PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Seahawk QBs all-time

LongIslandZagFan
08-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Must be based soley on their performance as a Seahawk.

Mine:

Matt Hasselback
Dave Kreig
Warren Moon
Jim Zorn
Jon Kitna

cjm720
08-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Moon
Hasselback
Zorn
Krieg
Kitna

LongIslandZagFan
08-11-2011, 10:00 AM
Irony of the list is that there is a QB that started more games than Kitna and Moon combined who isn't even listed.

Angelo Roncalli
08-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Irony of the list is that there is a QB that started more games than Kitna and Moon combined who isn't even listed.

So bye bye to that Rick Mirer guy... (to the tune of American Pie)

Then there's Mark McGwire's little brother.

My favorite: Stan Gelbaugh.

xjzico
08-11-2011, 07:41 PM
So bye bye to that Rick Mirer guy... (to the tune of American Pie)

Then there's Mark McGwire's little brother.

My favorite: Stan Gelbaugh.

1992 was kind of a fun year for all the wrong reasons (Cortez got Def. Player of the Year!).

The regression at the quarterback position that year went Stouffer --> McGuire --> Gelbaugh

In 1993 they drafted Mirer. Tom Flores was a genius.

gu03alum
08-12-2011, 10:30 AM
1992 was kind of a fun year for all the wrong reasons (Cortez got Def. Player of the Year!).

The regression at the quarterback position that year went Stouffer --> McGuire --> Gelbaugh

In 1993 they drafted Mirer. Tom Flores was a genius.

Stouffer came to my church when I was about 12 and threw the football with all of the kids. I remember I was surprised he had worn a pink shirt because I had never seen a man wear a pink shirt before. I got his autograph on a paper plate and I was pretty proud of it for a long time even though he was pretty terrible.

Hasselbeck is head and shoulders the best QB Seattle has had in my opinion. Even though I didn't see a lot of Krieg as he was behind my time I would probably rank him next because he led the team to the AFC Championship (I think it was him and not Zorn). Zorn would probably have to be on my list somewhere though I have no memory of him and don't know a whole lot about him other than he threw a lot of passes to Largent. Moon was good, but didn't last long here. I liked Dilfer too though he didn't last long either. TJack might be able to jump into the top 5 just based on the lack of the Seahawks having many good players at this position.

lothar98zag
08-12-2011, 12:13 PM

Mine:

Matt Hasselback
Dave Kreig
Warren Moon
Jim Zorn
Jon Kitna

I might not have the same order, but those top 4 are easy to pick.

I don't know if I'd even fill in the 5th line. (which says a lot about a 35ish year old francise)

LongIslandZagFan
08-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Dave Kreig used to cause me fits... when he was on... he was Manning-esque but when he wasn't he was horrible. Problem was you never knew what you were getting week to week, sometimes quarter to quarter. I guess he was #2 for me because he was THE quarterback when I first started being a Seahawk fan. Considering the age of the club, there haven't really been that many starting QBs.

LongIslandZagFan
08-12-2011, 08:09 PM
I might not have the same order, but those top 4 are easy to pick.

I don't know if I'd even fill in the 5th line. (which says a lot about a 35ish year old francise)

Kitna I think deserves that 5th line. The guy was/still is living a dream. He was set to become a teacher. He had given up on football altogether. The fact that he stepped in how he did and did what needed to be done to me puts him in above the Mirer/Stoufer/Dilfer crowd... but yeah... the 5th line is a tough one.

kitzbuel
08-13-2011, 07:39 AM
Dave Kreig used to cause me fits... when he was on... he was Manning-esque but when he wasn't he was horrible. Problem was you never knew what you were getting week to week, sometimes quarter to quarter. I guess he was #2 for me because he was THE quarterback when I first started being a Seahawk fan. Considering the age of the club, there haven't really been that many starting QBs.
Kreig spent a lot of time being off, but was bailed out in an impressive way by a certain Steve Largent. Largent made him look better than he was.

Zag79
08-25-2011, 10:39 PM

Mine:

Matt Hasselback
Dave Kreig
Warren Moon
Jim Zorn
Jon Kitna

this! heres to hoping TJack can get comfortable with the offense, the line will do a much better job blocking, and we can win another NFC West title!

Eroop22
08-26-2011, 09:31 AM
My list:

Matt Hasselback
Dave Kreig
Jim Zorn
Warren Moon
Jon Kitna

Jim Zorn beats out Warren Moon because Moon had one 3,000 yard season with the hawks and Zorn had three 3,000 yard season for the Hawks. Moon shouldn't move up the list just because he is in HOF. He only had one good year in seattle. I would actually like to put TBD for the 4th and 5th spots.

xjzico
08-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Let us not forget Glenn Foley, who I believe is undefeated as a Seahawk QB.;)