PDA

View Full Version : The Unofficial NBA Draft Blog Thread

Akzag
06-28-2007, 03:18 PM
I almost forgot how annoying Stephen A. can be ....

23dpg
06-28-2007, 03:30 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0SY-HQOcfiI

lothar98zag
06-28-2007, 03:57 PM
I can't believe the Sonics took Yi @ #2!

:eek:

BobZag
06-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Do the Sonics keep Lewis to go with Durant and Green, after dealing away Ray Allen? Seems they'd have to. Still a donut team, though.

A little surprised Portland got rid of Zach Randolph for Channing Frye. Randolph is a scoring beast. Frye is a bit soft.

4EVERaZAG
06-28-2007, 05:54 PM
I hope Seattle takes Gabe Pruitt or Morris Almond with one of its second round picks to try and fill the huge void that Allen leaves.

pbriz
06-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Do the Sonics keep Lewis to go with Durant and Green, after dealing away Ray Allen? Seems they'd have to. Still a donut team, though.

A little surprised Portland got rid of Zach Randolph for Channing Frye. Randolph is a scoring beast. Frye is a bit soft.

Bob one thing about the Blazers is image right now... and Randolph doesn't reflect the image the blazers want (punching teammates in the face, sexual assualt-although he was not convicted, etc)

ZagMania
06-28-2007, 06:36 PM
Bob one thing about the Blazers is image right now... and Randolph doesn't reflect the image the blazers want (punching teammates in the face, sexual assualt-although he was not convicted, etc)

Then they should have kept Dickau and made him the face of their franchise!

ZagNut08
06-28-2007, 06:59 PM
anyone else notice a lot of player highlights are against the zags?

RenoZag
06-28-2007, 07:10 PM
From ESPN Insider's Draft Blog:

"He's Dirk Nowitzki without the athleticism -- a fantastic shooter and a good rebounder. But he has slow, slow feet."

RenoZag
06-28-2007, 07:11 PM
I can't believe the Sonics took Yi @ #2!

:eek:

:lmao:

ZagMania
06-28-2007, 07:17 PM
I seriously think I would rather have Raivio than Taureen Green.

The Bobcats just traded for Jason Richardson.. not very good for Adam but I guess that means Wallace is not going to be resigned.

meadgrad02
06-28-2007, 07:17 PM
stupid move by the bobcats in my opinion. Jordan is quite easily the worst executives ever.

RenoZag
06-28-2007, 07:29 PM
Richardson isn't chopped liver : 18pts / 5 boards Career Avg.

STATS (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?statsId=3515)

Brandan Wright had a very short stay as a Charlotte Bobcat. The Bobcats traded the draft rights to Brandan Wright to the Golden State Warriors on Thursday for Jason Richardson, a source told ESPN.com Insider Chad Ford.

The rights to the Warriors' second-round pick, Alabama's Jermareo Davidson, was also sent to Charlotte with Richardson.

Bobcats part-owner Michael Jordan has been saying for weeks that he didn't want a rookie but wanted an established player who could help put the Bobcats in the playoffs. Richardson is coming off a great playoff run for the Warriors and fits a big need for the Bobcats at shooting guard.

For the Warriors, the deal clears cap room, rids the team of a log jam at the two and gives them a young athletic power forward to pair in the frontcourt with Andris Biedrins.

soonerterp
06-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Chicago picked up JamesOn Curry with the 51st pick. This isn't about Curry's personal issues, i.e. the incident when he was in high school that cost him his opportunity to be a Tar Heel and instead becoming one of many individuals given a second chance by Eddie Sutton. I just don't think that Curry is truly ready for the NBA and should have gone back to Pokie State for his senior year.

Although I know it was highly unlikely that he would be drafted, and indeed wasn't, I would much rather have seen Raivio there than Curry.

Here's hoping DRav can get a summer league or training camp invite. And if not, Europe is good ... as I've said many times, maybe better than the NBA if you want to play/see actual "team" basketball.

Zag79
06-29-2007, 01:31 AM
I seriously think I would rather have Raivio than Taureen Green.
another nba stumper. raivios numbers are better than greens by quite a bit. and green is just as small. interesting ol' nba. sonics did a good job IMO bringing in green, durant and wally for ray. i know hes one of the purest shooters of all time but its time to retool the roster. beest move of the day?

mnzag24
06-29-2007, 06:23 AM
anyone else notice a lot of player highlights are against the zags?

