PDA

View Full Version : OT: Hargrove Resigns

wazZag
07-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Strange, strange, strange. Amidst a 7 game win-streak on a team performing unexpectedly well...
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6979424?MSNHPHMA

Qhall43
07-01-2007, 11:56 AM
It's a glorious day to be an M's fan. Now if Bavasi would just follow his lead...

sittingon50
07-01-2007, 12:49 PM
I've never cared for Hargrove the Manager, but on a personal level I feel for him.

I'm with Q; IMO Bavasi is clueless. There seems to be so many direction changes the last few years, like a dog chasing its tail.

sanfranzagsguy20
07-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Hargrove's reasons annoy me...im not a mariners fan by any stretch but after listening to his reasons for leaving the team im not convinced that there wasnt anything personal involved in this...he's lost his passion to go to work everyday? who hasn't? there is more to this that we probably will never know

again not an m's fan but a huge baseball fan (giants all day every day just came from the game today) and i find this situation intriguing especially with seattle's recent success and the fact they are definately still in it...weird

kitzbuel
07-05-2007, 11:08 AM
I agree, the timing is very odd. The team is just surging and starting to really come together. They are in the middle of the mix for the AL West and Wild Card. All the things to fire you up were there. Hard to understand a professional stepping out at this point in time because he didn't have the desire any more. Getting spanked by the Royals ( :vomit-smiley-007: ) doesn't bode well. Hopefully last night's win will motivate them.