PDA

View Full Version : A game a year in the Spokane Arena

BobZag
06-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Some of you may have read the article in the S-R today about the Ronald McDonald House Charities Classic to be held every year in the Arena, with last year's Memphis game being the first. It will be an annual thing now. And Spokane Arena will also go after hosting the McDonald's A-A game as well.

Georgia will be the next foe. The game is set for January 5.

I'm sure someone can find the link.

CDC84
06-29-2007, 02:48 PM
It looks as though the WCC season is going to be starting later than it has in quite some time....January 12. That UGA game is not happening the Saturday before a Monday night Portland game because the Gonzaga/Memphis game takes place in mid-January during a Portland week.

RebornZag
06-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Right on!!! Awesome news. We now have Tennessee in Seattle and Georgia in the Arena. I love the SEC, and I'm glad we're playing these teams. I love their style of play, and the athletes who play in that league. I was hoping for Florida in the BIS, but this is almost as good. I hope the game is as exciting as the Memphis game last year. That was probably my greatest basketball experience ever, and that includes the Sonics in Key Arena the year they won the NBA championship. I just wish we had won that Memphis game. It wasn't our year. I hope next year is!!! If we are good next year, we should beat Tenn in the BIS. It's going to be a great test. Our schedule is looking awesome once again for next year. 12 kudos to the coaching staff.

roxdoc
06-29-2007, 03:54 PM
Reborn- I was at the Memphis game too and it was really incredible. The fans and noise level were out of this world. It shows Spokane will really turn out and support the Zags the way they are supported at the Kennel. There is such a pent up demand to see the Zags that if you get a reasonably good opponent you can have an atmosphere very similar to K2 only with about twice the people. The trick is that you must have a team similar in stature to BIS opponents. EWU, Idaho, etc. just don't give the same results as we have seen in the past. Spokane is crazy for the Zags and it is good PR to try at least once a year to get a "good" game in the Arena for the fans who are shut out of the Kennel. Of course for some of us getting to see GU vs any opponent is a good game :D

RebornZag
06-29-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm in the "Playing great opponents in the Arena" fan club. As well as playing great teams in the BIS fan club. Those are the games I attend. Next year will sure be great won't it: Tennessee and Georgia. I hope we pack the arena because we truly have a "pay-back" mentality in this game. We owe them a huge one. I believe they were the team that ruined our season last year. So let's give them that same favor next year. They will have a good team, although nothing like Tennessee. I also think that Nevada, after losing to Georgia, was the sign that the Season would not be all that great. If we can beat Tennessee in Seattle, it will be a great sign for next year. I am glad we have LG back because we will need his defense against Lofton.

ZagNative
06-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Some of you may have read the article in the S-R today about the Ronald McDonald House Charities Classic to be held every year in the Arena, with last year's Memphis game being the first. It will be an annual thing now. And Spokane Arena will also go after hosting the McDonald's A-A game as well.

Georgia will be the next foe. The game is set for January 5.

I'm sure someone can find the link.

Spokesman Review Story (http://www.spokesmanreview.com/zags/story.asp?ID=197255)

Bulldog
06-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Bring em on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nevtelen
06-29-2007, 06:51 PM
I hope we dig Georgia into a hole so deep they wont' be able to dig out in time to catch the plane back. We owe them a big one. Should be a great game - man, this year is going to be another monster schedule, but without all that killer travel that just did the team in last year (and perhaps with a few more pieces of our puzzle in place).

Zag79
07-01-2007, 10:32 PM
all i know is that memphis game last year in the arena made me want more there against good teams! that was an amazing atmosphere to be
part of.