PDA

View Full Version : Directv dropping FSN on Nov 1

JosephZags
10-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Has anyone heard about this? Not good for out of state Zag watchers.

http://www.keepmynets.com/

jimmy b
10-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Has anyone heard about this? Not good for out of state Zag watchers.

http://www.keepmynets.com/

so it should be a non-issue, at least that's my understanding. May be wrong.

CDC84
10-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Depends where you live. Punch in your zip code on the right hand side of that website. Many areas wouldn't lose any of the FSN networks or Root channels.

MickMick
10-23-2011, 09:20 PM
So how does this work with Dish Network?

I don't see a Root channel.

Zag 77
10-23-2011, 09:21 PM
This might be a little complicated since FOX Sports Northwest does not exist anymore. It became Root Sports NW a few months ago. I think basically this group changed its name due to some corporate contactual deal. But, If Direct TV drops Root, you can always go to DISH, which is a better deal anyway price wise. In Spokane, Root Sports is channel 426 on DISH.

Or, you may have to cultivate a relationship with your local sports bar.

Or, discover this old-fashioned thing called "radio." However, that requires you to use something called your "imagination."

RenoZag
10-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Hmm. . .

DIRECTV has ROOT SPORTS NW on Channel 687. . .( the old FSNW Channel ) and the schedule at GoZags.com shows "KHQ/ROOT" as the broadcast source for quite a few games. . .

According to the website linked at the OP, in my zip code, we might lose:

FX
FOX Soccer
FOX Soccer Plus
FOX Movie Channel
National Geographic Channel
FOX Deportes
FUEL TV
SPEED

C'est la vie. . .

RenoZag
10-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Or, discover this old-fashioned thing called "radio." However, that requires you to use something called your "imagination."

For some one who can't figure out what Twitter is, that's a pretty arrogant POV

Zag 77
10-23-2011, 09:35 PM
I am learning fast. I also learned how to text on my cell phone this year.

I am looking for somebody to buy my collection of Beta VHS and 8-Track music tapes.

Reborn
10-23-2011, 09:35 PM
The football games that used to be on FSN (Huskies) are now on ROOT. I assume the same thing will hold for basketball. 687 is correct....

jimmy b
10-23-2011, 09:38 PM
below is from wikipedia. Since games are on Root NW (see GU Schedule), and direct TV owns it, all is OK (provided you aren't a soccer fan and have DirectTV).
----------------------------
DirecTV has its own exclusive channel called Audience Network. DirecTV also owns regional sports networks Root Sports Pittsburgh, Root Sports Northwest, Root Sports Rocky Mountain, and Root Sports Utah (all under the umbrella of DirecTV Sports Networks). DirecTV also owns the majority of Game Show Network, and a minority stake in MLB Network. DirecTV also has an exclusive 3DTV channel called n3D. DirecTV is also the exclusive U.S. rights holder to sports packages NFL Sunday Ticket, NASCAR Hot Pass, and the "DirecTV Experience", for Men's Majors Golf Tournaments and Grand Slam Tennis Tournaments.

RenoZag
10-23-2011, 09:39 PM
I am looking for somebody to buy my collection of . . .8-Track music tapes.

Donate them to Alliance House, but only if you have a working player !

Pargo the Destroyer
10-23-2011, 10:00 PM
Finkel is Einhorn, Einhorn is Finkel

jazzdelmar
10-24-2011, 04:08 AM
is it too early to ask phillyzag is he's gonna do his public service thing again this year? probably still nursing phillies/eagles wounds :)

Once and Future Zag
10-24-2011, 07:05 AM

Which radio stations in the Sacramento area broadcast Zag games, may I ask?

Baldwinzag
10-24-2011, 07:31 AM

C'mon OAFZ, just use your imagination! ;)

I just watch CBS's Online Gamecast and pretend the little round-headed animation thingys are the actual players. My imagination is the real deal tho...

:lmao:

Papa K
10-24-2011, 07:43 AM
Maybe WooHoo can draw you some "live" still shots of the game???

ExtremeJim
10-24-2011, 10:36 AM

If you can't tune in KGA 1510 on your car radio in Sacramento (I have always been able to, just as I can listen to my hometown KFBK up here in Spokane,) you can go to the KGA website:

http://www.1510kga.com/

...and click the "Listen Live" link in the upper right-hand corner, to hear Tom "Hesitation" Hudson's broadcast ("Oh, that second free-throw Sacre had about three minutes ago was good, by the way.")

You'll never want to watch a game on KHQ low-def TV again...

asoc
10-24-2011, 04:14 PM
below is from wikipedia. Since games are on Root NW (see GU Schedule), and direct TV owns it, all is OK (provided you aren't a soccer fan and have DirectTV).

Meh, Fox Soccer sucks, at least for this MLS fan.
The contract FSC had with MLS ran out at the end of last season. Negotiations weren't going as MLS liked so they held out and eventually did a one year contract for this season and kept negotiating. NBC/VS came in and made a much better deal.

