Which team are you most excited to play next season (OOC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Baldwinzag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Which team are you most excited to play next season (OOC)

Who are you most excited to play and why?
    Arizona
    25.23%
    Notre Dame
    14.95%
    Michigan St
    34.58%
    WSU
    3.74%
    Baylor
    5.61%
    Xavier
    10.28%
    Illinois
    2.80%
    Other?
    2.80%

The poll is expired.

“You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.
  • LongIslandZagFan
    • Feb 2007

Between my parents there are 5 degrees from MSU... I lived on the campus with my mom when Magic was there. Needless to say I love the green and white... Just not as much as my Zags.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• gu03alum
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

I voted MSU too. I probably would have gone with Arizona if Derrick Williams was returning.
      Bring back the OCC

Comment

• Goshzagit
        Zag for Life
        • Dec 2007

Unreal list, but gotta go with Xavier. With Tu Holloway returning and their best shooter coming off medical RS, they're most likely a Top-15(10?) team next season.

Jesuits vs Jesuits. I like the sound of it...hope we continue to play them every year. After this season playing at the Cintas Center, I could really see this matchup budding into a fantastic rivalry b/w two Power Non-BCS schools. Just feels better playing them than Memphis for some reason.

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
          Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
          • Feb 2007

Edited to add: BLAH BLAH BLAH, nevermind.

And yes, ditto to Goshzagit, that list is RIDICULOUS.
          Last edited by gozagswoohoo; 05-12-2011, 06:51 AM. Reason: I can't read.
          Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• jazzdelmar
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

zona

miller stayed and he has a great group coming in....zona is what passes for college bb royalty west of the rockies now that ucla is so down.....

Comment

• Birddog
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Even though it's no longer going to be considered OOC, I went with Baylor
              BYU does not stand for Baylor. Psych major rearing it's ugly head again, I assume.
              Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
              Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
              All mimsy were the borogoves,
              And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• rijman
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2009

I'm going with Notre Dame, looking for some revenge. One of my best friends is a ND guy and he does nothing but talk up the big east all during the season.
                It's not the size of the Bulldog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Bulldog!

GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• Reborn
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2007

Michigan State for me. And they're coming into K2. Far Out!!! Yes, I'm from the 60's. Beating a Tom Izzo team would be sweet. They will be very hungry next year; so watch out Zags. It would be a great OOC win for the Zags and get us solidly into the top 20.

Second for me is Notre Dame. The Irish are coming into the Kennel also. I was raised a Catholic, and in my era that meant you were a Notre Dame fan. This was long before the era of Gonzaga. Zag fans have got to be excited about the teams coming into Spokane next year. It will be a season to remember for sure. The same thing I said about MS applies here. These two victories keep us in the top 20.
                  Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Birddog View Post
                    BYU does not stand for Baylor. Psych major rearing it's ugly head again, I assume.
                    D'oh!

No, it's actually my C- in Basic English 101 and a minor in ADHD rearing it's ugly head.

Okay, I need to change my answer, haha. My bad Baldwinzag.

Comment

• Baldwinzag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Suppose I should have added if the match-ups were (home) or (away).

Mich St in K2 will be stellar. Have we EVER had this type of blue-blooded program visit the Kennel? I can't think of one...

No love for the WSU game, eh? This will be vindicating and reclaiming our stake as the basketball power of the Inland NW(would be the entire NW if UW, well...you know).

Personally, I'm most excited to host Tom Izzo and Mich St at the MAC. However, from a pure match-up/entertainment/rivalry standpoint, I've gotta go with the Xavier game. I have a feeling this is going to develop into a long-standing serious b/w the two schools fighting for the right to "mid-major" supremacy.

6 more months...
                      “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

• CDC84
                        Super Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

It has to be Michigan State, and 50% of the reason (or more) is that the game will take place at K2. How often do you get one of the absolute best college basketball programs in the nation to play in your home gym for a non-conference game?

Comment

• jbslicer
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Izzo and Heathcote in the MAC. Worth of ESPN game day if played on a Saturday.

Comment

• kitzbuel
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                            It has to be Michigan State, and 50% of the reason (or more) is that the game will take place at K2. How often do you get one of the absolute best college basketball programs in the nation to play in your home gym for a non-conference game?
                            It would be awesome if it could be an OT thriller of Maui proportions.
                            'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                            - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
                              It would be awesome if it could be an OT thriller of Maui proportions.
                              I am certain that this game shaved about 4 years off of my life. My heart has never pounded THAT hard for THAT long.

Comment

Working...
                              X