PDA

View Full Version : Zags Finishing Lineup

vandalzag
10-13-2011, 07:54 AM
Starting is one thing. Who will finish the game. Who is going to take the big shot or play the end of game defense to win a 2 point game?

Offense:
Stockton
Bell
Carter (Maybe MM if we need another 3pt shooter)
Dower
Sacre

Defense:
Carter/Bell
Keita
Landry
Dower
Sacre

cjm720
10-13-2011, 08:06 AM
Finishing, as in at the end of the game opposed to the lineup at the end of the season?

Man, tough to tell at this stage other that I can guarantee Carter and Harris will be in the game on offense.

CDC84
10-13-2011, 08:06 AM
Marquise Carter for the big shot. He hit so many of them toward the end of last season, and he's money from the foul line during crunch time. That was one of the major reasons why the staff brought him in....they were really impressed with his ability to handle pressure situations.

Handling a pressure situation is different from putting up major stats. There will be guys throughout the country this season who average 18+ PPG but who can't effectively handle pressure situations.

jpwils
10-13-2011, 08:11 AM
In a word-for defense- Mike Hart.....especially on the shooters like Dellie @ SMC.

Landry may prove to be valuable there as well due to length.

On offense-depends on matchups but I favor Dower and Sacre or Harris-depending on who is guarding them and how many points we need- high percentage shots/free throws!

We will see who emerges along with Carter from guards/wings.

Stockton had some ice in his veins last year at crunch time as well.

kitzbuel
10-13-2011, 08:18 AM
Starting is one thing. Who will finish the game. Who is going to take the big shot or play the end of game defense to win a 2 point game?

Offense:
Stockton
Bell
Carter (Maybe MM if we need another 3pt shooter)
Dower
Sacre

Defense:
Carter/Bell
Keita
Landry
Dower
Sacre

My contribution.

Offense:
Stockton/Pangos
Carter/Bell
Harris
Dower/Olynyk (especially if we need a 3pt shooter)
Sacre

Defense:
Carter
Bell/Keita
Landry
Dower
Sacre

MDABE80
10-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Not bad Kitz...one thing though, if rebounding and body to body coverage is needed on defense, I might consider Spangler in for Sam.

Zagcity
10-14-2011, 06:14 AM
Carter is going to take the big shot and Spangler is going to play the end of game on defense to win a 2 point game.

Offense:
Bell
Carter
Harris
Dower
Sacre

Defense:
Keita
Bell
Landry
Spangler
Sacre

CarolinaZagFan
10-14-2011, 06:44 AM
This is an easy question. All of the walk-ons will be in at the end of every game when we're up by 40.

Baldwinzag
10-14-2011, 07:36 AM
On offense I'm putting in the best shooters in the back & rebounders up front: Pangos, Bell, Hoff, Spangler, Sacre. Carter is a very good shooter, but notice he needs quite a bit of space to hit his 3's due to his slow, shoulder-cocked release. I'd go with the above.

On defense I'm putting in the best effort(Hart), length(Keita), and athleticism(Landry-Edi). Translates to Bell Jr at the point of attack, Keita on their best shooter, Hart taking a charge or covering anyone, anywhere, Landry muscling his way underneath, and Sacre manning the middle. If we're playing a big team, substitute Dower for Landry.