I noticed that too, saw the horrible red unis when we played duke and Fazekas' highlight reel had some of the BIS in it. :mad:

sonuvazag
06-29-2007, 06:37 AM
They showed Brandan Wright blocking Bouldin and Rodney Stuckey... he had only been taped playing Zags, I guess.

ZagMania
06-29-2007, 07:57 AM
another nba stumper. raivios numbers are better than greens by quite a bit. and green is just as small. interesting ol' nba.

Exactly, Green is actually smaller than Raivio. Speed and ballhandling I think is a wash, and while Green's a good FT shooter he obviously doesn't compare to Raivio. Plus Raivio has a much better outside shot, and higher FG% despite the fact he was where our opponents put their most effort. Green had great bigs with Horford and a lights out shooter in Humphrey for the other team to match up with, but he still shot just 37%. If Green is on any other team in college basketball he doesn't get drafted.

NJZag
06-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Interesting.

http://www.nba.com/sonics/news/draft070628.html

Seems like Sonics might as well have pitched a tent with a "Hiring Now!" sign in Prince George's County, Maryland. (Durant, Green, West.) :D

Draft order and first 12 hours of trades:

2007 NBA draft
June 29, 2007

FIRST ROUND:

1. Portland, Greg Oden, c, Ohio State.
2. Seattle, Kevin Durant, f, Texas.
3. Atlanta, Al Horford, f, Florida.
4. Memphis, Michael Conley, g, Ohio State.
5. a-Boston, Jeff Green, f, Georgetown.
a-Boston traded the rights to F Jeff Green, a future second-round draft pick, G Delonte West and F Wally Szczerbiak to Seattle for G Ray Allen and its second-round draft pick (No. 35).

6. Milwaukee, Yi Jianlian, f, Guandong Tigers (China).
7. Minnesota, Corey Brewer, f, Florida.
8. b-Charlotte, Brandan Wright, f, North Carolina.
b-Charlotte traded the rights to F Brandan Wright to Golden State for G Jason Richardson and the rights to F Jermareo Davidson.

9. Chicago (from New York), Joakim Noah, f, Florida.
10. Sacramento, Spencer Hawes, c, Washington.
11. Atlanta (from Indiana), Acie Law, g, Texas A&M.
12. Philadelphia, Thaddeus Young, f, Georgia Tech.
13. New Orleans, Julian Wright, f, Kansas.
14. L.A. Clippers, Al Thornton, f, Florida State.
15. Detroit (from Orlando), Rodney Stuckey, g, Eastern Washington.
16. Washington, Nick Young, g, Southern Cal.
17. New Jersey, Sean Williams, f, Boston College.
18. Golden State, Marco Belinelli, g, Climamio Bologna (Italy).
19. L.A. Lakers, Javaris Crittenton, g, Georgia Tech.

20. c-Miami, Jason Smith, f, Colorado State.
21. c-Philadelphia (from Denver), Daequan Cook, g, Ohio State.
c-Miami traded the rights to C Jason Smith to Philadelphia for the rights to G Daequan Cook, a 2009 second-round pick and cash considerations.

22. Charlotte (from Toronto through Cleveland), Jared Dudley, f, Boston College.
23. New York (from Chicago), Wilson Chandler, f, DePaul.
24. d-Phoenix (from Cleveland through Boston), Rudy Fernandez, g, DVK Joventut Badalona (Spain).
d-Phoenix sold rights of G Rudy Fernandez to Portland.

25. Utah, Morris Almond, g, Rice.
26. Houston, Aaron Brooks, g, Oregon.
27. Detroit, Arron Afflalo, g, UCLA.
28. San Antonio, Tiago Splitter, f, Tau Vitoria (Spain).
29. Phoenix, Alando Tucker, f, Wisconsin.

30. e-Philadelphia (from Dallas through Denver and Golden State), Petteri Koponen, g, Honka (Finland).
e-Philadelphia traded the rights to G Petteri Koponen to Portland for the rights to G Derrick Byars and cash.

SECOND ROUND:

31. f-Seattle (from Memphis), Carl Landry, f, Purdue.
f-Seattle traded the rights to F Carl Landry to Houston for a future second-round pick and cash.

