PDA

View Full Version : Oh what a beautiful morning

RebornZag
06-27-2007, 07:50 AM
Nice to wake up this morning to some really good posts (mdZag23's in particular). The news coming in about Ira Brown seems to get better and better. A monster, line-backer built player who can handle the ball and shoot. Whew!!! The report on LG is so promising, I think. Like I said before, when he and Pargo were Freshman, I think I liked LG more. Yes, he is behind Pargo by a couple miles now, but this report this morning is still very promissing to us Zag Fans. When we talk about defense we talk LG's language.

It is very challenging for me right now to try to figure out playing minutes for the guys, and most likely this will only get more difficult as time passes. We have all this news about Ira, and man I certainly invision him getting some quality time. And then I think, "We haven't even seen Daye, Gray and Sacre yet." I think it's going to be a fun summer trying to keep up with all these guys.

I think we have a pretty good team returning for next year's season. The '06-'07 Zags were special in many ways. At least to my son and I. Now you add: LG, Davis, Ira, Daye, Gray and Sacre to the team and I think we have something to cheer about...or maybe SCREAM about is a better notion. :D

roxdoc
06-27-2007, 09:10 AM
You know Reborn, we have heard so much about people loosing weight, gaining weight, buffing up, perfecting their shots, really showing up in the pick up games, etc etc etc. I could be reading more into it than is correct, but it seems to me from reports on this board that the guys are more focused, more serious this summer about the season ahead. It sounds like they are feeling that the skys the limit Just like the rest of us couch coaches!

MickMick
06-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Ever hear this saying?

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."

Last year's Zags in a nutshell.

brasszag
06-27-2007, 09:42 AM
Ever hear this saying?

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."

Last year's Zags in a nutshell.

And the difference in energy that the seniors bring is totally different.

Mallon and DRAV were a great steadying influence on the team, but weren't really the type to get everyone fired up and focussed.

Pendo and Kuso - there's a lot of fire there. For lack of a better phrase, Pendo's what I think of as an "old school" Zag; and if there's ever going to be a senior who will get the guys hustling and playing over their heads - it's him. Then, Kuso's another pure energy type on top of that...

Yeah, I expect some growing pains early as the Frosh and LG re-adapt to D-I game speed - but by the time the WCC season rolls around I expect these guys to be very dominant - and I don't see a first round exit this year from the NCAA regardless of who we pull.

roxdoc
06-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Although he is not a senior, don't forget about Pargo. He's a veteran and has plenty of fire!