PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks Regular Season

gu03alum
09-12-2011, 06:34 AM
Suck for Luck has begun. Yesterday's game was hard to watch. After how good the Special Teams were last year I was surprised at how bad they were yesterday. I have seen it mentioned that losing Mare might have been a bigger loss than I thought.

cjm720
09-12-2011, 07:51 AM
I don't know where to start...it's going to be a very long season.

Our D line was the only facet that played well.

gu03alum
09-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Based on week 1 games, the early schedule is not as scary as it looked originally. Steelers, Falcons, and Giants all lost games they should have won. The Cardinals gave up 400 yards passing to Cam Newton.

There is a glimmer of hope.

LongIslandZagFan
09-13-2011, 10:59 AM
TJack ain't the answer. Think the whole offensive backfield needs to be revamped.

cjm720
09-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Tjack looked worse than he's been given credit. Sure the whole o-line looked bad, but he constantly threw off his heel. Our special teams lost the game for us. Ugly all over the board.

LongIslandZagFan
09-13-2011, 12:40 PM
I had already written the season off before it started. I liked some of the off season moves... But the rebuilding is going to take some time.

webspinnre
09-14-2011, 07:23 AM
But the rebuilding is going to take some time.

Especially with no QB, and a young OL that had no minicamps or OTAs to come together.

Eroop22
09-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Jackson sucks. He needs to get the ball out of his hands you cant hold the ball on a three step drop. D-Line was impressive also thought our safeties had a good game. Thomas is a lot faster than I thought he was. I actually think he would of caught Ginn if the stupid kicker wouldn't have got in his way.

Zag79
09-14-2011, 10:08 PM
i know he isnt doing anything to win us over, but what did he really do that was that bad? he only had one INT, and it was a meaningless heave at the half. he fumbled? sure, after getting creamed from the blind side which shows how important your LT is. he put up 17 points in a half, and this is after getting battered around for the first two quarters. a poor offensive line, no running game (due to the o line again), he has been with the team for a month in a shortened preseason and still has alot to learn if you ask me. even on his three step drops he barely has time to look up field, that makes it pretty tough to zip the ball out comfortabley. but 21 for 37, 197 yards and 2 td's to no picks (again his one pick was a halftime heave on the final play) is pretty damn good for the first real game with a team. it looked like they opened the play book up a little more in the second half, so that could have an affect on things as well. i dont know if hes the long term answer, but ill give a guy more time to prove his worth than what hes had so far.

Eroop22
09-19-2011, 11:59 AM
The Hawks O-line is terrible but once again Jackson isn't doing them any favors he holds on to the ball way to long. In short all the blame shouldn't be placed on the O-line. I am not an expert but to me it looked like Browner was in press coverage all game long. If he cant get a jam in why not back him off the receiver a little. I swear to god I was almost wishing for Kelly Jennings to come back.

LongIslandZagFan
09-19-2011, 12:26 PM
One step closer to a high draft pick.

a13coach
09-19-2011, 12:50 PM
One step closer to a high draft pick.

You hoping to have good Luck?

cjm720
09-19-2011, 01:23 PM
I watched the Titans Ravens game over the 'Hawks...why bother LOL.

gu03alum
09-20-2011, 04:15 AM
I was trying to buy tickets to go watch the game, but my wife said we had Sunday plans. I'm glad she didn't let me go. I was pretty excited after the offseason, but I'm not sure I can watch another game. If they don't show up at home against the Cardinals next week it might be time for me to go back to college football.

