PDA

View Full Version : Katz Blog Entry: 10/26/11

CDC84
10-26-2011, 11:38 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/37508/3-point-shots-pitts-robinson-to-return

3. Gonzaga coach Mark Few said he might have his best set of big men in his tenure with Robert Sacre, Elias Harris, Kelly Olynyk, Sam Dower and Ryan Spangler. If Gary Bell and Kevin Pangos can have as much of an impact as projected and David Stockton proves to be a calming presence at the point then the Zags have a shot to be a deep March team. Gonzaga needed to be deeper inside and with more options, it appears they have that this season.

Martin Centre Mad Man
10-26-2011, 11:47 AM
That's an encouraging sign if the coach thinks he's got a better group of bigs than Turiaf and Batista and a better group than Violette, Turiaf, Gourde, and Fox.

bartruff1
10-26-2011, 11:50 AM
That Few...he is such a polly...

DADoZAG
10-26-2011, 11:52 AM
That Few...he is such a polly...

Yea, and now he's got Katz swilling kool-aid!

Go ZAGS!

jazzdelmar
10-26-2011, 01:19 PM
katz is a true believer in mark few as well as the zags......pillar of salt required w all his comments on zags.

DADoZAG
10-26-2011, 01:28 PM
Corporations are people too.

Go ZAGS!

229SintoZag
10-26-2011, 03:33 PM
I want to see this in mid-April, instead of reading what Katz posted in mid-October:

Gonzaga coach Mark Few reflected that he had his best set of big men in his tenure with Robert Sacre, Elias Harris, Kelly Olynyk, Sam Dower and Ryan Spangler. Gary Bell and Kevin Pangos had much more of an impact than projected and David Stockton proved to be a calming presence at the point. This more than anything is why the Zags were such a strong deep March team this season. Gonzaga needed to be deeper inside and with more options, and they did that this season, which is why they were finally able to (return to the elite 8, reach the Final Four).

One can dream, right?

Bogozags
10-26-2011, 04:25 PM
I totally agree with his statement about the bigs as well as our two frosh guards. I am not concerned about how far we go in the Dance but rather winning our conference tournament, which I think will be a most difficult feat. This conference is sooooo much stronger than last year and not just because of BYU...IMO

DixieZag
10-26-2011, 04:41 PM
I totally agree with his statement about the bigs as well as our two frosh guards. I am not concerned about how far we go in the Dance but rather winning our conference tournament, which I think will be a most difficult feat. This conference is sooooo much stronger than last year and not just because of BYU...IMO

You make a great point about how wonderful it would be to closing in on the conference record and how rewarding it would be to do it as the conference gets stronger. Deep runs from sweet 16 on require so many factors to come together - admittedly the biggest one is having a great team, but they also have to be playing their best ball of the year, UCONN blew past a lot of great teams last year after a mediocre season. So, I agree that the goals should be - one game at a time, get better each game, win the conference, win the conference tourney and then play well at the right time, it would be great to get a 3 seed or better, but shooting for being a top 12 in the eyes of the committee is a tall order. Lets beat EWU, and get better in doing so.

BobZag
10-26-2011, 04:41 PM
I want to see this in mid-April, instead of reading what Katz posted in mid-October:

One can dream, right?

Excellent change of tense.