PDA

View Full Version : Just move from San Antonio to Anchorage and...

Bogozags
10-14-2011, 09:41 PM
am wondering if there is any kind of Spirit or Alumni Club here...if you know would love to get a PM with any information on this subject. Would love to share the "love" with any and all GU fanatics!

Zagineer
10-14-2011, 10:20 PM
I see that you've sent a message to Akzag. I'd say you are already hard wired into the Alaska network.

I wish you the best, Bogo, in your relocation to AK. :)

ZagsGoZags
10-15-2011, 06:32 AM
I'd say plug into this blog every few days
you'll learn a ton about the zags
and its civil compared to many of the others I've seen

willandi
10-15-2011, 08:00 AM
I would also recommend against going for long walks beside the river after a December or January game!!

bartruff1
10-15-2011, 11:25 AM
I hope you enjoy the outdoors. The Northwest and Mountain West are great, but nothing compared to the variety and vastness of Alaska. They like to joke that Anchorage is only 20 minutes from Alaska and that is probably right, but it is also the perfect base to explore in 360 degrees. Wrangle St Elias is 6 times the size of Yellowstone and has 17 of the highest 20 peaks in the US. Countless and unnamed rivers and valleys and mountains. Once you get used to dealing with the bears, it is a great place to hike and kayak and fly (there are no atheists in Super Cubs !!) A great day trip is to Whitter and hike the Blue Ice Trail. Don't miss a trip to Valdez, the road thru Thompson Pass and Keystone Canyon is the most beautiful road I have ever driven ....lucky you ...enjoy...and like they say in Alaska ..." I hope I see you down the trail " Bart

Akzag
10-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Welcome to the Party ...

a quick link (http://www.zagsonline.org/s/829/index.aspx?sid=829&gid=1&pgid=357) to the Alaska Alumni Chapter page with contact info ...

The Peanut Farm ( Int'l Airport Road & Old Seward Highway ) is one of the larger sports bars in town and dozens of Zags have been known to gather there to watch games on the big screens ( there is also a vocal amount of Coug fans that will show up for the annual head to head tilt ). As long as the games aren't up against football which takes precedence for some reason :fingergun: , they will likely have Zag games on. Once conference play starts, you can almost guarantee it.

And if you'd rather watch at home, between Fox Sports Northwest ( or Root, nowadays ) and the espn family you are pretty well covered ( all covered in the basic cable package, which in my experience gets you all but maybe two-three games a year). EspnU & Fox Regional channels ( and now our friends at BYUtv ) are a bit more and included in the Variety pack. Dish and DirectTv are available, but tricky depending on how close you live to the mountains.

Feel free to PM me about anything else.