PDA

View Full Version : Could this effect our game with Xavier?

Bogozags
10-15-2011, 06:28 PM
This is an AP article I found on ESPN: "CINCINNATI -- Xavier senior center Kenny Frease has been suspended indefinitely by coach Chris Mack.

The Musketeers coach said Friday that the 7-foot Frease "did not fulfill all the responsibilities of a Xavier basketball player."

Frease, a preseason second-team selection in the Atlantic 10, averaged 11.7 points and 7.1 rebounds last season.

The Musketeers, who have won or shared the last five A-10 regular-season titles, were the runaway choice as the preseason No. 1 in the conference."

I mentioned in a previous thread that Frease did not score a point against us last year but playing at home, might have given him some added motivation. Xavier is rather thin in the post so I believe this gives us a slight edge in our match-up with them on New Year's Eve...then again, he might well be permitted back on the team making this point moot!

DCZag
10-16-2011, 08:39 AM
In my experience, these "indefinite" suspensions are usually anything but (see Wazzu). It means he'll miss a couple of cupcake games in the first couple of weeks. I'd be extremely surprised if he misses any meaningful time...

Therunner
10-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Not likely...

"Indefinitely" could mean one practice, one game, or the year. Given the fact he's a Senior and Xavier desperately needs his presence in the front court, my bet he's back on the court by Game 1.

Xavier is my sleeper pick as a Top-10 team all season. Have a feeling they'll be our highest ranked opponent when its all said & done.

Outside of a vastly underrated St Mary's squad, Xavier & Arizona are our toughest games this year, imo.