PDA

View Full Version : Mallon to play in Germany

finechina2003
06-29-2007, 08:15 AM
Here is the article from the Duesseldorf Magics website. The translation is a little poor.

Sean Mallon first new acquisition

29.06.07 15:44

Duesseldorf Magics can their first new acquisition for the coming season present. For „the Big Men “- Sean Mallon could be committed to positions by the Gonzaga Bulldogs.

In Spokane/USA to 23.11.1983 born Americans 2,06m measures. Body size and is thereby 110 kg. heavily.

During its High School time visited Mallon the Ferris High and obtained in his senior season 24.1 points, 9.4 Rebounds and 4.7 Assists.

After the High School the 23-jährige changed to the Gonzaga college, where it terminated the straight fourth play time with a personal high point. Gonzaga belonged in the NCAA in this season to the best teams of the country and reached the first round of the legendary „Sweet Sixteen “- final tournament (the 16 best colleges of the country determine in the K.O. - Tournament the total winner), in whom the Bulldogs in the first round lost however with 57:70 against the Indiana Hoosiers. Mallon stood in the Starting Five and obtained 11 points and 6 Rebounds in 28 minutes. Over the entire play time Mallon obtained 21:30 on the average minutes play time, 8.0 points and 4.2 Rebounds.

Gonzaga is for its outstanding training programme beyond the states is admitting and brings in regular intervals player into the Leistungsspitze. Most well-known name was last Guard Adam Morisson. Morisson fallow at the Gonzaga college all Scoringrekorde, created the jump into the NBA (Charlotte Bobcats) and in its first year in the Rookie universe star team Second was appointed there. Before its large break-through Morisson with Mallon played together in a team, whereby also the relatively smaller Stats is to be explained.

Now it pulls it for the first time to overseas. Mallon is with Duesseldorf Magics the developed gap after the outlets of Björn Gieseck and Ezenwa Ukeagu to close. Beside Sean the Magics sights after a further participant for this position.

Headcoach Robert Shepherd: „We could engage one of our absolute desire players with Mallon for this position and are very glad that it accepted our offer promptly. It speaks for it in no further Zockereien to have gotten involved. It wants to accept the challenge here in Duesseldorf. Those are good Vorraussetzungen for a successful co-operation. “

In the Magics History there were already some points of contact with the Gonzaga Bulldogs. Already in the regional league master crew of the Magics stood with Mike Nilson and Ryan Floyd two former „Bulldogen “in the cadre. Mario Kasun (Barcelona) held itself at that time during a barrier in Duesseldorf fit, created then over Gonzaga and Frankfurt Skyliners the jump to the NBA team Orlando Magic. Tony Skinner of the Gonzaga Bulldogs last played with Duesseldorf Magics.

brasszag
06-29-2007, 08:22 AM
Awesome translation (lol) - and it's great to see Sean gets to continue to play - as I felt he was pretty unfairly, as an overall player, maligned for his lack of explosiveness.

He's as crafty as they come - even though it looks like he moves in slow motion sometimes - averaging 8 and 4 for a high-level NCAA team doesn't happen by accident.

RenoZag
06-29-2007, 08:42 AM
Bulldogen Uber Alles !

:p

sonuvazag
06-29-2007, 08:49 AM
Body size and is thereby 110 kg. heavily Gotta love the syntax. Good move Mallon: Looks like he
wants to accept the challenge and created the jump to Europe.

ZagNative
06-29-2007, 08:53 AM
Wow! Thanks for ferreting that out! I'm going to put my sister to work on coming up with a bit more understandable translation of the webpage (http://www.duesseldorfmagics.com/index.php?id=19&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=202&tx_ttnews[backPid]=59&cHash=66420961bd), though the one provided is good for a chuckle. (I think we'd all agree "Those are good Vorraussetzungen for a successful co-operation.")

I hope he has a great experience! I visited Germany in 2003 and again in 2006 and loved it. Haven't seen Duesseldorf yet, but it looks cool (http://www.world66.com/europe/germany/northrhinewestphalia/dusseldorf):

Dusseldorf, better Düsseldorf, is one of the nicest towns in Germany. It is a handsome and elegant, modern city on the banks of the Rhine River. Düsseldorf is a city where everything is close together: just near the wellknown shoppingstreet Königsallee is the Altstadt, the old quarter of the city. With its 260 cosy pubs and home-brew taverns it is well known as “the longest bar in the world”.

Go Zags!

sonuvazag
06-29-2007, 09:00 AM
the longest bar in the world
Wow. I can't believe I missed Dusseldorf.

soonerterp
06-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Good for him.

sittingon50
06-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Good Luck Sean!

EL MUSTACIO
06-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Nice job, white man cant jump.

BBskorer
06-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Sweet dig, finechina! Danke!!

gamagin
06-29-2007, 10:26 AM
He has earned a shot at some pro money, imo.

Hondo, Jhoop and I saw him at Jack and Dan's Chapel of the Little Sisters of Charity & Insatiable Thirst, Good Will and Bountiful Spirits last night.

We wondered to each other what he was going to do. But we didn't ask. We decided it was grad school.

None of us wanted to abandon our Pints, hike the 20 or so feet to where he was quaffing with his sister, risk dry lips, and actually ask him what his plans were.

So we remained where we were, protecting & sipping from our jars, until the time came, as it always does, to order some more.

Dogtownkid
06-29-2007, 12:58 PM
I tried to translate this piece in order to clarify and then post it, but I don't think the writer understands the whole NCAA tournament organization. It sounds as though he thinks GU made it to the Sweet Sixteen last year.

There also were some major holes in the story of Mario Kasun, which I didn't understand till I read an entry for him on Wikipedia. Wikipedia didn't mention any connection to Düsseldorf.

Dogtownkid
06-29-2007, 12:58 PM
I tried to translate this piece in order to clarify and then post it, but I don't think the writer understands the whole NCAA tournament organization. It sounds as though he thinks GU made it to the Sweet Sixteen last year.

There also were some major holes in the story of Mario Kasun, which I didn't understand till I read an entry for him on Wikipedia. Wikipedia didn't mention any connection to Düsseldorf.

Anyway, congrats to Mallon.

RebornZag
06-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Congratulations to Sean...Carry the torch with pride!!!

Oregon Zag
06-29-2007, 03:03 PM
I am so happy for Sean and look forward to hearing about him in the coming year.

lothar98zag
06-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Achtung Baby!

Congrats Sean!

ZagNut08
06-29-2007, 06:40 PM
great country, he is in for some fun times and good eats

mendiant
06-30-2007, 07:38 PM
He has earned a shot at some pro money, imo.

Hondo, Jhoop and I saw him at Jack and Dan's Chapel of the Little Sisters of Charity & Insatiable Thirst, Good Will and Bountiful Spirits last night.

We wondered to each other what he was going to do. But we didn't ask. We decided it was grad school.

Doncha just LOVE being Catholic LOL! I know I do :D.

Anywho, GRATS to Sean!!!