PDA

View Full Version : Letter to Sports Page: Meech

ID ZAGFAN
05-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Couldn't figure out what to highlight so am including all of this letter as well as the link.

ZaGranny

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/may/08/bulldogs-meech-will-be-missed/

Quote:
May 8, 2011 in Sports
Letter: Bulldogs’ ‘Meech’ will be missed
The Spokesman-Review

I was saddened to read (last week) that Demetri Goodson is leaving Gonzaga University.

As a professor at Gonzaga and a basketball fan, I have had the pleasure of knowing “Meech” in the classroom and on the court.

I want to publicly thank him for all he has done for Gonzaga basketball, but even more important, as a student in my class. I appreciate his demeanor in class and group work, his ability to take difficult class concepts and make sense of them, and his capacity for sticking with something until he would get it done.

Demetri would show a quiet dignity and politeness in the classroom and then he would play tenacious basketball on the court later in the day. He will be missed at Gonzaga. He is a special young man who I look for great things from in the future.

John Caputo

Professor of Communication and Leadership, Gonzaga University

Birddog
05-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Very nice and you know, I sort of expected as much, since all reports on Meech's demeanor/behavior have been positive, just like on the court.

rijman
05-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Good stuff. Thanks for the link.

kitzbuel
05-08-2011, 11:17 AM
The good news for Meech is that he will be successful. He definitely displays great leadership traits and has a solid work ethic.

Good luck and you will be missed.

SWZag
05-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Great post!!!! Thanks for sharing.

I wish I could tell Mr. Caputo and personally tell him that I appreciate him taking the time and energy to say some pretty special things about a pretty special person. Not often do athletes at top programs get this sort of recognition for their time spent in the classroom.

Thanks, Meech for your time spent at GU. We hope some of the other guys learned something from your example.

SWZag

webspinnre
05-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Excellent. Very nice letter by Prof. Caputo, I've got to think Meech will appreciate it.

lawprof99
05-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Professor Caputo's letter says more about a very good Gonzaga athlete than anything Meech, or any GU athlete can accomplish. No matter how well Meech does in his future with athletics, John's letter is something he can be very, very proud of.

Hoopaholic
05-08-2011, 06:06 PM
agree Law....and NO matter what Meech does it appears he is well grounded and will make an extraordinary contribution to society I have no doubt....

Zag79
05-09-2011, 09:38 PM
no doubt we would have been better next year with him, not a question. meech was a stud.