PDA

View Full Version : Gearled Wallace opts out of his contract;becomes an unrestriceed free agent

quadcityzag
06-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Good news for Adam and MJ? Or will they Trade Ammo for Rashard Lewis?

SageOfZagville
06-26-2007, 08:43 PM
As I mentioned in another post, I talked with Adam's Dad at length some weeks back. I mentioned to him that it seemed to me that Felton would deliberately not pass the ball to Adam at times, even when he was open.

His reponse was that Wallace was an even worse offender. That could of been a little jealousy on his part, since Adam was getting a lot of press and Wallace was the team leader in scoring etc.

I didn't get the sense that there was very good chemistry between players on the Bobcats last season. Maybe with all of the changes coming up (draft choice and free agents), they can get something going next year.

The Sage.

deathchina
06-26-2007, 10:43 PM
THere aren't a whole lot of teams with cap space available that would offer Wallace a decent contract, so chances are he'll return to the bobcats.

RebornZag
06-27-2007, 07:19 AM
I watched a lot of Bobcat basketball this year, as I bought into the NBA package. It was a waste!!! Felton WAS guilty of NOT passing the ball to Adam. I grew, overtime, to dislike Felton A LOT. Same feelings for Bickerstaff. Adam never fit into that team, and I have big concerns that he ever will. I don't think he's a North Carolina kind of guy. I don't think he'll ever be accepted there. It's just my opinion. I really, really, hope Adam gets traded to Seattle. The only difference I see between Roy and Adam is the teams they play on, and where those teams are located. And it's a huge difference.

Argentum
06-27-2007, 08:01 AM
I would be pretty surprised if Adam ever got traded to Seattle now that Presti is the GM and puts an emphasis on "players who can play and guard multiple positions while adhering to a more team-oriented defensive philosophy." I'd love to be wrong of course and it would be a lot more probable if Portland drafted Durant and Rashard Lewis ended up on a different team freeing up the small forward spot.

Northspokane
06-27-2007, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't pass to Adam either if he was shooting the way he shot the ball. what like 37%?? Adam said that is was all on him and he needs to improve. The only valid excuse is that it was a 82 game season and he has diabetes. But we all know that Adam wouldn't use that bullcrap excuse. He played bad he will play better. period. Dont go blaming other players for not passing it to someone who is shooting 37%