PDA

View Full Version : You know when your OOC schedule is good

ZagsGoZags
10-18-2011, 02:55 AM
when .....

hooter73
10-18-2011, 07:57 AM
lets win better than our standard 30% of the OOC games first, then it will be good :)

Sorry to poop on the parody to SMC parade.

gozagswoohoo
10-18-2011, 08:00 AM
when the team you play on you senior night (Longwood) would be the toughest opponent on most of the other WCC team's schedule.

awberke
10-18-2011, 10:10 AM
When you see LBJ come out of the tunnel.

U Zig, I Zag
10-18-2011, 11:50 AM
When the opposing team collectively has more tattoos than your team.

gamagin
10-18-2011, 11:55 AM
when the preseason schedule tests you and makes you a better team and ready to not just keep going and growing, but prepares you as much as possible to enter your league with growing momentum right up to and through the dance.

Therunner
10-18-2011, 11:59 AM
When your SOS is actually a quantifiable number.

EuroZag2010
10-18-2011, 12:17 PM
When the 2 teams that coming to the kennel have 10 FF between them. (Michigan state and Butler )

maynard g krebs
10-18-2011, 12:25 PM
When you see LBJ come out of the tunnel.

Why would Lyndon Baines Johnson be coming out of the tunnel?

JPtheBeasta
10-18-2011, 12:29 PM
You look at your resume at the end of the year and are not sweating an invite snub to the NIT.

awberke
10-18-2011, 12:41 PM

Cause he got to the light at the end and turned around.

Baldwinzag
10-18-2011, 12:50 PM
When 7 of your 12 OOC games are featured on ESPN, ESPN2, or CBS.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/9/11/128971941659058893.jpg

SWZag
10-18-2011, 01:11 PM

That was my first question! haha.

Maybe it was meant to be Lady Bird Johnson?

SWZag

kitzbuel
10-18-2011, 01:24 PM

He's comin' to get you!

http://www.mackwhite.com/lbj-kennedy.jpg

awberke
10-18-2011, 03:34 PM
That was my first question! haha.

Maybe it was meant to be Lady Bird Johnson?

SWZag

Alright, let me break it down for you guys. LeBron James.

Aka, a fairly well known basketball player.

Maybe this wasn't funny but it didn't even have a chance with you old farts looking for any chance to mention a dead president.

HOOTER
10-18-2011, 04:54 PM

So you're saying, with the NBA lockout and all, that LeBron has decided to play some college ball to keep himself sharp?

kitzbuel
10-18-2011, 05:06 PM

Aka, a fairly well known basketball player.

Maybe this wasn't funny but it didn't even have a chance with you old farts looking for any chance to mention a dead president.
Hey! Don't be using language like that to describe Maynard, even if it is true.

gamagin
10-18-2011, 05:09 PM
for "King James." It's even tattooed on the back of his left and right arms. A Big "L" behind the left bicep and and a big "J" behind the right arm.

besides that, shouldn't Le Bron win something first before we discuss this?

northsidezagfan
10-18-2011, 06:00 PM
for "King James." It's even tattooed on the back of his left and right arms. A Big "L" behind the left bicep and and a big "J" behind the right arm.

besides that, shouldn't Le Bron win something first before we discuss this?

LJ are his initials, LBJ is his nickname. He has shoes that are called the Nike "Zoom LBJ". And he doesn't have to win anything... if you see him walking out of the tunnel in an OOC game you're playing in the NBA, so you've probably got a pretty tough schedule. Hate all you want, it doesn't change the fact that he is one of the best players in the league. And I'm not even one of his fans.
But back on topic, I would say you know it's good when play 5 BCS teams, plus Butler and Xavier, all in under 7 weeks.

EuroZag2010
10-18-2011, 06:14 PM
LJ are his initials, LBJ is his nickname. He has shoes that are called the Nike "Zoom LBJ". And he doesn't have to win anything... if you see him walking out of the tunnel in an OOC game you're playing in the NBA, so you've probably got a pretty tough schedule. Hate all you want, it doesn't change the fact that he is one of the best players in the league. And I'm not even one of his fans.
But back on topic, I would say you know it's good when play 5 BCS teams, plus Butler and Xavier, all in under 7 weeks.

