PDA

View Full Version : Bleacher Report: Final 4 for Zags?

Coptrdr
10-11-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm not dreaming here, I just want the WCC title. Anything after that is a good time but it was fun to read this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/889953-gonzaga-bulldogs-4-reasons-they-will-make-the-2012-final-four#

I also think that if there ever was a time...... health, hard work and God can get us there...but I'll let you choose the order!

MDABE80
10-12-2011, 02:10 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/889953-gonzaga-bulldogs-4-reasons-they-will-make-the-2012-final-four

I hope....:000tens:

bostonzagfan
10-12-2011, 09:59 AM
First time poster, long-time "guest". Just wanted to let everyone know the Zags have been getting some love (including from me, no deception here) on the bleacher report.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/882993-nba-legends-son-is-the-key-to-a-final-four-season-for-the-gonzaga-bulldogs?search_query=gonzaga

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/889953-gonzaga-bulldogs-4-reasons-they-will-make-the-2012-final-four

I apologize in advance if this is seen as "spam" or advertising. Just excited about the 2011-2012 season; I guess you could call me the kool-aid man.

Ezag
10-12-2011, 10:39 AM
It's a final four for us now 6 years running....so far the predictions have been accurate to say the least...wait, maybe not!

MDABE80
10-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Welcome to the Board Boston!

JohnOGU
10-12-2011, 12:47 PM
I could see it happening... IMO, best team since '09.

Also...Not trying to bag on the kid, but if Stockton is a key to us making it that far, we're simply not going to make it that far. Period.

bostonzagfan
10-12-2011, 12:50 PM
stockton article wasn't by me, though I did like it. I still think Carter/Bell/Landry will be the starters when tourney time rolls around.

BULLDOG#1
10-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Pangos will be the starter and carry most of the minutes at PG. If he doesn't work out, it will be a combination of Carter/Bell who start and carry the minutes at PG.

Stocks cannot carry this team. It's a great story and he should be a valuable contributor, but I agree with JohnOGU - if stockton is our starting PG for the majority of the season, we won't go far.

I've posted it before, and stockton lovers think I'm crazy, but that's how I see it.

northsidezagfan
10-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Pangos will be the starter and carry most of the minutes at PG. If he doesn't work out, it will be a combination of Carter/Bell who start and carry the minutes at PG.

Stocks cannot carry this team. It's a great story and he should be a valuable contributor, but I agree with JohnOGU - if stockton is our starting PG for the majority of the season, we won't go far.

I've posted it before, and stockton lovers think I'm crazy, but that's how I see it.

+1

zagzilla
10-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the pub BZF! Always good to see stories about the Zags. One of these years we are going to make somebody look like a genius for picking the Zags as a FF team. Hope its you this year!

Go Zags,

ZZ

maynard g krebs
10-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Pangos will be a similar college player to Luke Ridnour and DD before he's done- just a matter of when. My guess is by his soph year, but I really hope to see him as the primary pg by the 2nd half of this year.

Pangos/Bell will be a top-10 backcourt pair as sophs and top-5 as jrs imo, if given ample minutes to work together and develop chemistry now.

As to the issue of Bell wanting to play pg, I can see them working together as old fashioned combo guards, like Ainge/Dennis Johnson or Frazier/Monroe, for oldtimers. Bell would get plenty of opportunities to slash from the wing, and Pangos can come off screens to catch and shoot when Bell is breaking down the defense.

OZZY
10-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Pangos will be a similar college player to Luke Ridnour and DD before he's done- just a matter of when. My guess is by his soph year, but I really hope to see him as the primary pg by the 2nd half of this year.

Pangos/Bell will be a top-10 backcourt pair as sophs and top-5 as jrs imo, if given ample minutes to work together and develop chemistry now.

As to the issue of Bell wanting to play pg, I can see them working together as old fashioned combo guards, like Ainge/Dennis Johnson or Frazier/Monroe, for oldtimers. Bell would get plenty of opportunities to slash from the wing, and Pangos can come off screens to catch and shoot when Bell is breaking down the defense.

I believe (and have said before) that both this backcourt pairing will be legendary by the time they leave for greener passengers...

I don't see any jealousy issues between them as they seem to get along very well from their tweets. With Kevin's ability to shoot at least on par with GBJ, teams will not be able to cheat on either one, when they are out there. I would love to see this team pass the ball around better, with these two, and KO on the court you have three unselfish players who can all pass well and hit the three, could spell problems for opponents trying to double down low.

cjm720
10-12-2011, 04:42 PM
It's almost like some posters never saw Stockton play last year, and he's only going to improve. Yea we are a loaded team and if we are fortunate to go on a run, it won't be because of him necessarily but I can guarantee it won be despite him. He's a winner and will continue to prove his doubters (I was one last year).

Birddog
10-13-2011, 03:11 AM
They get quoted and linked on here all the time, but does anybody really take anything the "Bleacher Report" prints seriously?

gu03alum
10-13-2011, 03:17 AM
They get quoted and linked on here all the time, but does anybody really take anything the "Bleacher Report" prints seriously?

No offense to the original poster, but the Bleacher Report lacks all credibility. I would prefer if they were moved out of the MBB (but not into the FOO).

kitzbuel
10-13-2011, 04:44 AM

Hmmm.