PDA

View Full Version : Pargo's Maccabi Tel Aviv team playing in Euroleague Championship

SWZag
05-08-2011, 02:33 AM
TV Schedule (http://www.euroleague.net/main/tv/by-date) - US coverage on NBATV and ESPN3. Canada coverage on NBATV.

Hopefully Jeremy can have another great game!! 730am PST.

SWZag

stretchlimo
05-08-2011, 06:29 AM
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/stretchlimo1/pargo4-1.png

it's game time...

bballbeachbum
05-08-2011, 06:39 AM
there he goes...drive and dish for 3!!!

bballbeachbum
05-08-2011, 06:55 AM
pick and roll, pick and roll, pick and roll.......make Diamantidis a finisher; he has no interest in the rim, wants to pass every time; he's been that player every time I've seen him, and got it done 1st quarter

stretchlimo
05-08-2011, 07:22 AM
pick and roll, pick and roll, pick and roll.......make Diamantidis a finisher; he has no interest in the rim, wants to pass every time; he's been that player every time I've seen him, and got it done 1st quarter

Speaking of pick and roll...

When Maccabi is on offense, Id almost rather see less ball screening when Jeremy has the rock. imo, the screen from the big too often gets in the way, and Id just as soon have Jeremy isolated, in space, against his defending guard. Hes so good at breaking people down 1-on-1. Give him the floor and let him go to work!

Still in good shape at the half. MTA down by only 3, 33-30. Jeremy with 2 points, 3 assists, 3 rebounds, 2 steals, and 2 turnovers.

bballbeachbum
05-08-2011, 07:35 AM
fun game. Jeremy has Calathes in front of him, who has done a good job staying there, with big help coming anytime JP puts it on the floor

Greeks look to double the pick and roll; leaves the help side corner J open; Maccabi started to exploit that, but are getting smoked in the paint. Greeks very organized defensively, aggressively clamping down in the post, too, and they're long; they play to their strengths nicely, eh?

in general, the refs sure do see the game differently over there

stretchlimo
360 layup!!!

bballbeachbum
Speaking of pick and roll...

When Maccabi is on offense, Id almost rather see less ball screening when Jeremy has the rock. imo, the screen from the big too often gets in the way, and Id just as soon have Jeremy isolated, in space, against his defending guard. Hes so good at breaking people down 1-on-1. Give him the floor and let him go to work!

Still in good shape at the half. MTA down by only 3, 33-30. Jeremy with 2 points, 3 assists, 3 rebounds, 2 steals, and 2 turnovers.

like that 360??? insanity!!!!

bballbeachbum
05-08-2011, 07:36 AM
360 layup!!!

yeehowwwwwww!!!

bballbeachbum
05-08-2011, 07:40 AM
in general, the refs sure do see the game differently over there

hilarious whistles, seriously

edit: the non-whistles=comedy

bballbeachbum
05-08-2011, 07:53 AM
Greeks up 11 after 3; it's their defense

oops...make that with a minute to go 3rd

edit: up 11 after all. Romaine Sato, remember him? 3 3s in the quarter

bballbeachbum
05-08-2011, 08:09 AM
:lmao:

stretchlimo
05-08-2011, 08:30 AM
7-0 MTA run cuts the deficit to 5. 1:20 left.

bballbeachbum
05-08-2011, 08:36 AM
4 w/ :19 left...

...but now toast

not Jeremy's best game in this run for sure; they schemed to keep him away from the rim, and to deny Sofo on the post, pretty effectively too

sure has been fun to watch JP again

cheers stretch

stretchlimo
05-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Watching Sato and Nicholas drilling all those J's, can't help but think Doron Perkins would've made a difference. But in the end, I think bball's right...Pan's team D (esp the rim protectors) was a little too much for MTA.

But it doesn't take away from the outstanding Euroleague season Jeremy had. Stock up, and future very, very bright!

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/stretchlimo1/pargo5-1.jpg

Congrats, Jeremy.

ZagNative
05-08-2011, 08:46 AM
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Screenprints/2011-05-08PargoBoxScore.jpg

ZagNative
05-08-2011, 09:30 AM
From Eurobasket (http://www.eurobasket.com/Israel/basketball.asp?NewsID=225452), before the game:
Portland and NOH Scouting Jeremy Pargo - May 8, 2011 (by David Pick, Barcelona)

Two of Europe's most prestigious basketball organizations, Maccabi Tel-Aviv & Panathinsikos, will take the parquet floor at the Palau Sant Jordi arena, Barcelona, Spain, for the clash of the titans and the battle of David versus Goliath, in the Euroleagues final game.

The finals will also contain a classic battle between two of the very best point guards to play this season in the Euroleague, Dimitris Diamantidis and Jeremy Pargo . Who will shine and who will excel is yet to be determined, however, Eurobasket.com was informed that several NBA team scouts and representatives will follow Pargo during the final game.

Amongst the different NBA teams who are scouting the young Chicago native, are the Portland Trail Blazers and the New Orleans Hornets.

Pargo, a European Superstar, is ranked high up the list on most of the scouting reports as he enjoys a superb Euroleague Rookie season, averaging 13 ppg, 3.9 rpg, and 3.5 apg. In the Semi Finals against Real Madrid, Pargo met his yearly number scoring 13 points, but has improved his assists average, passing out a total of 7 to his teammates.

'Eurobasket.com' spoke with Pargo's representatives, who have made it clear that the human highlight real is determined to follow his quest and make it to the NBA. Many scouts and sports analysts already believe that the point guard has proven himself thus far worthy to play with the big boys, and if he does put on yet another expected show this afternoon, Europe might have to say its last goodbyes to Jeremy Pargo.
From elsewhere on the net:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_UkLNCxT74w4/TcbUNMibrPI/AAAAAAABRT0/20Mq6JuLxuA/2011-05-08%20Jeremy%20Pago%20Final-2.jpg
The American basse Maccabi Electra Jeremy Pargo (c) controls the ball with Panathinaikos players Dimitris Diamantidis (i) and Ian Vougioukas during the final of the Euroleague both teams played in the Palau Sant Jordi in Barcelona.

ZagNative
05-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Euroleague TV Play of the night, Pargo 360 (http://euroleague.infrontams.tv/index.php?id=4970)

SWZag
05-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Thanks ZN. That was awesome to watch during the game. Pargo seems to be getting better and better and more spectacular the more he plays. Amazing body control. That's the type of thing you try in your driveway (and it hardly ever works even then!)

SWZag

zagfan07
05-08-2011, 02:08 PM
I was totally impressed with how Jeremy played today. He knew the defense was keying on him so he was intent on getting his teammates involved in the game. You can really see how he's matured as a point guard since his time at GU.

He can still break guys down off the dribble with the best of them, but I saw 6-7 instances where he found the open shooter in the corner or the wing when the double teams came on dribble drives. Some of the shots didn't go in, but the passes were spot on. IMO, its his biggest improvement in his game since leaving Spokane. He looked much more like a natural point guard out there today than I can ever remember.