PDA

View Full Version : What if no NBA for Zags?

Zag 77
10-12-2011, 08:26 AM
NBA shutdown may last for awhile. There is no guarantee it may be settled in the 2011-12 time frame, especially if NBA players can go to Europe and get paid.

Worst case scnario, if the NBA is not up and running by the end of the season, what happens with Elias Harris? Would he stay for senior year? What would Sacre's options be? Should he go play in Europe and take his chances?

coolhandzag
10-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Every Zag should be focused on opening practice strong first and foremost, then nailing up physically and emotionally for this season, specifically the initial game.

The first step, if any at all, to the NBA, for anyone on this team will be to have a strong season this year.

The rest will shake loose one way or another.

HOOTER
10-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Every Zag should be focused on opening practice strong first and foremost, then nailing up physically and emotionally for this season, specifically the initial game.

I agree. I think it's a bit of a stretch to connect the NBA shutdown with the Zags in any way at this point. I just want the season to start so we can quit making up things to talk about.

CDC84
10-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Even if Harris significantly improves this season, I would be highly surprised if he isn't a 4 year player at GU. He has a long ways to go if he ever hopes to play in the NBA. He has too much work to do.

I used to think that anyone would draft a guy like Rob based on his size alone. Not anymore. The game has changed too much. He really, really needs to show significant improvement as a rebounder at both ends.

Both guys will make money playing the game....somewhere. I hope it ends up being the NBA one day. But as people in this thread are pointing out, the priority right now is the 2011/12 season at Gonzaga. That's the only thing those 2 guys really have control over at this point.

zag944
10-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Its going to take a hell of a lot of work and improvment for either guy to get drafted.

I would hope that even if all other operations are shut down still the draft could still happen (like the NFL's did while locked out).

zag944
10-12-2011, 10:17 AM
The Zag whose chances this probably hurts the most is Pargo. I dont have any specific links or anything, but I feel like I read quite a few articles that said he was likely to make a team following the buzz around his play overseas last year.

gamagin
10-12-2011, 10:42 AM
The Zag whose chances this probably hurts the most is Pargo. I dont have any specific links or anything, but I feel like I read quite a few articles that said he was likely to make a team following the buzz around his play overseas last year.

It's a shame, too, that JP's timing, so far, has been bad, and, I would guess, costly.

It also makes me wonder why he, through his manager, didn't handle the transition between the bigs and the Israeli team better.

Yet that appears to be the case and JP seems stuck twixt and tween as a result.

hondo
10-12-2011, 10:45 AM
All of this is just another reason why it's never a bad idea to open a book or 2 while in college.

TexasZagFan
10-12-2011, 01:03 PM
All of this is just another reason why it's never a bad idea to open a book or 2 while in college.

Aw crap...now you tell me!!! :argh: