PDA

View Full Version : WCC's secret scrimmages

EuroZag2010
10-25-2011, 07:15 AM
Sat., Nov. 5
Texas vs. Gonzaga in Denver

The other WCC opponents scrimmages look better then their OOC.

St. Mary's at Arizona State

San Francisco at Cal Poly

San Diego at Long Beach State

Pepperdine at UC Santa Barbara

Washington at Santa Clara

San Francisco at Stanford

St. Mary's at California

http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/32936599

Kiddwell
10-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Kiddwell's amazed! Washington's scrimmage is on the road! <No, wait, the scrimmage doesn't count in the W-L columns. Kiddwell's not so amazed anymore.>

:]

Baldwinzag
10-25-2011, 07:24 AM
Great find, Euro!

I knew St Mary's was scrimmaging Cal this year, but had no idea they had a friendly vs Arizona St.

Too bad they couldn't schedule these game for the OOC. Sheesh.

titopoet
10-25-2011, 07:47 AM
Kiddwell's amazed! Washington's scrimmage is on the road! <No, wait, the scrimmage doesn't count in the W-L columns. Kiddwell's not so amazed anymore.>

A trip to the bay area, and they don't have to report the ̶l̶o̶s̶s̶ results. Why not?

sittingon50
10-25-2011, 07:56 AM
That all looks familiar, Euro. Is that this year or last years schedule? Source?

EuroZag2010
10-25-2011, 07:59 AM
That all looks familiar, Euro. Is that this year or last years schedule? Source?

According to Jeff Goodman its this years Scrimmages. It was posted this morning.

Shhhhhh: Secret Scrimmage List
Posted on: October 25, 2011 11:00 am
Edited on: October 25, 2011 11:45 am

hockeyzag
10-25-2011, 10:05 AM
It will be interesting to hear about Pangos going up against Kabongo. It won't be the first time those two have gone head to head. With the one instance I'm aware of Kabongo outplayed Pangos quite convincingly. I'm thinking Pangos' chemistry with his new team will help even up the match a little.
Here's hoping some reports leak out.

Baldwinzag
10-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Here's hoping some reports leak out.

There are always reports that leak, yet never on our end.

The past 2 years we've faced them in preseason, the Texas players have offered snippets and a bit of intel.

The arrangement is intended(by the schools & NCAA) to be a "closed door" affair with no player, coach, or witness providing any details. However, the door has never been completely sealed.

I heard they spanked us last season in the controlled scrimmage(minus an injured Elias) but we won a close one the year before, which was debated by some...

Be sure to follow the Longhorns' message boards after November 5th. You'll find something worth reading.

sittingon50
10-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Thanks Euro.

04ZagFan
10-25-2011, 12:00 PM

Oh man, have you seen Washington's OOC schedule this season? Absolute joke. Add that to the fact that the PAC 12 isn't very strong (assuming Arizona takes a big step back losing Jones and Williams, and UCLA is mediocre like they have been for several years) and they shouldn't lose many games this season! I think a couple of Washington's best high school teams could win 20 games with their schedule. Outside of Duke and Marquette, WOW.

zagzilla
10-25-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm not assuming Arizona takes a big step back. They are gonna be tough. Hope we can knock them off at the BIS.

maynard g krebs
10-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Oh man, have you seen Washington's OOC schedule this season? Absolute joke. Add that to the fact that the PAC 12 isn't very strong (assuming Arizona takes a big step back losing Jones and Williams, and UCLA is mediocre like they have been for several years) and they shouldn't lose many games this season! I think a couple of Washington's best high school teams could win 20 games with their schedule. Outside of Duke and Marquette, WOW.

I dislike the purple poultry as much as anyone, but gotta disagree here. As we know, Duke in MSG is essentially a road game, and Marquette only has to travel one time zone as well. They play Portland, and are playing road games at St Louis and Nevada.

Decent noncon sched for a team playing in a BCS conference- for once (though not enough to offset their cowardice regionally, of course).

04ZagFan
10-25-2011, 04:44 PM
I dislike the purple poultry as much as anyone, but gotta disagree here. As we know, Duke in MSG is essentially a road game, and Marquette only has to travel one time zone as well. They play Portland, and are playing road games at St Louis and Nevada.

Decent noncon sched for a team playing in a BCS conference- for once (though not enough to offset their cowardice regionally, of course).

If they were a big east team or ACC team, I would agree... But I think the PAC 12 is pretty mediocre, at best.