• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JosephZags
    Kennel Club Material
    • Jul 2008

Directv dropping FSN on Nov 1

Has anyone heard about this? Not good for out of state Zag watchers.

• jimmy b
    Kennel Club Material
    • Oct 2007

but isn't FSN now ROOT and ROOT owned by DirectTV ?

Originally posted by JosephZags View Post
    Has anyone heard about this? Not good for out of state Zag watchers.

http://www.keepmynets.com/
    so it should be a non-issue, at least that's my understanding. May be wrong.

Comment

• CDC84
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Depends where you live. Punch in your zip code on the right hand side of that website. Many areas wouldn't lose any of the FSN networks or Root channels.

Comment

• MickMick
        Zag for Life
        • Apr 2007

So how does this work with Dish Network?

I don't see a Root channel.
        I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• Zag 77
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

FSN or Root Sports?

This might be a little complicated since FOX Sports Northwest does not exist anymore. It became Root Sports NW a few months ago. I think basically this group changed its name due to some corporate contactual deal. But, If Direct TV drops Root, you can always go to DISH, which is a better deal anyway price wise. In Spokane, Root Sports is channel 426 on DISH.

Or, you may have to cultivate a relationship with your local sports bar.

Or, discover this old-fashioned thing called "radio." However, that requires you to use something called your "imagination."

Comment

• RenoZag
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Hmm. . .

DIRECTV has ROOT SPORTS NW on Channel 687. . .( the old FSNW Channel ) and the schedule at GoZags.com shows "KHQ/ROOT" as the broadcast source for quite a few games. . .

According to the website linked at the OP, in my zip code, we might lose:

FX
            FOX Soccer
            FOX Soccer Plus
            FOX Movie Channel
            National Geographic Channel
            FOX Deportes
            FUEL TV
            SPEED

C'est la vie. . .
            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• RenoZag
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

Or, discover this old-fashioned thing called "radio." However, that requires you to use something called your "imagination."
              For some one who can't figure out what Twitter is, that's a pretty arrogant POV

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Zag 77
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

My kid explained Twitter to me

I am learning fast. I also learned how to text on my cell phone this year.

I am looking for somebody to buy my collection of Beta VHS and 8-Track music tapes.

Comment

• Reborn
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2007

The football games that used to be on FSN (Huskies) are now on ROOT. I assume the same thing will hold for basketball. 687 is correct....
                  Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• jimmy b
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Oct 2007

Root = DirectTV

below is from wikipedia. Since games are on Root NW (see GU Schedule), and direct TV owns it, all is OK (provided you aren't a soccer fan and have DirectTV).
                    ----------------------------
                    DirecTV has its own exclusive channel called Audience Network. DirecTV also owns regional sports networks Root Sports Pittsburgh, Root Sports Northwest, Root Sports Rocky Mountain, and Root Sports Utah (all under the umbrella of DirecTV Sports Networks). DirecTV also owns the majority of Game Show Network, and a minority stake in MLB Network. DirecTV also has an exclusive 3DTV channel called n3D. DirecTV is also the exclusive U.S. rights holder to sports packages NFL Sunday Ticket, NASCAR Hot Pass, and the "DirecTV Experience", for Men's Majors Golf Tournaments and Grand Slam Tennis Tournaments.

Comment

• RenoZag
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zag 77 View Post

I am looking for somebody to buy my collection of . . .8-Track music tapes.
                      Donate them to Alliance House, but only if you have a working player !

Comment

• Pargo the Destroyer
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2008

Finkel is Einhorn, Einhorn is Finkel

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

philly?

is it too early to ask phillyzag is he's gonna do his public service thing again this year? probably still nursing phillies/eagles wounds

Comment

• Once and Future Zag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Zag 77 View Post
                            Which radio stations in the Sacramento area broadcast Zag games, may I ask?
                            History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Comment

• Baldwinzag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Once and Future Zag View Post
                              Which radio stations in the Sacramento area broadcast Zag games, may I ask?
                              C'mon OAFZ, just use your imagination!

I just watch CBS's Online Gamecast and pretend the little round-headed animation thingys are the actual players. My imagination is the real deal tho...

“You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

Working...
                              X