PDA

View Full Version : SEC football gets a message from the West.

HillBillyZag
09-04-2011, 06:33 AM
LSU manages to handle the Ducks, but the defending BCS champs Auburn have to fight for their lives to edge out the Utah State Aggies at home, BYU handles the "Ole Miss Rebels, down in Oxford and Boise State blasts the Georga bulldogs in neutral?, Atlanta ? I'd have to say that collegiate football in the West is still " alive & kicking!".

MedZag
09-04-2011, 08:23 AM
LSU's athletes were impressive (first time I've ever seen LaMicheal James run down from behind by a defensive end) but there didn't seem to be as much of a talent gap between the two teams as UO/Auburn. Ducks inexperience just killed them in too many key moments. Too many drive-killing penalties on offense, too many missed assignments on D on 3rd and long, too many dropped pitch shot passes, that gimmie fumble for 6 by Barner on the kickoff return, and those back to back fumbles by DeAnthony Thomas really put the game out of reach.

Birddog
09-04-2011, 09:12 AM
I'd have to say that collegiate football in the West is still " alive & kicking!".

How does that work for the Huskies escaping the Eagles by "3"?

mtzaga
09-04-2011, 09:39 AM
How does that work for the Huskies escaping the Eagles by "3"?

Sac State 29 Oregon State 28

Hornets go for two in OT.

HillBillyZag
09-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Hey, you think I was'nt rooting for the Eagles?, on the other hand, thats a biack yard spat between neighbors, while I'd even root for the Fuskies against the ACC, SEC, or "Big East"!

asoc
09-05-2011, 04:29 PM
EWU were National Champions... not like they are just some random lower division team.