THANKS!!! NZfan
I dont get the hatred thats going on with LBJ. People let it go geezzz

maynard g krebs
10-18-2011, 06:52 PM
He's comin' to get you!

http://www.mackwhite.com/lbj-kennedy.jpg

LOL. Thanks. Now I'll have nightmares. I was 14 when he left office, so actually it was Nixon that was comin' to get me. The word lottery had a totally different meaning in those days, as did the word draft. Luckily, I drew a high number.

gamagin
10-18-2011, 06:55 PM

He needs to get a B tattooed in the middle of his back. also, hate has nothing to do with someone or some corp. taking some rather well known initials and calling them their own. In fact they are not.

JFK Gamagin

northsidezagfan
10-18-2011, 07:16 PM
He needs to get a B tattooed in the middle of his back. also, hate has nothing to do with someone or some corp. taking some rather well known initials and calling them their own. In fact they are not.

JFK Gamagin

So should Darren McFadden give up the nickname "Run DMC" because he wasn't in a rather well-known rap group? Should Andrei Kirilenko not be "AK-47" because he is not actually a rather well-known gun? He never claimed them to be his initials, and neither did I. And I have a hard time believing that Nike is trying to appeal to the demographic who is concerned about who Lyndon Johnson is when they sell shoes. To the people that buy the shoes the only dead presidents of concern are the many it takes to pay or the sneakers.

And hate doesn't have anything to do with his nickname, but it does have to do with bringing up his number of rings like so many people do nowadays. Plenty of great players never won it all. Barkley, Baylor, Ewing, for example. And a certain Utah Jazz player (and no, I'm not talking about Greg Ostertag) who is the greatest point guard of all time in the eyes of many, and rightfully so. This is the argument people always bring up against LeBron and judging a player solely on this is unreasonable.

sittingon50
10-18-2011, 07:18 PM
I didn't even know he was sick!

sittingon50
10-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Believe it or not, it wasn't until this moment that I actually realized that I was a lottery pick; nearly 40 years after the fact. I was Lottery #29 in the '72 draft. Didn't make near as much money as they do these days.

Consider this thread hijacked.

primal23
10-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Well my two cents are...... Oh look a chicken!

gamagin
10-18-2011, 07:40 PM
So should Darren McFadden give up the nickname "Run DMC" because he wasn't in a rather well-known rap group? Should Andrei Kirilenko not be "AK-47" because he is not actually a rather well-known gun? He never claimed them to be his initials, and neither did I. And I have a hard time believing that Nike is trying to appeal to the demographic who is concerned about who Lyndon Johnson is when they sell shoes.

And hate doesn't have anything to do with his nickname, but it does have to do with bringing up his number of rings like so many people do nowadays. Plenty of great players never won it all. Barkley, Baylor, Ewing, for example. And a certain Utah Jazz player (and no, I'm not talking about Greg Ostertag) who is the greatest point guard of all time in the eyes of many, and rightfully so. This is the argument people always bring up against LeBron and judging a player solely on this is unreasonable.

in the first paragraph is yes. Make up their own names or suffer using the fake identity they have acquired by doing nothing special except fool the foolish.

I agree with you about this: "To the people that buy the shoes the only dead presidents of concern are the many it takes to pay or the sneakers." You can't fix stupid.

none of those mentioned in the second graph are walking around with other people's names, either. so what is the point ? LJ is just another contender with tons of potential until he earns his creds over a career, like everyone else. imo.

sugar ray gamagin

awberke
10-18-2011, 08:15 PM

Someone on this forum watches basketball that isn't Gonzaga?

I agree, you shouldn't have to win a championship to just be brought up in conversation.

zagfan07
10-19-2011, 11:47 AM
:fingergun:

So, back to the thread. You know your OOC schedule is tough when...

ExtremeJim
10-19-2011, 01:47 PM
Someone tries to tell you that people who think Lyndon Johnson used to be President of the United States don't wear shoes!

I wear shoes.

I own several pairs of shoes, in fact.

One of them even has that big check-mark on the sides, same as LeBron James has on his. Although I'm pretty sure it was Tiger Woods that told me to buy them, and not some title-less basketball player.

They're golf shoes.

I've been playing golf since Lyndon Johnson was President.

And now you know the rest of the story.