Yes he is.

zagfan08
06-30-2007, 09:30 AM
as he should be.

I'd be surprised if we got him, though.

MickMick
06-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Azzagfan's observation from the Arizona Cactus Classic

Peyton Siva - Real deal, plays shooting guard for Seattle Rotary Select, but in both games I watched, he absolutely scorched the nets from all over the floor. He is fast and can really jump (he had a couple dunks and most impressive was the one he missed trying to dunk off two feet with his left hand on a 6'8" guy from Compton Magic). He totally outplayed GJ Vilarino from the Compton Magic who has already verbally committed to Kentucky. One down side was his defensive effort as he has the potential to be a good defensive player with his athletic ability. Glen Dean from Roosevelt runs the point and does a pretty good job, but Siva is the guy who makes Seattle Rotary Select tick. They won and will play in the next round tomorrow AM. He was wowing the folks I was sitting around.

RebornZag
06-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Great news. I've been waiting to see if we'd go after him. We've had our sights on the two Bellermine kids, but Siva has to be considered. '09 appears loaded at the point. That's great news, I think. After next year I think we will be able to attract the very best athletes in Washington. I definately believe we have more appeal than the UW. We will now have to contend with WSU though, and that will make it more difficult. Bennett is a heck of a coach. However, I think that the fact that WSU is so good now will only increase our ability to get great athletels. The rivalry between the two schools will return to what it once was, and should be.

BobZag
06-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Siva and Franklin HS were at GU for Team Camp. When I watched Siva didn't play, he seemed to taking a rest during a game against an over-matched Boise Braves squad. But Few and Rice were watching. Ditto for the Bellarmine duo. I think UW has the inside track right now but if Romar continues his NIT ways and Few can make a deep NCAA Tourney run, anything can happen. :)

MickMick
06-30-2007, 04:34 PM
I think UW has the inside track right now but if Romar continues his NIT ways

He had a NBA center and a squad loaded with 3-4 star recruits and he didn't make the NIT. Seattle will grow weary of such underachieving....sooner rather than later.

LynetteG
06-30-2007, 07:45 PM
Few can make a deep NCAA Tourney run, anything can happen. :)

we really NEED this

MDABE80
06-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Everyone who's seem him is sorta awestruck. Superior athlete and a very good shooter. Same thing can be said about the Bellarmine kids. COme 2009 we'll need a point guard.......no doubt. Someone really good will show up. I feel it in my bones. See what's happened over the years is GU is a highly desirable place. We just keep it up and continue NCAA runs ( not so good last year even though the kids made me SO proud with the adversity) , and keep up the TV appearances, we'll be fine. Ray and Few won't let the program falter.

My guess is that Siva, Gaddy, Gibbs or Avery will be on board as a running mate with Gray. Lot's of talent here these days and in the future.

Rubbadub
06-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Excellent news about Siva. :)

MickMick
07-01-2007, 12:00 AM
I have heard comparisons to the Oregon guard Tajuan Porter. A smallish, quick guy that can leap and score in bunches. In fact, I read comments that Siva would be a "great fit" at Oregon. For those who have seen Siva, please clue me in if the comparison is accurate.

Angelo Roncalli
07-01-2007, 05:35 AM
He's not the unconscious deep-range shooter that Porter is.

He's quicker, better at going to the basket.

gamagin
07-01-2007, 07:57 AM
at K2 and believe he'll stay on everyone's radar screen. The Bellermine duo, too. It's easy to see why they get the attention, too.

they have all the tools, moves and bkb smarts.

It's difficult to say at this point how they will match up throughout their high school careers, how they will do as students and perhaps even in other sports. That's up to them. But in any event they are blessed with tons of potential.

And as athletes, they looked like pros in training posing as high school students.

I was also impressed with Casto. He has the wingspan of a jumbo jet. He wasn't inclined to lift those wings too often, but they are still there. well rested.

Also, Casto seemed to be head and shoulders taller than anyone else.

then, when he did lift his arms a couple of times -- perhaps it was just a pre-flight test -- the rest of the players found themselves suddenly in the shade, perhaps preceeded by a gust of wind.

spudzag
07-01-2007, 04:35 PM
we really NEED this

Thanks Lynette, lest we forget the impact on all who are watching. While to board is forcused on PGs I'm sure the coaches are equally aware of the bigs! IMHO we really need a solid interior man in '09 to maintain the balance.

The good news is that the coaches have the tools this year to do what is need.

lothar98zag
07-02-2007, 12:07 PM
Some of what Scout has to say about Siva:

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/653758.html

2009 West Coast Rankings: Point Guards
By Greg Hicks
West Coast Recruiting Analyst
Posted Jun 22, 2007

We won't rank the 2009 West Coast class until after July, but we have a list of the top guys we've seen so far. Some of the elite players, as of now, are Elijah Johnson, Jared Cunningham and Peyton Siva, among others...

