PDA

View Full Version : Borah-G-Prep 1976 game: Anyone want article?

zagco
06-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Is anyone interested in the copies I have of the Idaho Statesman's stories about the Borah-Gonzaga Prep football game played in Bronco Stadium in 1976, narrowly won by Prep? It has a story, box score, some quotes from Don Anderson, and pictures of 2 or 3 Prep players. It was hyped a bit too, as I have articles from two days--one before the game and one the day after. It's black and white and the copies are okay.

I thought someone might be interested in them. I found them in the Microfishe at the Boise State library out of curiosity after someone brought up the game. I hesitate to throw them away after taking all that time and having copies made of the microfishe.

Zag 77
06-26-2007, 09:08 PM
That is a football score. I heard it on the radio in Spokane called by a Boise homer and I can only imagine what it was like to see in person.

Anybody able to name some names of who played in that game?

It might have been one of Don Anderson's 3 biggest wins at Prep besides 2 State Championships.

zagco
06-27-2007, 08:06 AM
I echo that comment. Borah was a national football power and a very big high school at that time. They had multiple Division I football players on that team, although a key injury occured very early in the game when Borah's superstar Cedric Minter went out of the game. Borah dominated the game statistically, but turned the ball over deep 5 times. Borah lost maybe 10 games in a decade back in the 60s and 70s. They traveled all over the country playing the best and almost always won. Huge win for G Prep.

Let me know and I'd be happy to mail the articles to whoever wants them.