32. Boston, Gabe Pruitt, g, Southern Cal.
33. San Antonio (from Milwaukee), Marcus Williams, f, Arizona.
34. Dallas (from Atlanta), Nick Fazekas, f, Nevada.

35. a-Seattle, Glen Davis, f, LSU.
36. b-Golden State (from Minnesota), Jermareo Davidson, f, Alabama.
37. Portland, Josh McRoberts, f, Duke.
38. Philadelphia (from New York through Chicago), Kyrylo Fesenko, c, Cherkasy (Ukraine).

39. g-Miami (from Sacramento through Utah and Orlando), Stanko Barac, c, Siroki (Bosnia).
g-Miami traded the rights to C Stanko Barac for 2009 second-round draft pick.

40. L.A. Lakers (from Charlotte), Sun Yue, f, Aoshen (Olympian), China.
41. Minnesota (from Philadelphia), Chris Richard, f, Florida.
42. e-Portland (from Indiana), Derrick Byars, g, Vanderbilt.
43. New Orleans, Adam Haluska, f, Iowa.
44. Orlando, Reyshawn Terry, f, North Carolina.
45. L.A. Clippers, Jared Jordan, g, Marist.
46. Golden State (from New Jersey), Stephane Lasme, f, Massachusetts.
47. Washington, Dominic McGuire, f, Fresno State.
48. L.A. Lakers, Marc Gasol, c, Akasvayu Girona (Spain).
49. Chicago (from Golden State through Denver, Boston and Phoenix), Aaron Gray, c, Pittsburgh.
50. Dallas (from Miami through L.A. Lakers), Renaldas Seibutis, g, Olympiakos (Greece).
51. Chicago (from Denver), JamesOn Curry, g, Oklahoma State.
52. Portland (from Toronto), Taurean Green g, Florida.
53. Portland (from Chicago), Demetris Nichols, f, Syracuse.
54. Houston (from Cleveland through Orlando), Brad Newley, g, Townsville (Australia).
55. Utah, Herbert Hill, f, Providence.
56. Milwaukee (from Houston), Ramon Sessions, g, Nevada.
57. Detroit, Sammy Mejia, g, DePaul.
58. San Antonio, Giorgos Printezis, f, Greece.
59. Phoenix, D.J. Strawberry, g, Maryland.
60. Dallas, Miovan Rakovic, c, Mega Ishrana (Serbia).

sittingon50
06-29-2007, 09:54 AM
During the broadcast they mentioned that Hawes had a "God Bless George Bush" bumper sticker on the back of his rig. Man, he's more of a PROJECT than I ever imagined!

sonuvazag
06-29-2007, 10:06 AM
During the broadcast they mentioned that Hawes had a "God Bless George Bush" bumper sticker on the back of his rig. Man, he's more of a PROJECT than I ever imagined! I got a kick out of that, too.

CDC84
06-29-2007, 12:40 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=katz_andy&id=2920476

Great Katz article about all of the upperclassmen that were picked.

I found it interesting that the Pistons took both Stuckey and Afflalo. They aren't the same type of players, but still, both guys play shooting guard. Stuckey can play some point and can score in some ways that Afflalo can't, while Arron is almost exclusively a shooting guard with far better defensive skills than Rodney.

CDC84
06-29-2007, 12:49 PM
http://www.nba.com/pistons/news/langlois_blog_070629.html

More on the Piston's draft picks..........

EL MUSTACIO
06-29-2007, 12:50 PM
so if billups doesnt come back will stuckey get starting pg?

RebornZag
06-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Nice find CDC84. I always like to see what Katz has to say. He's one of my fav writer's. This is good news for Josh, Pargo, Downs and even Matty.

Rubbadub
06-29-2007, 09:15 PM
All i know is that based on watching Belinelli for a few games, I said that he should be in the NBA last summer...and no one else really thought so on the board, i don't think. :D

My nba draft analysis is that he will be a better pro than several of the individuals selected ahead of him. As well, i think the Celtics made an extremely bad trade. The Bobcats trade wasn't really that bad though...i don't know why it got such bad reception. Jason Richardson is a very good player.

ZagMania
06-30-2007, 09:29 AM
I've been reading some Knicks blogs/forum and most of the comments regarding Dickau is that they think he will be waived..