PDA

View Full Version : OT: "Off the Rez" Movie--Shoni Schimmel

ID ZAGFAN
05-13-2011, 09:53 AM
This movie about Shoni Schimmel--currently playing for Louisville as we all know--will be shown tomorrow on TLC (Channel 183 on Dish) at 6:00 PM.

Link to review and conversation with the filmmaker:

http://www.slamonline.com/online/college-hs/college/2011/04/new-movie-off-the-rez/

ZaGranny

Zagineer
05-13-2011, 09:04 PM
For the Seattle area Comcast customers, that will be:

6:00 pm on 669, TLC HD

and

9:00 pm on 38, TLC standard

I have a very busy weekend ahead of me doing final preps for a mid-week conference, but I might just take a couple hours off to watch. If I can't, at the least, I'll record and watch when I can.

Thanks for the heads up, ZG. I would have missed it otherwise.

ID ZAGFAN
05-14-2011, 11:53 AM
This movie about Shoni Schimmel--currently playing for Louisville as we all know--will be shown tomorrow on TLC (Channel 183 on Dish) at 6:00 PM.

Link to review and conversation with the filmmaker:

http://www.slamonline.com/online/college-hs/college/2011/04/new-movie-off-the-rez/

ZaGranny

The Spokesman review has it listed only at 9:00 PM on TLC, but my dish guide on my remote has it listed at both 6:00 and 9:00.

ZaGranny

Oldsport
05-14-2011, 03:23 PM
6 pm pdt

ID ZAGFAN
05-14-2011, 07:19 PM
It is a wonderful film. If you did not get a chance to watch it at six, I recommend taping it at 9 and watching it when you can.

ZaGranny

GFGU
05-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Those of you without the TLC channel, myself included, can find a 9 minute preview of this movie on youtube. Search for "Off The Rez". It's a clip by ESPN's, Hannah Storm.

The most entertaining live basketball game I've seen was a 3A state playoff game in Flagstaff between Tuba City (Navajo reservation) and Globe (San Carlos Apache reservation nearby) in the early 1990s. Rez ball at its finest. The most passionate basketball fans in Arizona reside in places like Ganado, Kayenta, Window Rock and Chinle; not in McKale Center like so many UofA Wildcats fans like to say.