The 2009 class of point guards in the west has the potential to be an
excellent class. Several of the players on this list have a chance to
be among the top prospects in the country. There are also a number of players who may play two positions in college. Or, they may end up playing strictly shooting guard by the time they reach college. But
each of them, as of now, has a chance to play point guard in college.
The top three players, as of this writing, are Johnson, Cunningham and Siva. Johnson is an explosive athlete in the mold of a Baron Davis and he is one of those players who might spend time at both guard spots. He's able to get his shot pretty much whenver he wants, but he has shown good vision and passing ability as well. Cunningham is another player who might spend time at the two. He's got a very good frame, with long arms, and a very young face. He's grown in the last year and it's possible he'll get a little bigger. He has excellent instincts for the game and he reminds us a bit of Gabe Pruitt at the same age. Siva is another very explosive athlete, with excellent quickness and leaping ability. Siva's shot is very solid out to the stripe and he has a scorer's mentality. But at his size, he's almost certainly going to be a point guard exclusively. The other players in this top group are all very talented and it's quite possible that any one of them could make the jump up to the elite level on this list.

TOP POINT GUARDS:

Elijah Johnson, 6-1, Las Vegas (Nev.) Cheyenne
Jared Cunningham, 6-3, San Leandro (Calif.) High
Peyton Siva, 5-11, Seattle (Wash.) Franklin
Chase Tapley, 6-1, Sacramento (Calif.) High
Abdul Gaddy, 6-3, Tacoma (Wash.) Bellarmine Prep
Aalim Moor, 6-2, Berkeley (Calif.) St. Mary's
Stephon Lamar, 6-0, San Diego (Calif.) St. Augustine
Robert Smith, 5-10, Perris (Calif.) High

OTHER POINT GUARDS OF NOTE:
Dominick Lacoste, 6-0, Compton (Calif.) Dominguez
Deronn Scott, 6-0, Rancho Cucamonga (Calif.) Etiwanda
Andrew Bock, 5-11, Rialto (Calif.) Carter
Gene Saulsberry, 5-10, Ontario (Calif.) Colony
Austin Morgan, 5-10, Reno (Nev.) High
Justin Cobbs, 6-0, Torrance (Calif.) Bishop Montgomery
Jonathan Smith, 5-10, Long Beach (Calif.) Poly
Darius Morris, 6-0, Los Angeles (Calif.) Windward
Brandon Smith, 5-10, Concord (Calif.) De La Salle

LynetteG
07-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Thanks Lynette, lest we forget the impact on all who are watching. While to board is forcused on PGs I'm sure the coaches are equally aware of the bigs! IMHO we really need a solid interior man in '09 to maintain the balance.

The good news is that the coaches have the tools this year to do what is need.

Spud...sounds like you have someone in mind :) Btw, he just made LeBron James' 17U AAU team, King James Shooting Stars, and will be at the Nike Peach Jam and Vegas tournies with them. He's going to blow up this month!

spudzag
07-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Filling the PF spot with a big time recruit familiar with and to the staff alongside Brock complemented by a couple of rocket quick guards would be ideal from my perspective.:)

Snug
08-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Is the real deal. I watched him play last summer, and was in awe. He seems a little short and thin, but he's super quick, and has remarkable hops. He possesses great court awareness and seems unselfish. He can drive on anyone. Just a real pleasure to watch.

kjstoph1
08-12-2007, 08:15 AM
Siva and Franklin HS were at GU for Team Camp. When I watched Siva didn't play, he seemed to taking a rest during a game against an over-matched Boise Braves squad. But Few and Rice were watching. Ditto for the Bellarmine duo. I think UW has the inside track right now but if Romar continues his NIT ways and Few can make a deep NCAA Tourney run, anything can happen. :)

Didn't Shadle Park win the GU team camp fueled by WSU commit Anthony Brown?

And didn't Ferris dismantle Siva's Franklin team in the state finals behind the superb guard play of Stockton, Cheadle, and Jennings? (granted, Mr. Casto provided an immovable line of defense in the paint)

Point being - falling in love with the girl next door is easier than chasing after the hot chick from far away.

BobZag
08-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Didn't Shadle Park win the GU team camp fueled by WSU commit Anthony Brown?

And didn't Ferris dismantle Siva's Franklin team in the state finals behind the superb guard play of Stockton, Cheadle, and Jennings? (granted, Mr. Casto provided an immovable line of defense in the paint)

Point being - falling in love with the girl next door is easier than chasing after the hot chick from far away.

I don't know who won the GU Camp. It could've been Shadle or Ferris. I was disappointed Siva didn't play, I wanted to see him. I've seen Brown play a few times, it would've been interesting to watch him and compare, but my main focus was Zag recruits. (I like Don Cheadle the actor) :)

Oregon Zag
08-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks, BZ and Lothar for the information! Very interesting...

kjstoph1
08-12-2007, 06:40 PM
I don't know who won the GU Camp. It could've been Shadle or Ferris. I was disappointed Siva didn't play, I wanted to see him. I've seen Brown play a few times, it would've been interesting to watch him and compare, but my main focus was Zag recruits. (I like Don Cheadle the actor) :)

The question was rhetorical.

Shadle Park beat the BC All-Stars by about 28 to win the camp.

dim4sum
08-13-2007, 01:13 PM
I've seen Siva play three or four times. I'm thinking that by 2009 he will be about as big as Jason Terry and I think their games are similar, the main difference being that Terry was a late bloomer (didn't start until his senior year at UA). This won't be the case with Siva.