PDA

View Full Version : Sacre: The Players' Meeting

Angelo Roncalli
05-17-2011, 09:42 AM
http://news.gonzaga.edu/archives/7266?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GonzagaUniversityNewsService+ %28Gonzaga+University+News+Service%29

gozagswoohoo
05-17-2011, 10:00 AM
Very cool. It really shows you that these players have one common goal in mind.

Reborn
05-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Great find, Angelo. There are some other really good video/interviews with Few, Carter and Gray that I really liked too. I think Robert will be a great team leader this next year. Robert, along with Elias will certainly be one of the best frontcourts in the country next year. I'm hoping that Bell, Pangos, Dranginis and possibly Sarbrough can really help solidify the backcourt next year. The Zags will certainly need one or two of these guys to step up next year and contribute. Keita is my "dark horse" for next year. I hope he puts in time this summer trying to improve his footwork.

ZagNative
05-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Sam Dower is back in the 509, after a brief vacation back home in Minnesota. I think the guys are going to be really focused this summer on working together to get better. Sam's tweet today:
@SammyDthaMan (http://twitter.com/#!/SammyDthaMan/statuses/70363675910873088)
Samuel Dower Jr.

Finally my bro @BigKelz13 [Kelly Olynyk] is back. Now waiting for mr carter to get back then its time get it goin

12 hours ago via Twitter for AndroidLooks like the vets are trying to get a good headstart on the newcomers who won't be on campus until June 25.

Reborn
05-17-2011, 10:42 AM
I've been waiting for the 2011-'12 team ever since BZ first predicted that they would go deeper in March than this years team would go. I think that was sometime last Fall. Bob has always been really excited about Bell and Pangos, and when they signed with GU I thought about BZ a lot and how happy he must be. I hope you're right Bob!

It's good to see the "old-timers" as ZN calls them (I tend to think of 'old timers as guys like me, Hondo, gamagin, MDABE, Jazz ect) heading up the committment to play together over the summer. Is Dower saying that Kelly is going to be on campus this summer? Wow! That would be great. I thought he was going to be playing for Canada over the summer.

ZagNative
05-17-2011, 11:10 AM
I've been waiting for the 2011-'12 team ever since BZ first predicted that they would go deeper in March than this years team would go. I think that was sometime last Fall. Bob has always been really excited about Bell and Pangos, and when they signed with GU I thought about BZ a lot and how happy he must be. I hope you're right Bob!

It's good to see the "old-timers" as ZN calls them (I tend to think of 'old timers as guys like me, Hondo, gamagin, MDABE, Jazz ect) heading up the committment to play together over the summer. Is Dower saying that Kelly is going to be on campus this summer? Wow! That would be great. I thought he was going to be playing for Canada over the summer.I'd be surprised if Kelly and Rob didn't end up playing for the Canadian National Team this summer, but I haven't seen anything about tryouts or camp so far.

The two Mathises are on the rosters for their respective U20 teams, heading for the tournament in Bilboa in July.

DixieZag
05-17-2011, 11:54 AM
I can't begrude any kid for playing with his countries' colors on - and I think it is more important that a nucleus of the young players be the ones that are on campus - Dower, Carter, Bell, Hart, Dranginis, Landry - - they are the ones that need to gell with each other. If big Rob is there to keep everyone on a leash, great, but - ah, I also trust Sam and Carter to do the same absent Rob - they seem like mature, no b.s. types.

cjm720
05-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Love this:

“Our guys are mature enough to know what their roles are and they don’t take anything personally,” Sacre said. “We’re such a family on this team that guys will pick each other up when the other guy is down. No matter what, we all want to be successful and we all want each other to be successful.”

Zig-Zag
05-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Sacre and Harris staying in Spokane this Summer, Kelley will proably be playing international. Keita and Morninghof back to Europe.

DADoZAG
05-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Sam Dower is back in the 509, after a brief vacation back home in Minnesota. I think the guys are going to be really focused this summer on working together to get better. Sam's tweet today:

@SammyDthaMan
Samuel Dower Jr.

Finally my bro @BigKelz13 [Kelly Olynyk] is back. Now waiting for mr carter to get back then its time get it goin

12 hours ago via Twitter for Android

Looks like the vets are trying to get a good headstart on the newcomers who won't be on campus until June 25.

Does this mean the wrist is healed? Did I miss an anouncement earlier?

Go ZAGS!

ZagNative
05-17-2011, 01:26 PM
Sacre and Harris staying in Spokane this Summer, Kelley will proably be playing international. Keita and Morninghof back to Europe.So that's for sure about Sacre and Harris not playing international ball this summer?

Goshzagit
05-17-2011, 02:31 PM
As of yesterday, "Mr. Carter" said his wrist is still bothering him for some reason, yet shouldn't based on his recent MRI's/xray's, which were both negative. Dribbling with his rt hand is the biggest issue. He mentioned he's able to play through it & will continue to treat it post-activity, but looking forward to a "big season ahead". That's it for now...MCII did state the Trainers told him to lay low for 4 weeks, but he's committed to playing through it since Dr.'s gave him the go ahead in April...

GoZags
05-17-2011, 03:08 PM
So that's for sure about Sacre and Harris not playing international ball this summer?

Yes. And I say that because the post is from zig-zag.,,,,

Angelo Roncalli
05-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Yes. And I say that because the post is from zig-zag.,,,,

Zig-Zag is an impeccable source...

willandi
05-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Zig-Zag is an impeccable source...

I used to know the Zig Zag man well, and he always did right by me!!