PDA

View Full Version : Dickau to the Knicks

batistafan
06-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Sorry Dan...

4EVERaZAG
06-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Well he wasn't getting much pt behind Roy and Jack so maybe it will be a good thing. Hopefully he can get back to the form while he was playing for the Hornets during the pre-CP3 era. And if he does shine he is in arguably the biggest sports market in the world.

ZagNut08
06-28-2007, 06:21 PM
his realtor must love him

23dpg
06-28-2007, 06:26 PM
LIZF is probably the happiest man in NY right now.

LongIslandZagFan
06-28-2007, 06:39 PM

Now I have a reason to watch the Knicks. :D

ZagMania
06-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Who else do the Knicks have at the guard position? Will he see a good amount of playing time?

ZagNut08
06-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Marbury, Robinson, Marty Collins

Ezag
06-28-2007, 09:22 PM

With the trade and the draft selection, the Knicks have 16 players on the roster, one more than the limit. So it is likely Thomas will have more moves in the works, possibly with the expiring contracts he just acquired.

mendiant
06-28-2007, 09:27 PM
So, how is Nate doing in NYC?

Perhaps more movement is in the works?

NYC would be fun for a seaon or so for the family.

I hope that Heather has a great time going to the museums, parks and, dang, the SHOPPING!!!.

I hope it is a great cultural and career opportunity for them both.

lothar98zag
06-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Dan still has a guaranteed contract, right? When does that expire?

Also, how many teams has he "played" for? I wouldn't be surprised if he started the season on a different team. Actually, I expect it.

And finally, I wonder what the record is for most teams played for?

RenoZag
06-28-2007, 11:53 PM
And finally, I wonder what the record is for most teams played for?

As of 2003, Tony Massenberg & Chucky Brown had both played for 12 different teams. . .don't know if anyone has since broken their "record."

Jim Jackson also played for 12 teams

Zag79
06-29-2007, 02:20 AM
good player, even when he proved he belonged he couldnt stick. hang em up, stop moving the fam all over for no PT. danny was my fav zag of all time, but its a circus for him now. :mad:

former1dog
06-29-2007, 08:06 AM
good player, even when he proved he belonged he couldnt stick. hang em up, stop moving the fam all over for no PT. danny was my fav zag of all time, but its a circus for him now. :mad:

Interesting that you would bring that up. I kinda agree.

BUT, he's still a young guy with a lot of athletic ability. It would be a shame for him to let it go to waste.

If it weren't for his family situation, I would love to see DD go off and play in Europe where he would get enough money to set him up for life and also get to play a lot.

Edited to add: With his NBA salary and a little bit of smart financial management, he actually should already be set for life financially.

gamagin
06-29-2007, 08:29 AM
this is it. The money is good.

also, a couple of more stops and he'll have enough jerseys to make a really unique and fine quilt. King sized.

speaking of sticking with it, I saw richie frahm shooting ft's at K2 yesterday.

what's his status ? Europe ? I don't think he has any NBA team looking at him but am not sure.

He looked like he, too, was not going to hang up his sneakers willingly.

Lurknomore
06-29-2007, 08:51 AM
The spokesman said this is Dan's eighth team. Hopefully this will be the one. Like was posted before it might be a great expierence to be in NY for the family. Whatever happens I wish the best for him.

brasszag
06-29-2007, 11:24 AM
what's his status ? Europe ? I don't think he has any NBA team looking at him but am not sure.

Last I saw he was invited to be at Denver's Summer League team.

gamagin
06-29-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm hoping he, too, gets a chance to stick on a team long enough to show his stuff. It's gotta be tough.

It would only take a coach with a lot of faith in either dan or Richie to get them into a regular rotation, performing like pros, imo.

ZagNative
06-29-2007, 12:28 PM
sorry if this has been posted before, but it seems to answer some questions

New York Times Today

(http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/29/sports/29knicks.html?ref=basketball)
The Knicks now have 16 players under contract, one more than the maximum. It would not be surprising if they waived Dickau, who would be playing for his sixth team in five season. If he makes the team, Dickau could fulfill the Knicks’ need for a true point guard to spell Marbury. But counting Dickau and Jones, the Knicks now have seven guards under contract. Dickau could be waived (he is owed $2.8 million next season) or packaged in another trade.

gamagin
06-29-2007, 02:57 PM
can't seem to escape the fact tt he's trade bait. Otoh, each time he shows enough value to make it to the next stop. Someone mentioned that guaranteed contract, so that might have something to do with it.

even if a team may not have real plans for him, they would send him off as a condition of someone they do in order to get out from under the financial obligation he carries with him.

Here's hoping he has a chance to break out of that routine and in to a real situation.

Radbooks
06-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Dan Dickau will be a terrific backup behind Stephon Marbury, and while he might not be an acceptable defender, DD just might be the only classic pass-first point on his new team.

A quote from Charley Rosen where he's discussing the various trades yesterday. I tend not to like Rosen, but I liked this particular sentiment.

ZagNut08
06-29-2007, 05:44 PM
The Knicks now have 16 players under contract, one more than the maximum. It would not be surprising if they waived Dickau, who would be playing for his sixth team in five season. If he makes the team, Dickau could fulfill the Knicks’ need for a true point guard to spell Marbury. But counting Dickau and Jones, the Knicks now have seven guards under contract. Dickau could be waived (he is owed $2.8 million next season) or packaged in another trade.

- ny times