PDA

View Full Version : jones lands?

jazzdelmar
05-22-2011, 04:49 AM
todays san diego rag reports bryce jones landing with unlv.....

ezcure17
05-22-2011, 07:25 AM
Here is the linwww.lvrj.com/sports/former-usc-guard-moving-to-unlv-122399739.htmlk

Reborn
05-22-2011, 07:51 AM
Great news to me. Now maybe we can forget about this guy and MOVE ON.

SteveAztec
05-22-2011, 09:43 AM
Our best recruiter at San Diego State (Justin Hutson) was recruiting Bryce Jones for us. We felt we had him.

About a month ago Justin Hutson was given a nice pay raise and the Head Assistant Coach at UNLV and he took it.

Justin and Bryce were tight. I think the Gonzaga cancellations and the lost interest in the Aztecs were because of the Justin Hutson move to UNLV.

Hutson is one hell of a coach and recruiter.

MDABE80
05-22-2011, 09:58 AM
Funny how that works. All legal too. Murky murky murky. Truth be known, I'm glad Jones is there...not at GU. Remember the old.."We didn't want him anyway" when losing a recruit? Abe is guilty as charged.

MickMick
05-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Our best recruiter at San Diego State (Justin Hutson) was recruiting Bryce Jones for us. We felt we had him.

About a month ago Justin Hutson was given a nice pay raise and the Head Assistant Coach at UNLV and he took it.

Justin and Bryce were tight. I think the Gonzaga cancellations and the lost interest in the Aztecs were because of the Justin Hutson move to UNLV.

Hutson is one hell of a coach and recruiter.

Nice to hear a little bit more on the subject. Time to move on for both SDSU and GU.

By the way Aztec, I was reading on your boards that SDSU has surpassed GU as a program. Amazing what a #2 seed can do to your thought process.

Congratulations on the promotion.

MDABE80
05-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Funny one Mick. One year of major success can turn some heads. If it continues (it rarely does) then there's something to crow about. I don't think SDSU is a one hit wonder but it'll be hard to dupicate this past year for them.

GU ran off a string of Swt 16's when every one was saying we were a lucky E8 team who would go back to nothing. Somehow GU defied the odds to become anything BUT an anomaly.

I hope SDSU achieves success. It'll take a few more big seasons before the outside world confirms their self impressions. We'll see. It would be good for another west coast team to step up ..outside of the P10.

jazzdelmar
05-22-2011, 11:13 AM
fishers pantry is pretty bare, counting on jaycees and transfers and a few carry forwards.....don't be surprised to see them fall quite a bit....but steves a great recruiter and a good guy.

Zig-Zag
05-22-2011, 11:20 AM
GU decided to pass on him couple weeks ago, too many issues.

FieldHouseFishHouse
05-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Nice to hear a little bit more on the subject. Time to move on for both SDSU and GU.

By the way Aztec, I was reading on your boards that SDSU has surpassed GU as a program. Amazing what a #2 seed can do to your thought process.

Link? Can't find the right thread and I would like to read that one.

CaliforniaZaggin'
05-22-2011, 09:52 PM
I was going to post a comment in this thread, but instead I decided to postpone my post for two weeks.

Pleasant Peninsula
05-22-2011, 10:24 PM
I was going to post a comment in this thread, but instead I decided to postpone my post for two weeks.

Good.

We didn't want your post anyway. Not GU material.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Oregonzagnut
05-22-2011, 10:52 PM
We might need him in 2 or 3 years but not next year. If we can consistently develop junior and senior leadership with this group of frosh and sophs, we will have continued success for the next 4 years. We will miss Meech next year.

SteveAztec
05-28-2011, 05:00 PM

Hmm, I don't know if we have passed Gonzaga yet, but I do know that Steve Fisher is taking this program to a different level and its about to jump again in 2 years.

I am predicting a 24 win season this year and a bubble NCAA team this year. Then I am going with about 28 wins and a high ranking the following year.

If we can get 24 wins this year...AFTER losing Kawhi Leonard, Billy White, DJ Gay, and Malcom Thomas, I would say we are getting close.

SteveAztec
05-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Funny one Mick. One year of major success can turn some heads. If it continues (it rarely does) then there's something to crow about. I don't think SDSU is a one hit wonder but it'll be hard to dupicate this past year for them.

GU ran off a string of Swt 16's when every one was saying we were a lucky E8 team who would go back to nothing. Somehow GU defied the odds to become anything BUT an anomaly.

I hope SDSU achieves success. It'll take a few more big seasons before the outside world confirms their self impressions. We'll see. It would be good for another west coast team to step up ..outside of the P10.

I agree. You have to do it for about 8/9 years in a row.

The Aztecs are one of the unknown programs though in the country that has already been on the rise in the last 6 years or so.

Here is our records over the last 6 years (In order going back from last year)...

34-3
25-9
26-10
20-13
22-11
24-9

That is a pretty good 6 in a row. Now we need about 3 more in the 24-28 range.

SteveAztec
05-28-2011, 05:10 PM
fishers pantry is pretty bare, counting on jaycees and transfers and a few carry forwards.....don't be surprised to see them fall quite a bit....but steves a great recruiter and a good guy.

Or so it would seem. The upcoming season will be our best backcourt we have ever had...

-Chase Tapley
-James Rahon
-Xavier Thames (transfer from WAZZU)
-LaBradford Franklin

There are questions at forward, but we do have back...

-Tim Shelton (started as a true frosh 2 years ago)
-Alec Williams (who didn't play much)
-Kevin Young (transfer from LMU who led LMU in rebouning and shots blocked as a true frosh)
-DeShawn Stephens (6-9 JC transfer)
-Jamaal Franklin (6-5 small forward who played a key roll in the MWC tourney and NCAA's last year)

Center is an if...

But we think we have a real good chance to getting 6-11 Brian Carlwell a 6th year of eligibility. We are waiting for the word from the NCAA as we speak.

There are questions for sure, but I think this Aztec team will surprise some and just may make the NCAA tourney.

810Suited
05-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Get that Chuck Findlay moneyyyyy