PDA

View Full Version : Lets' let the Coaches and the Players decide?

HillBillyZag
10-14-2011, 08:40 AM
As usual, already there are strong opinions by several posters about who gets playing time and who should red-shirt ? Along the same lines, the inuendo and indirect criticism of several players is beginning to appear. While it's any fans right to state his/her thoughts, remember Saturday will likely be the first of many practice sessions and no organized scrimmages or actual games have been played. Coach Few and his staff want to WIN as badly as we fans do and I have every confidence that when the Tip-off comes for games that mean anything, the kids getting the playing time will be the ones that give Gonzaga it's best chance to WIN . As deep as this team is, the competition for playing time will be intense and and my main concern is that ALL the young men stay healthy , give it their best, and close ranks for the common goal! Go Zags !!

TimboZag
10-14-2011, 08:45 AM
+1

U Zig, I Zag
10-14-2011, 08:49 AM
Well, it's settled then. Shut the board down until March. See you guys then!

cjm720
10-14-2011, 08:49 AM
Agree HBZ, but it sure is fun to speculate.

zag67
10-14-2011, 09:12 AM
HillBilly - +10000
Let the season begin.

hooter73
10-14-2011, 09:37 AM
why are you on a public message board again? Surely not for opinions and discussion, that cant be allowed.

75Zag
10-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Here's an idea. Fans could text their lineup changes during each game ($15.99 mandatory donation to the NCAA per text, regular text charges may also apply) and then players will be automatically substituted in or out of the game, based on up-to-the-minute fan voting. If it works for Teen Idol, it should work for the NCAA.

Don't like that one? How about putting a shock collar on Few, to be activated by real-time concensus voting by fans on this board. Bad substitution? ZZZZZZZt. Crummy play sent in from the sidelines? ZZZZZZt. Bench technical foul? ZZZZZZZt, ZZZZZZZt, ZZZZZZZt. After three or four games, Few should be performing up to the expectations of this board at least 90% of the time. It works great on my hunting dogs, although my legal team is still exploring issues related to use on grandchildren.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

Saxon_zag
10-14-2011, 10:20 AM
why are you on a public message board again? Surely not for opinions and discussion, that cant be allowed.

He usually will make a few posts like this during the season too. He really hates opinions

gu03alum
10-14-2011, 10:26 AM
http://www.w3downloads.com/gif_gallery/Yawn%202.gif

Malastein
10-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Well, it's settled then. Shut the board down until March. See you guys then!

+10000

Oh, and might as well just read the Gonzaga Bulletin until then. Also, taking a public vow of silence on the subject of Gonzaga basketball is probably a good idea. Especially since you've probably already jinxed the season by talking too much about the players.

JPtheBeasta
10-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Letting Few decide by himself on starting lineups and such without help from me is a totally ridiculous notion, and potentially dangerous to the program.

We all know that our prognostication has no bearing on the actual outcome of lineups or games or whatever, but it's fun to talk sports- and specifically with fan(atic)s of GU basketball. For me, the message board is for entertainment, catharsis after a bad loss, celebration after a big win, recruiting info/insider knowledge during the offseason, and community (I live in Arizona Wildcat country now).

Please excuse me while I log in as someone else so I can agree with myself;)

ZagNative
10-14-2011, 12:03 PM
Please excuse me while I log in as someone else so I can agree with myself;):lmao:

bullzag23
10-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Here's an idea. Fans could text their lineup changes during each game ($15.99 mandatory donation to the NCAA per text, regular text charges may also apply) and then players will be automatically substituted in or out of the game, based on up-to-the-minute fan voting. If it works for Teen Idol, it should work for the NCAA.

Don't like that one? How about putting a shock collar on Few, to be activated by real-time concensus voting by fans on this board. Bad substitution? ZZZZZZZt. Crummy play sent in from the sidelines? ZZZZZZt. Bench technical foul? ZZZZZZZt, ZZZZZZZt, ZZZZZZZt. After three or four games, Few should be performing up to the expectations of this board at least 90% of the time. It works great on my hunting dogs, although my legal team is still exploring issues related to use on grandchildren.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

I think that would have worked especially well every time Heister/Ehlo lost track of the game last year, had we given them shock collars of course ZZZZZZZZt :roll:

HOOTER
10-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Please excuse me while I log in as someone else so I can agree with myself;)

:lmao:

So apparently JP and ZN are one in the same? ;)

JPtheBeasta
10-14-2011, 05:17 PM
So apparently JP and ZN are one in the same? ;)

LOL:) Thanks for the compliment.

willandi
10-14-2011, 06:27 PM

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

I actually saw this the other way. Let the fans on this board wear the collars, when one of their ideas doesn't work, THEY get the zap!

ZagsGoZags
10-14-2011, 06:37 PM
how about
login as someone else and then
disagree with myself

Ekrub
10-14-2011, 08:28 PM
OK , HBZ . No problem , .

soccerdud
10-14-2011, 11:47 PM
whoah, whoah, whoah. how'd this thread get up to 2 stars?

ZagsGoZags
10-15-2011, 06:37 AM
That's right Coach needs our insights desperately
we have a right to have input into a set of earplugs on him, then we get access immediately into his mind

after all the more info the better, right?

he should have those earplugs on so he can hear our advice, above all, during the games

Therunner
10-15-2011, 07:23 AM
wait, so the Coaches don't read this board for our opinions & input?

i could have sworn they were reading my posts & valuable feedback the past 4 years -- i even put "Online Coaching Consultant" on my resume (Feb 2007 - present).

say it ain't so...

BroncoZAG615
10-15-2011, 07:41 AM
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/internetseriousbusiness02.jpg

primal23
10-15-2011, 07:43 AM
Well I don't know about the rest of you, but I get daily calls from the entire coaching staff regarding what I think as to who should play, redshirt or be benched.

DADoZAG
10-15-2011, 08:56 AM
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/internetseriousbusiness02.jpg

Lucky for the cat the shoulder patch doesn't say "Spokane..."

Go ZAGS!

Let's see if I can get some neg rep on this one...

cggonzaga
10-15-2011, 09:30 AM
Hilarious and a little scary at the same time dado

HOOTER
10-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Lucky for the cat the shoulder patch doesn't say "Spokane..."

They prefer to shoot people. http://midwestboatparty.com/forum/images/smilies/uzi.gifhttp://midwestboatparty.com/forum/images/smilies/2008_Smilies/willy_nilly.gif

RockandRollJames
10-15-2011, 02:43 PM
Shut up. This is what is wrong with these boards. Too many of the posters would rather nobody have any opinions and just "trust the staff". What fun is that? Would you rather this board only be about praising the coaches/players and updates on board members' new children? Because those are becoming some of the only things that fly around here.

HOOTER
10-15-2011, 02:49 PM
http://midwestboatparty.com/forum/images/smilies/2008_Smilies/iagree.gif

"Strong opinions" are frowned upon by some here.

krozman
10-15-2011, 09:17 PM
It's fun to mock the homers who do nothing but praise the team. They have their place. Seems every year it goes round and round at least twice. The more teams/subscribers change the more things stay the same.

GeorgiaZagFan
10-16-2011, 06:59 PM
If I knew the coaches perused this board and made their personnel decisions and game strategies based upon what we said I would have put a lot more thought into what I was posting....thanks..now the pressure is really on me...and I'm not getting the BIG bucks to deal with such pressure!!! :)