exactly what E is eluding too...

Everyone seems to have each other's back on this team and grateful to be a Zag. Of course they want to play, but they understand one must earn that privilege.
    Last edited by Baldwinzag; 10-26-2011, 02:23 PM. Reason: too harsh
    “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

• U Zig, I Zag
      Zag for Life
      • Mar 2009

In the first year celebrated Elias Harris was a college sensation, the second year, however, he met the dark side.
      This is surprisingly accurate.

Comment

• Kiddwell
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

the dark side??

Hold it, Vader was in Spokane?

:]
        Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• sittingon50
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

So you're saying we won't hear of any bellyaching on this team?

Premature.
          But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Bogozags
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Kiddwell View Post
            Hold it, Vader was in Spokane?

Pink Floyd..."Dark side of the Moon" but Darth works for me too...lol

Comment

• BobZag
              Dark Lord of the Zag
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
              Pink Floyd..."Dark side of the Moon" but Darth works for me too...lol
              All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

I thought I was the Dark Lord of the Zag...err...Sith...err...whatever.,
              The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• 04ZagFan
                Banned
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Baldwinzag View Post
                A terrific interview. One of the best player interviews I have seen.

Very thorough, honest, in depth, & well-researched.

**Be sure to click "PART II" at the bottom...good stuff continues.

I found the 1st question particularly intriguing...

When Elias was a Frosh, he was on the same team with GJ Vilarino, Grant Gibbs, Andy Poling, & Will Foster -- ALL accused of stating their displeasure over playing time at one point or another. All good guys and 3 of the 4 transferred for a reason. I shouldn't bring this up again, yet still can't forget how oft-injured guard, Grant Gibbs, publicly complained after every game via Twitter & Facebook when he didn't receive PT. I have a feeling this is exactly what E is eluding too...

Everyone seems to have each other's back on this team and grateful to be a Zag. Of course they want to play, but they understand one must earn that privilege.
                Man I hope that is the case... I have been ripped by people over the years when I say something negative about former players, but the reality is, not one player who has transferred out of the Gonzaga went on to do anything anywhere else. There was a reason why they didn't get "enough" minutes at Gonzaga.

I'm glad those transfers are gone, because I don't want those types of kids on my team. WORK HARD AND EARN YOUR SPOT ON THE TEAM. It's the GONZAGA BULLDOGS, not the (insert player name here) Bulldogs. I'm sure I'll get criticized here for this post though.

Can anyone here imagine which if the current Zags WOULDN'T be on the roster had Arop, Gibbs, Vilarino, Poling, and Meech stayed? I know that people were most upset with Manny leaving, but I can already tell that Edi is 10 times the player Manny is.

Comment

• RenoZag
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

The freshmen are very good basketball players who can fit even human.
                  That Google translator needs some work. . .

Thanks for the lead.
                  The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Kiddwell
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
                    All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

I thought I was the Dark Lord of the Zag...err...Sith...err...whatever.,
                    Hold it, BobZag is Vader?

Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• TheZagPhish
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Kiddwell View Post
                      Hold it, BobZag is Vader?

We're doomed.
                      Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Comment

• hooter73
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jun 2008

Freaking Germans and Google. cant make heads of tails of half of the best interview ever.

Did get one thing though, he thinks 'Hoff is improved and ready to take another step up.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                          Zag for Life
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by hooter73 View Post
                          Freaking Germans and Google. cant make heads of tails of half of the best interview ever.

Did get one thing though, he thinks 'Hoff is improved and ready to take another step up.
                          This should be someone's signature/footer:

Harris: That I should not doubt me so quickly and need to follow the motto must be: Close your eyes and through.
                          Inspirational!

In all seriousness, why don't we get English language interviews from local media that ask these types of questions?

Comment

• Crazy
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • Nov 2009

but you guys are pretty fast, finding those articles even in germany - i just wanted to post it here

Hopefully, i can see more games this season Are you participating again at the tournament in hawai, cause i like the tipp off times there.

Comment

• Salsageek
                              Bleeds GU Blue
                              • Feb 2007

we won't be playing in Maui this year. I believe we are scheduled to be there next year.

Originally posted by Crazy View Post
                              but you guys are pretty fast, finding those articles even in germany - i just wanted to post it here

Hopefully, i can see more games this season Are you participating again at the tournament in hawai, cause i like the tipp off times there.
                              2009 Foo Fantasy Football Champ
                              2014 Foo Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Champ

Comment

Working...
                              X