PDA

View Full Version : The Draft Deadline has Ended: Who wins?

BobZag
05-09-2011, 09:03 AM
WSU lost Thompson and Casto.

Does Gonzaga stand a prayer of taking back Inland Northwest superiority once again?

Other teams?

HillBillyZag
05-09-2011, 09:24 AM
I would be willing to bet Jim Hayford will bring new life to the Eastern Eagles.
When he has his team, they will be a tough out . Jim is a class guy and a great coach , they stole a gem . When he has his players , that's a series we should resume, count on it , they will compete and be well coached , it would be a good thing for both schools . Same with Larry K at Wyoming , another team that down the road will be the same .

cggonzaga
05-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Clearly no teams in the NBA! This draft class sucks.

cjm720
05-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Xavier and Pitt

Goshzagit
05-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Clearly no teams in the NBA! This draft class sucks.

+1

The worst draft class I've seen in a decade.

The only sure-fire/can't miss prospects pulled their names outta the draft and elected to stay in school another year i.e. Jared Sullinger(OSU), Terrance Jones(UK), Harrison Barnes (UNC), etc. You could say Derrick Williams was one of the best college players, yet even he came out of relative nowhere from HS and is a bit of a "tweener" at the next level(PF or SF? Not amazing at either, just really really good in college). The aforementioned seemed to be Top-10 picks. Pretty suprising decisions abound, especially by Sullinger.

I think we'll see stronger teams next season than last due to this anomaly.

Kyrie Irving was outstanding for Duke this past year, but him being projected as the #1 overall pick in this particular class says it all, imo. Irving is solid PG, but he's no Derrick Rose -- not even close.

Too bad Elias was unable to return to form, b/c even if woulda been able to duplicate even his Frosh #'s, he'd be a 1st Rounder THIS year.

Zagpower
05-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Texas got crushed. They lost their only three returning starters after Tristan Thompson, Cory Joseph and Jordan Hamilton all remained in the draft.

Winners were North Carolina and Ohio State when Barnes and Sullinger decided to return.

CDC84
05-09-2011, 09:58 AM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2011-05-09/nba-draft-scorecard-underclassmen-winners-and-losers

jpwils
05-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Some winners include:

North Carolina- three big guns stayed in school plus new recruits! Possibly the biggest winner in terms of retaining championship pieces.

Ohio State- Gotta replace some seniors who graduated but Sullinger will be even better!

Pitt- Gibbs returns to balance out great recruiting class coming in-Pitt will be
good again next year!

Duke- Irving goes to pros and Smith graduates- makes room for Rivers who will eventually be a stud. Three Plumlee brothers!

Kentucky- loses Knight and Liggans but keeps Jones for one more yr

Losers

BYU- will have a tough time replacing Jimmer and other graduating Seniors
in terms of point production

UConn- will be solid but tuff to replace Walker as winner. Still an upper echelon Big East team,though.

BobZag
05-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Butler loses Mack. They'll be interesting to keep an eye on.

tyra
05-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Tony Wroten.

ZagKing09
05-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Tony Wroten.

but not Marcus Capers who is the only remaining member of his recruiting class - and likely won't be around to see Wroten reach his potential.

UberZagFan
05-09-2011, 02:52 PM
but not Marcus Capers who is the only remaining member of his recruiting class - and likely won't be around to see Wroten reach his potential.

Huh?

HillBillyZag
05-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Did I completely miss your meaning ?, or only opine on two parts of a three part post ?