• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

I'm making a plea.....

I'm making a plea to those who blog here to please try to clean this GU men's basketball forum up. This forum here, is for discussion of Gonzaga Men's basketball, or related topics. There are other forum's here on GUboard to post information or articles that are not related to GU. PLEASE do that. There is also the Foo where people have the freedom to say anything they want. I think it's uncensored!!! I understand that many of you are bored right now, but please try to be respectful of what this forum here is about. I understand that I'm one of the older folks, and sometimes we need to be heard and listened to. Some of the stuff being posted here, just does not belong here. Use some discretion and discipline folks (who post inappropriate stuff here).
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • kitzbuel
    • Feb 2007

Don't worry too much, it's summer. Not much else to chat about.

We will move and organize as we get a chance, but we are all still trying to work our paying jobs.

(BZ gives great benefits, but he don't pay much!)
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• americasteam
      Kennel Club
      • Jan 2010

I agree, Reborn. It's getting ridiculous. As you said, there are lots of forums, so pick the one that most suits the topic and put it there.

Lately, everyone just says OT, and then sticks it in the men's basketball forum.

The administrators would prefer it too, I'm sure.

Comment

• gamagin
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

good gawd

I hope you two OT whiners can get back to sleep after all the shouting on this nearly empty GUB. Nothing like faux rage over nothing to stir the other guy with nothing else to do.
        Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
        Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
        Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• FieldHouseFishHouse
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Feb 2009

I totally agree we need to cut the dead weight.
          Starting with this thread.

Comment

• MDABE80
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

HAHAHA Field!
            Not much to say about this. Offseason is a long one this year. Enjoy the Summer! <off topic too!!!

Comment

• ridgebackzag
              Kennel Club
              • Jan 2009

So you're saying you would rather join the forum without anything new to read? Aside from hoopfest and a jump-the-gun Rotnei Clarke thread, this category has been dead for over a month.

Comment

• TheZagPhish
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                There is also the Foo where people have the freedom to say anything they want. I think it's uncensored!!!
                Wear clean socks and bring a robust sense of humor. The back country of the Foo is no place for somber and serious conversation.

Unless of course that's what we're talking about.
                Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Comment

• Oregonzagnut
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2011

I agree

Habits formed in the offseason will set examples for part time visitors and slowly become stronger during the regular season. If the die hards who are on the board right now won't post in appropriate spots, just wait until 10 times as many members are online, all who want to have their post read and replied to immediately. Now is the perfect time to regularly remind everyone (including me) to set good examples to those who show up every year around November.

And like I said before, with BYU coming into OUR conference (joke), we will have more transient viewers than we have ever had in the past. Track the daily viewer numbers and you will see the massive jump after every BYU game. Many of those transient viewers will register and post. They will do as the Romans do.
                  “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

• Fonebone
                    Kennel Club
                    • Feb 2007

Counter View

As one who pretty much only reads this forum, and not the others used for off topic items, I am fine with a looser interpretation of what is "Related to GU." Just about anything that provides insight into the college basketball scene is useful to me - it provides a context to better understand the Zags.

If a thread does not interest you, then just dont read it. Otherwise, who's to say what insight or perspective some of us might get from reading topics that are not directly related to the Zags. For me, anything about any WCC team is related, and anything about any of our opponents, and anything about rules, issues etc is related. Those of us who are interested can read such things and enjoy and benefit from them, others can just skip them.

Comment

• americasteam
                      Kennel Club
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by gamagin View Post
                      I hope you two OT whiners can get back to sleep after all the shouting on this nearly empty GUB. Nothing like faux rage over nothing to stir the other guy with nothing else to do.
                      Wow, exaggerate much? I don't think we're being OT whiners, or that we're showing "faux rage". Just a bit of commentary....why have the other forums at all? Let's just put everything in one place and make everyone weed through every thread, trying to decide if they want to read it! No, the GU Board was set up this way to allow people to more easily find the topics that interest them.

Comment

• ridgebackzag
                        Kennel Club
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by americasteam View Post
                        Wow, exaggerate much? I don't think we're being OT whiners, or that we're showing "faux rage". Just a bit of commentary....why have the other forums at all? Let's just put everything in one place and make everyone weed through every thread, trying to decide if they want to read it! No, the GU Board was set up this way to allow people to more easily find the topics that interest them.
                        Or it was setup as a way to file posts as they trend less in the main forum..

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

I'm closer to 60 than I am to 50, and I have a wife to tell me what I can or can't do.

So pi$$ off! I'll send my thread killing comments to the closest thread I can find.

Comment

• Colbyspapa
                            Professional Zag Fan
                            • Jan 2008

I see value in related topics hitting this forum first and then being migrated to the more specific forum. I will give an example.

Last year, I posted in the ticketing forum that I would like to take my daughter to a specific game and asked for anyone who might have a ticket source to PM me. I received no responses. A week later, I posted the same message on the main board and I received 10 responses and 2 offers for tickets. It really was wonderful putting the request in front of the entire community on this board as most people only view this board. I have been a lurker, poster on this board and the previous for many years. I rely on this community for info in the MBB universe. I can tell what most posts are by their title and those I have no interest in, I don't read.

While I understand Reborn's issue, I prefer seeing as many different related topics that affect GU basketball.

Comment

• sittingon50
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Ditto

this ain't, afterall, rocket surgery.
                              But we don't play nobody.

Comment

Working...
                              X