Zag79
09-25-2011, 10:43 PM
big win today, the addition of sidney rice was obvious. the run game was much better, the line gave tjack more time than the previous two games, and our defense was outstanding. if we can get the other wr's and tjack on the same page, keep the o line healthy, i think we will end up winning our division again. im not into the suck for luck gig, too much stuff can happen to let being a loser on purpose interfere with trying to compete and win. by the way, im calling the upset over atlanta right now... :cheers: *fingers crossed*

gu03alum
09-26-2011, 03:32 AM
big win today, the addition of sidney rice was obvious. the run game was much better, the line gave tjack more time than the previous two games, and our defense was outstanding. if we can get the other wr's and tjack on the same page, keep the o line healthy, i think we will end up winning our division again. im not into the suck for luck gig, too much stuff can happen to let being a loser on purpose interfere with trying to compete and win. by the way, im calling the upset over atlanta right now... :cheers: *fingers crossed*

I totally agree. We're only 1 game out of first now and only 2 special teams blunders from having sole possession of first. If we can somehow split with Falcons and Giants I like the Hawks chances the rest of the season. I could easily see the Hawks winning 7 to 9 of the last 11.

gu03alum
09-26-2011, 03:57 AM
I hope this is on the bulletin board for the last game of the season when the Seahawks are playing for NFC West championship and the Cardinals are playing for the unfortunate situation of whether you draft Luck or stick with your $63 million quarterback.

Seahawks soft as cotten (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/46446/dockett-seahawks-soft-as-cotton-on-road)

"They were doing the traditional stuff they do here," Dockett said. "Then when they go to Arizona, they usually soft as cotton. Today, they wanted to play hard in front of they home crowd. We knew what to expect."

Eroop22
09-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Anyone else think the block by Chancellor was nothing more than a vicious textbook block. I don't see where there is a penalty there. Its not like he launched into Heap he just Ear-holed him. Which last time I checked was football. I can still remember my high school coach saying keep your head on a swivel. Which I promptly ignored until I was ear-holed on kick coverage.

Zag79
10-11-2011, 11:14 PM
all i can say is... what a win!!! i cant even recall the last time i was so thrilled after a 10 am game, pete is truly changing the culture as we know it. not only did we get a big win that could help in making a push for the nfc west title again, i think we got a glimpse at how close we really are to being a very good team. im going to enjoy this bye week thats for sure, then its time to get that other monkey off our back and win the game coming out of our bye. time to take care of the browns!

webspinnre
10-12-2011, 07:55 AM
The only bad news is all this winning is killing our chances of Luck. Nice problem to have.

zag944
10-12-2011, 08:22 AM
Seahawks werent expected to be good or anything, but it seems like people didnt realize just how awful a team has to be to get a first overall pick. Chances of a team that was 7-9 last year going 3-13 or 2-14 is small when the only real downgrade was at quarterback. Especially given the quality of the division, and the fact that they can at least compete with just about anyone at home.

LongIslandZagFan
10-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Still a ways to go to catch up with the Niners... Think winning the Division is kinda unrealistic. Some weeks they look plain awful, other weeks... You wonder what team you are watching cuz it wasn't the same Seahawk team from the week before.

I liked the moves made this year... D got upgraded and youth in one shot... O line is still brutal but has it's moments. In the end though, TJack needs to go IMHO... He is a slightly more mobile version of Chad Pennington. No real arm strength... At least with accuracy... And all passes are 20 yds or less. Doesn't drop back properly every snap like he should... I'd take a rookie with upside over another season with him behind center.

LongIslandZagFan
10-12-2011, 11:41 AM
@CLE - W
CIN -W
@DAL -L
BAL -L
@STL -W
WAS -L
PHI - L
STL -W
@CHI -L
SF -L
@ARI -L

I'm going with 6-10

gu03alum
10-12-2011, 12:51 PM
I think they can beat one of Dallas/Philly/Washington. I think we beat the 49ers at home and the Cards on the road. That leaves us with 9 wins. Dallas and Philly make a lot of bonehead mistakes. Washington's strength is defense and running the ball. I could see that one being a 9 to 6 game. We were two bonehead plays on special teams from beating the niners on the road. The Cards suck and so does Kolb. I didn't want Kolb and I'm glad we didn't get him.

sittingon50
10-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Pete Carroll needs to give Lebron a call.

;)

zag944
10-13-2011, 07:11 AM
Pete Carroll needs to give Lebron a call.

