PDA

View Full Version : Top 100 Coaches in College Basketball History

ID ZAGFAN
10-19-2011, 09:59 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/901148-the-100-greatest-coaches-in-college-basketball-history/page/31

Mark Few is number 71:

Quote:
71. Mark Few
Doug Pensinger/Getty Images
In 12 seasons since replacing Dan Monson at Gonzaga, Mark Few has taken the Zags to 12 NCAA tournaments (including four Sweet 16s) and won a school-record 315 games.

Only two coaches in history (Clair Bee and Jerry Tarkanian) have reached 200 wins faster than Few, who did it in 247 career games.

Reached this through Jim Meehan's twitter.

ZaGranny

DCZag
10-19-2011, 10:13 AM
But this board knows a helluva lot more about recruiting than he does (sarcasm dripping)

ZagNative
10-19-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm always skeptical about stuff from the Bleacher Report and usually don't even open their stories, because of the lack of credentials from the majority of their contributors.

Note that the author' list is not limited to active coaches and includes folks like Everett Case and Larry Brown.

Demetri Awesome
10-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Where is Romar? Thats right!

siliconzag
10-19-2011, 12:36 PM
I'm always skeptical about stuff from the Bleacher Report and usually don't even open their stories, because of the lack of credentials from the majority of their contributors.

Note that the author' list is not limited to active coaches and includes folks like Everett Case and Larry Brown.

Skepticism is justified. Their top 50 all time players included neither Oscar Robertson nor Elgin Baylor. The list of coaches appears to be somewhat less biased, however. I am thinking Dana Altman belongs on the list, but I understand why he isn't. He will be soon, I think Oregon is on the rise.

maynard g krebs
10-19-2011, 12:51 PM
The presence of Ben Braun (79), fired from Cal for being thoroughly mediocre, makes this list pretty useless.