PDA

View Full Version : ESPN.com - Backhanded "slam" backfires - Zags get good pub

GoZags
10-11-2011, 02:17 PM
I'll attach the link and the salient part of the Q and A -- the Question slamming non - BCS schools -- the answer giving the Zags their due. The link will have additional info from this National writer (which gives another in-State school some positive pub as well).
----------------------
Adam in San Francisco writes: Who emerges as the dominant program on the West Coast? There appears to be a return of the traditional powers. I'm not talking feel goods like St. Mary's and San Diego State and Gonzaga. Who is it going to be -- outside of AZ and UCLA? Is UW able to jump that hurdle and be good on the court as they are on paper?

Brennan: You shouldn't be so quick to dismiss Saint Mary's, SDSU and Gonzaga as "feel goods." I can only assume you're doing that because they aren't power-six major programs, but as we've seen in recent years, that doesn't matter. San Diego State was a buzzsaw last season, SMC is growing and Gonzaga is one of the most consistent winners we have in all of college hoops. I'm not sure why they couldn't be the next "West Coast power," as it were. In lots of ways, for the past three or four years, they have been.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/36496/bag-rivalries-lockout-woes-fantasy-hoops

cjm720
10-11-2011, 02:42 PM
The question obviously came from a Husky!

Good find.

MDABE80
10-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Looks like Adam didn't notice UW been creamed by the Zags year in and out until....well....you know.

Good post and good find GZ. GU will continue to be a West Coast Power....except these next few years we will ascend. Pinch yourselves...it's really happening.

HOOTER
10-11-2011, 04:43 PM
The question obviously came from a Husky!

Exactly. This ###### was hoping to badmouth the Zags and make the fuskies look good at the same time. His evil plan was foiled apparently.

zagzilla
10-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Nice food fight and hair pulling contest between UW and AZ fans in the comments after the article about whose program is better. Stupid Husky fans think they're all that-they're wrong. AZ's tradition is second only to UCLA in the west.

Husky Hoops fans remind me of Dux football fans-Nouveaux riche and no class.

ZZ

NotoriousZ
10-11-2011, 07:58 PM
"Is UW able to jump that hurdle and be good on the court as they are on paper?"

Yes, they can be that good if that paper is the same stuff I wipe my a$$ with.

Thanks, I'll be here all week.

sittingon50
10-11-2011, 08:21 PM
I was reading those comments earlier today, zilla. They hijacked that whole thread in a hurry, didn't they?

zagzilla
10-11-2011, 08:25 PM
At least AZ has the guts to play the Zags. Big game at the BIS, we need to win that one. 'Cats are gonna be tough and win there might be worth an entire seed line in the bracket

ZZ

CDC84
10-11-2011, 10:26 PM
A program that has won 11 consecutive regular season conference titles is not a "feel good story." Only one program in the history of college hoops has won more: the 1967-79 UCLA teams under Wooden.

OregonZag5
10-12-2011, 02:30 PM
That kind of hurt Zagzilla bring a Duck Fan - but then I have heard worse and been called worse by Husky fans considering Iam Duck born and Zag educated. Will see how I am treated at Husky stadium this November-as I sit in the Husky covered section.