;)

unfortunately, football has 4th quarters as well.

cjm720
10-13-2011, 07:30 AM
5-11...we'll lose a few close ones.

gu03alum
10-13-2011, 10:25 AM
unfortunately, football has 4th quarters as well.

:roll:

gu03alum
10-26-2011, 03:25 AM
Wow, I really thought the Hawks would have won the Browns game. As weird as it sounds, I think they probably would have won had Tavaris started. I think it's time for the team to start tanking. I hope that 2 wins isn't too much to get Luck. The injuries to Trufant and Thurmon are also killer for this team. The pass defense was already kind of bad, I'm not sure they'll be able to stop anyone through the air now.

Suck for Luck

cjm720
10-26-2011, 07:40 AM
Suck for Luck is the stupidest idea imaginable. It's a disgusting idea.

Players and coaches haven't gotten where they are by quitting or selling out.

LongIslandZagFan
10-26-2011, 07:57 AM
TO? Wait he said playoff contender. Never mind.

gu03alum
10-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Suck for Luck is the stupidest idea imaginable. It's a disgusting idea.

Players and coaches haven't gotten where they are by quitting or selling out.

I completely agree, but as a fan it's my only hope. The worst thing that could happen is this team goes 7-9, misses the playoffs and missess out on one of the top quarterbacks.

gu03alum
10-27-2011, 12:09 PM
I found this blog post from Fieldgulls.com (http://www.fieldgulls.com/2011/10/27/2517237/the-seattle-defense-and-the-ideal-matchup#storyjump) to be very interesting about the Seahawks defense. It basically talks about how the Seahawks defense is built to beat the teams in our division. Our defense dares quarterbacks to beat us and that works in our division, but if we face a good or elite quarterback we are in for a long day. I think that this would be kind of obvious to anyone who has watched this team, but I've never really thought about it so I found it interesting anyway.

cjm720
10-28-2011, 01:34 PM
I completely agree, but as a fan it's my only hope. The worst thing that could happen is this team goes 7-9, misses the playoffs and missess out on one of the top quarterbacks.

How about Barkley? You think Carroll would take him if available...we'll prob be a top ten pick.

gu03alum
10-30-2011, 02:55 PM
How about Barkley? You think Carroll would take him if available...we'll prob be a top ten pick.

I haven't seen him play at all. We don't get many west coast college games on the East coast. I have read mixed reviews on him. I think the Seahawks have to take a QB this year. In hindsight, it looks like they made a mistake not taking Dalton in the first round.

webspinnre
10-30-2011, 05:31 PM
Landry Jones is another option who is viewed as an NFL prospect, as is Robert Griffin. Obviously its early, but there should be a couple of options.

LongIslandZagFan
10-31-2011, 10:52 AM
Landry has looked good in the games I have seen. He isn't Luck, i.e. good right for the get go, but could mature into a solid starter. They shoud be looking to trade up for a better shot at a QB.

cjm720
10-31-2011, 11:58 AM
I haven't seen him play at all. We don't get many west coast college games on the East coast. I have read mixed reviews on him. I think the Seahawks have to take a QB this year. In hindsight, it looks like they made a mistake not taking Dalton in the first round.

Agreed...it really sucked losing to him yesterday. (AJ green is a stellar rookie too).

gu03alum
11-15-2011, 04:36 AM
What a rollercoaster this season has been. I have hope again that this team can make a run. Looking at the rest of the year's schedule the only team that scares me is the Bears right now. I just don't have a lot of respect for the 49ers even though they have earned it. I think it is still possible for this team to go 8-8 or 9-7. Let's see what they do against the Rams and the Redskins the next two weeks. They can win those games and be 5-6 going into the Eagles games. The Eagles are a mess right now. The Seahawks play them at home and then play the Rams again at home. They could be 7-6 going into the Bears game. I'm really excited again and will probably be crushed again in a week and trying to think of ways we can trade 6 first round picks to Indy for Luck.