ZagWhoShotLibertyValance
10-24-2011, 05:35 PM
o.k. umm, longtime zagfan who recently moved to spokane. i have comcast; while this does not directly affect me, I was curious if all the games are available in spokane? thx, sorry for the bandwidth, zwslv

tucsonzag
10-24-2011, 06:17 PM
is it too early to ask phillyzag is he's gonna do his public service thing again this year? probably still nursing phillies/eagles wounds :)

Most pressing issue (in my opinion) - is there gonna be any conceivable way to watch Friday's exhibition from out of Spoktown?

RenoZag
10-24-2011, 06:29 PM
o.k. umm, longtime zagfan who recently moved to spokane. i have comcast; while this does not directly affect me, I was curious if all the games are available in spokane? thx, sorry for the bandwidth, zwslv

The schedule published by the GU athletic dept. shows the television networks (by game ) who will broadcast the games. . .

Schedule Link (http://www.gozags.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=26400&SPID=90846&SPSID=627529)

Does Comcast carry those networks ?

ZagMan in Philly
10-24-2011, 06:49 PM

hey jazz, i can't believe the phillies are not playing right now in the W.S.
Not much to root for in philly except for the Zags...haha.

Will set up something on justintv or ustream website once the zag games are on again (I am hoping, time permitted). Will post a link on a new thread for more information.

GoZAGS!

btw Jazz, i think young Stockton will shine this year.

ZagMan in Philly
10-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Most pressing issue (in my opinion) - is there gonna be any conceivable way to watch Friday's exhibition from out of Spoktown?

The only way for out of Spokane fans to watch this exhibition is to have someone in the Spokane area streaming it....
I got in touch with Flyzag and asked him to do us out of towners a favor, hopefully he will be able to, as he did stream one game last year. So keep your fingers crossed.

ZIP

Zag 77
10-24-2011, 09:14 PM
If you hate Fox doing soccer, sorry to note that Fox and Univision won the contract away from ESPN for the 2014 World Cup. Maybe you may have to go with Spanish language coverage on Univision.

ellenvega
10-24-2011, 09:18 PM
ESPN still has it for 2014, FOX takes over after that.

Pargo the Destroyer
10-24-2011, 09:30 PM

Comcast here as well. You will be fine.

Zagquette
10-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Hey, Philly.

Any idea of how many people tune in to your "broadcasts"?

I talk with a lot of out-of-network zag fans and it seems like many folks rely on your services.

Just want to say thanks for helping us out when you can. Especially for the zags on the east coast. It aint exactly easy to find a bar that will show a late night zags game on a Thursday night or sell that idea to the wife.

Much love

FlyZag
10-25-2011, 07:07 PM
The only way for out of Spokane fans to watch this exhibition is to have someone in the Spokane area streaming it....
I got in touch with Flyzag and asked him to do us out of towners a favor, hopefully he will be able to, as he did stream one game last year. So keep your fingers crossed.

ZIP

I should have something up on Justin for the game. I will post a link prior to tip.

GO ZAGS

ZagMan in Philly
10-26-2011, 04:13 AM
[QUOTE=FlyZag;690373]I should have something up on Justin for the game. I will post a link prior to tip.

GO ZAGS[/QUOTE

On behalf of many other out of towners who want to watch the exhibition...Big Thank You Flyzag.

To answer Zagquette's question:

Hey, Philly.

Any idea of how many people tune in to your "broadcasts"?

About 500-2000, depends on the game.

DCZag
10-26-2011, 06:16 AM
I, for one, have been watching for the last few years - from Afghanistan to here in our lovely nation's capital. Speaking for all us displaced fans - THANKS to all those who "hook a brother up" with the streams! Especially Philly

asoc
10-27-2011, 02:32 AM
If you hate Fox doing soccer, sorry to note that Fox and Univision won the contract away from ESPN for the 2014 World Cup. Maybe you may have to go with Spanish language coverage on Univision.
The recent announcement was that Fox won the US rights to the 2018(Russia) and 2022(Qatar) world cups. But most my gripes are about how FSC specifically treats MLS.

To try to tie this back into basketball...

FOX appears to be lacking in the online options they offer for sports viewing. I like what ESPN does with ESPN3. I don't know what to say about the conflict between FOX and Dish, but FOX has a lot of work to do when it comes to expanding online content which could actually make us random sports fans pretty happy as well as put pressure on the various cable and satellite companies.

77Zag
11-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Looks like it all worked out

http://ebm.cm.directv.com/c/tag/hBOsFbKB8cs$rB8eQ$GAAcWgr-t/doc.html?t_params=FNAME%3DROB

Dear Customer,

As you may have heard, DIRECTV has been in talks with News Corp./Fox about continuing to carry Fox-owned channels. We're pleased to announce that an agreement has been reached. There will be NO service interruption. All channels will remain on the air, including:

FX
National Geographic Channel
Nat Geo WILD
SPEED
FUEL TV
FOX Soccer
FOX Soccer Plus
FOX Deportes
Fox regional sports networks
Fox News channel
Fox Broadcasting (FOX)
Fox Business Network
Fox Movie Channel
Your local FOX station

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

DIRECTV

All stations are back on Directv --

Corporate dances are just that.

Dirt McGirt
11-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Thank god. I was looking for places to watch Sons of Anarchy tonight.