PDA

View Full Version : 2011 World Series Thread: Cardinals vs Rangers

gozagswoohoo
10-19-2011, 07:21 PM
Game 1 goes to the Cardinals!!!!

Wooooooohooooooooo!!!

CDC84
10-20-2011, 08:38 AM
I long for the day when Buck and McCarver get tossed from the announcers booth. They're just terrible, and I don't say that about many sports announcers. At times I literally have to turn the sound off.

I like the Turner guys much more.

Zag 77
10-20-2011, 08:54 AM
TV ratings will be awful. This would have been a good year to go back to day games. A whole generation has bypassed baseball.

gozagswoohoo
10-20-2011, 11:13 AM
While a "Rangers vs Cardinals" series wouldn't really be expected to draw any record numbers.....the viewership for the World Series has been basically trending down for quite some time now.

People just aren't watching like they did 20 years ago.

But what DOES matter....is that I'M WATCHING!!!! GO REDBIRDS!!

a13coach
10-21-2011, 08:48 AM
while a "rangers vs cardinals" series wouldn't really be expected to draw any record numbers.....the viewership for the world series has been basically trending down for quite some time now.

People just aren't watching like they did 20 years ago.

But what does matter....is that i'm watching!!!! Go redbirds!!

+1

go cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gozagswoohoo
10-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Holy schnikies!!!

That, my friends, is the best traveling road offense in the majors!!

And Pujoooooools, WOW!!

St. Louis.......PAY THAT MAN!!

sittingon50
10-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Didn't see much of it as I was traveling home from Kraziness. Looks like the Cards missed an extra point somewhere along the way.

ellenvega
10-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Not a big fan of either team, but as I can't stand LaRussa for even a second go Rangers!

gozagswoohoo
10-24-2011, 08:20 PM
If the Cardinals have to lose, I WILL say...the Rangers are a likable bunch and I'd SOOO much rather they win it than say the Brewers.

But as far as tonight goes, I can honestly say that wasn't so much that the Rangers won, but more that the Cardinals gave it away. They stranded something like 19?? That's MORE than 2 base runners PER INNING left on base. I mean...you have to at least get LUCKY and have runs score with numbers like that. Sheesh...one of the most frustrating games I've ever watched as a Cards fan...

gozagswoohoo
10-27-2011, 09:18 PM
That was the greatest game I have ever seen.

Wow.

RenoZag
10-27-2011, 09:22 PM
I don't care who wins the Series. . .but that was one helluva baseball game !

CDC84
10-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Classic McCarver/Buck moment last night. Cards with runners at 1st and 2nd base with 2 out. Cards are down by 1. Rangers outfielders are playing deep near the warning track. McCarver/Buck can't understand why. They go on and on and on about the placement of the outfielders. Why aren't they playing shallow?

Could they be more clueless?

First off all, when there are 2 outs and there is a runner at 2nd base, that runner if off at the crack of the bat. If that runner has any kind of speed (and the Cards had a very speedy runner out there), he is going to score on almost any base hit. Very, very little chance of any Ranger outfielder throwing him out at home plate. It would have to be a one hop live drive and a perfect throw.

Secondly, the main item of concern in that situation for the Rangers is to protect against the winning run....the runner at first base. Hence, the reason why you play the outfielders deep. You always protect against the winning run no matter what.

gozagswoohoo
10-28-2011, 07:47 PM
World champions!!

RenoZag
10-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Congrats to the Cardinals & their fans. . .