gu03alum
11-21-2011, 06:30 AM
Another day another Seahawk win. I can't help, but think about the Browns loss now. If only TJack had been healthy. With the Bears losing Cutler for the rest of the regular season it seems the door would be wide open for that last playoff spot. It sure would be nice to be 5-5 right now instead of 4-6. I think it's still possible especially given the schedule. With Cutler out and not playing the Niners until week 15 (probably resting starters then) I don't see any reason why the Seahawks can't win out or at least go 5-1 down the stretch.

cjm720
11-21-2011, 07:30 AM
With Cutler out and not playing the Niners until week 15 (probably resting starters then) I don't see any reason why the Seahawks can't win out or at least go 5-1 down the stretch.

Well, it is the Seahawks :)

LongIslandZagFan
11-21-2011, 07:39 AM
From what I watched via RedZone... TJack must get replaced after this season. Think of where this team would be with a real QB.

cjm720
11-21-2011, 08:28 AM
From what I watched via RedZone... TJack must get replaced after this season. Think of where this team would be with a real QB.

He's had some ups and downs, but losing his entire right side of the line heading into this week certainly doesn't help.

He's a flat out all-pro compared to Whitehurts.

LongIslandZagFan
11-21-2011, 08:34 AM
He's had some ups and downs, but losing his entire right side of the line heading into this week certainly doesn't help.

He's a flat out all-pro compared to Whitehurts.

Even with the line he was dicey at best.. But CW is a worse option.

LongIslandZagFan
11-28-2011, 08:35 AM
TJack can't commit to throwing the damn ball half the time. Sorry, I know..

:horse:

gu03alum
11-28-2011, 08:50 AM
TJack can't commit to throwing the damn ball half the time. Sorry, I know..

:horse:

Yeah, well, ####.....

I was so excited for a late season push too. Oh well, at least this makes it a little more clear how important drafting a quarterback is this year.

gu03alum
12-02-2011, 06:31 AM
Great win last night. The Beast Mode is running wild. I hope he resigns this offseason.

I watched the game last night at a bar with a bunch of haters and it was great to shut them up for one night.

cjm720
12-02-2011, 06:34 AM
Beast! What a game. Great defense. Sucks another OL went down (Okung)!

D. Jackson should get blackballed from the league: loser.

LongIslandZagFan
12-02-2011, 07:09 AM
Another step in this bipolar season. Before we start patting them on the back... Remember they lost to a horrible Redskns team last week.

That said... I like the progress the team is making... Carry it over to next season with a better QB... Then the future would seem brighter. Consistency has been a major downfall along with health.

Now they need to NOT go and do something stupid like last year and make the playoffs and get a horrible draft pick position.

cjm720
12-02-2011, 07:25 AM
Now they need to NOT go and do something stupid like last year and make the playoffs and get a horrible draft pick position.

This is just silly...

gu03alum
12-02-2011, 11:02 AM
There's no guarantee that they are out. The Bears are without Cutler, the Lions are without Suh, and imo the Giants suck. With another injury to the line though I think the Seahawks are hurting pretty bad too.

LongIslandZagFan
12-02-2011, 12:47 PM
This is just silly...

I've been a Seahawk fan for 30 years... I came into the season expecting very little, but growth with what I see as a younger team. Last year making the playoffs kept them from better talent IMHO. I want the team to be better... But this year was a lost cause from the beginning but steps were made to head in the right direction. Making the playoffs automatically drops them into the bottom 1/3rd of the draft... That slows the improvement process.

gu03alum
12-12-2011, 07:57 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/823547/beast.gif

gu03alum
12-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Skittles!

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/823619/skittles2_medium.gif

LongIslandZagFan
12-13-2011, 08:57 AM
OLine is much improved.... Defense much improved. Higher draft pick would be nice... But perhaps wheeling and dealing can move them up draft-wise. Still like to see more defensive depth, especially in the secondary. A real QB would be nice... But heck, if you get a good enough OLine, even TJack can be made to look good.

