PDA

View Full Version : Suprise, suprise, Stuckey invited to Green Room

thespywhozaggedme
06-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Boy, I guess his stock has skyrocketd. Good for him.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/46680/20070625/stuckey_the_surprise_of_the_green_room_list/

Zag79
06-26-2007, 01:06 AM
kid can flat out ball, obviously. how ewu ever lucked out on that one.

MickMick
06-26-2007, 02:20 AM
Did Gonzaga ever have him on the radar?

Robzagnut
06-26-2007, 07:28 AM
I read the Sporting News last night and the word is that Detroit has a 'deal' with him and will take him at #15.

CDC84
06-26-2007, 07:40 AM
I read the Sporting News last night and the word is that Detroit has a 'deal' with him and will take him at #15.

Apparently it's been a deal for quite some time. The Pistons really like him.

Stuckey may have been on Gonzaga's radar for awhile, but due to his academic issues in HS, they couldn't pursue it. The WCC doesn't allow Prop 48 kids. He wasn't an unknown recruit in high school....I believe he was in a few top 100's, or very close to them. Needless to say, it didn't take Stuckey very long to turn his academics around....which is why I continually argue that you can't just assume that a poor/mediocre HS student will be a lousy college student. So often these things are changed around through being in a new environment that inspires learning, etc.

former1dog
06-26-2007, 08:18 AM
....which is why I continually argue that you can't just assume that a poor/mediocre HS student will be a lousy college student. So often these things are changed around through being in a new environment that inspires learning, etc.

I couldn't agree more. I was a poor student in high school up until 11th grade when I finally got my head out of my keister, but not in enough time to totally save my GPA. When I got to GU I did just fine. I'm sure there are a lot of folks with similar experiences.

lawzag
06-26-2007, 10:18 AM
good for Stuckey - he was definitely a one-man show at EWU last year. I hope things go well for him in the NBA.