Zag79
12-19-2011, 12:26 AM
Seaaaaaaaa-haaaaaaaawks!!! Great team win, all three phases of the game were dominated by the good guys.

webspinnre
12-19-2011, 08:02 AM
Unfortunately Oakland couldn't do its job and hold on to beat Detroit. We're going to need some help.

Eroop22
12-19-2011, 08:03 AM
It was a fun game to watch. You have to love it when the fat guy scores a touchdown. I am glad the Hawks are in the playoff hunt no matter how far fetched it is. Green Bay losing this weekend makes it even more unlikely. They will probably rest there starters week 17 against the lions who we need to lose.

zag944
12-19-2011, 08:40 AM
Really nice to watch this team learning how to win together. Regardless of whether they make the playoffs, its hard not to be optimistic for the future when a team that is this young and this injured is .500

With everyone having a bit more experience, I think we will be much less penalized next year, and the young guys are generally going to get better. Hopefully we can draft Landry Jones or somebody to have the qb of the future learning the system next year (I assume Barkley or Luck is out of the question unless one of them really plunges before the draft Rodgers/Quinn style).

gu03alum
12-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Really nice to watch this team learning how to win together. Regardless of whether they make the playoffs, its hard not to be optimistic for the future when a team that is this young and this injured is .500

With everyone having a bit more experience, I think we will be much less penalized next year, and the young guys are generally going to get better. Hopefully we can draft Landry Jones or somebody to have the qb of the future learning the system next year (I assume Barkley or Luck is out of the question unless one of them really plunges before the draft Rodgers/Quinn style).

Minnesota should have the 2nd or 3rd pick with St Louis having the other pick. Both of those teams will probably not be interested in a QB so the Seahawks could trade up with Minnesota to get one of the top guys. I don't think the Rams will trade with the Hawks, but you never know.

LongIslandZagFan
12-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Ok... Cjm... I'm on board now.... Can't improve or hurt draft pick much at this point... Let's win out and make a deep run.

webspinnre
12-22-2011, 07:53 AM
One early mock draft (http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/lists/msn-cfb-schrager-pre-cfb-bowl-NFL-mock-draft-121911#photo-title=No.%2013:%20Landry%20Jones%20to%20Seattle%20 Seahawks&photo=30467696) based on current standings has us with Landry Jones. I'd be good with that.

LongIslandZagFan
12-22-2011, 09:27 AM
One early mock draft (http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/lists/msn-cfb-schrager-pre-cfb-bowl-NFL-mock-draft-121911#photo-title=No.%2013:%20Landry%20Jones%20to%20Seattle%20 Seahawks&photo=30467696) based on current standings has us with Landry Jones. I'd be good with that.

Like what I have seen of jones... Hope we get him.

kitzbuel
12-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Minnesota should have the 2nd or 3rd pick with St Louis having the other pick. Both of those teams will probably not be interested in a QB so the Seahawks could trade up with Minnesota to get one of the top guys. I don't think the Rams will trade with the Hawks, but you never know.

Where's Hershel Walker when ya need him?

I would not count Minnesota out of the QB market, though.

zag944
12-22-2011, 10:17 AM
St. Louis is likely to clean house then all bets are off as to what they might do.

Bradford has one of the biggest contracts in the leauge. I wouldnt be remotely suprised if he is on the trading block, and if they are willing to really take the bad end of a lopsided trade to get rid of him and take Luck or Barkley at a much smaller price tag.

kitzbuel
12-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Like what I have seen of jones... Hope we get him.

Have to see if he can read NFL defenses and effectively check down. With Barkley out he might not be an option now any way.

LongIslandZagFan
12-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Have to see if he can read NFL defenses and effectively check down. With Barkley out he might not be an option now any way.

They'd likely have to trade up to get him. Wasn't happy when I got home from work and saw that on Sportscenter. Jones has a strong and accurate arm... that can take you a long way. TJack's accuracy wanes the farther he throws.