PDA

View Full Version : Let try to guess the future of our new Zags.

GodZaga76
05-06-2011, 01:17 PM
So just for fun, and to get off all these transferring topics, I want to know how many years will our new Zags coming in play. Do you think they will all stay till through there senior season? Or will some jump to NBA before or uh oh transfer. Please don't post just to say you cant tell right now, I know this thats why this is just for fun.

Birddog
05-06-2011, 04:24 PM
So we haven't beaten this dead horse quite enough yet. Now we are asked to beat it from another angle and predict the future even though you state you want to get off these transferring topics. I don't get it.

and to get off all these transferring topics

Or will some jump to NBA before or uh oh transfer

MickMick
05-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Gonna be a relatively rough start.

"Fans" will throw 1 or 2 true freshman under the bus.

We will read about the failures of Few ad naueseum.

Zags will finish strong, freshman will vastly improve over the course of the season, and GU will win the WCC.

"Fans" will yawn and begin complaining about not reaching the final four.

I think I will bookmark this for posterity. Then again you don't have to have paranormal ability to predict this. Indeed, I probably shouldn't book mark it because it is too predictable. Regardless, that is next season in a nutshell.

GodZaga76
05-06-2011, 05:18 PM
So we haven't beaten this dead horse quite enough yet. Now we are asked to beat it from another angle and predict the future even though you state you want to get off these transferring topics. I don't get it.

Actually im not beating any horses hear, just thought it would be fun to see what people thought, like maybe do you think Bell will leave early for NBA. I myself don't care if a kid wants to transfer thats up to him.

Zag 77
05-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Please don't post just to say you cant tell right now,

I can't tell right now. We have not even seen them yet.

:roll:

Reborn
05-06-2011, 10:21 PM
I haven't used my crystal ball since the BYU game. Let me get it out and see what I see.......

Pangos leaves after his Sophomore year. To the surprise of everyone Sarbough beats out Pangos. Bell leaves after his Junior year for the NBA.

I think Monninghoff will leave after next season. Keita surprises everyone and starts his Senior year, and goes on to have a good season in Europe.

Saxon_zag
05-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Pangos leaves after his Sophomore year. To the surprise of everyone Sarbough beats out Pangos. Bell leaves after his Junior year for the NBA.

:roll::roll:

IowaZag
05-08-2011, 07:06 PM
Reborn, you must have an older model crystal ball. I've got the iCrystal4G (yep, it both predicts the future and browses the web), which shows me that:

Few establishes a tight 8-man rotation of Stockton, Carter, Harris, Dower, Sacre, Olynyk, Keita, and Hart. (Monninghoff takes a redshirt year; spends it learning the art of the quick release from Derek Raivio.) This rotation is used for the entire season. Gonzaga wins the conference title once again.

Disgruntled at their lack of playing time, Bell, Pangos, Dranginis, Sarbaugh, Spangler, and Landry form a Gonzaga "B team" in January, bringing the conference to an even 10 teams. The newcomers finish fourth in the WCC.

Take it to the bank, folks.

jpwils
05-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Pangos comes in and starts off with a bang- starts by second game of season
Plays 2/3 of game by year end. All-WCC soph yr.

Bell starts immediately and averages 12 points on season. All WCC second yr on campus. Honorable mention All American jr yr.

Spangler redshirts due to minutes- is Dower-like his first season after red-shirting. All-WCC his junior yr. Injuries play a role in his minutes during his career.

Dranginis redshirts and starts half the games his first year after red-shirting.
Becomes our Richie Frahm-type against zones,etc.

Sarbaugh is best 6th man in conference by jr yr. He becomes a huge fan fav.

Landry plays alot this year.

mgadfly
05-09-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm predicting that 5 guys wearing GU uniforms will start and several players will come in at different points of the game. I am further predicting that I will root for them.

I further predict the following:

I will try to refrain from bad mouthing any 18-21 year old ameatuer athletes.

I will try to give them the benefit of the doubt, whenever possible.

I will assume that they work hard in practice, even if they are a step slow rotating on defense, or don't seem to understand the offense.

I will try to give coach Few the benefit of the doubt that he actually knows what he is doing.

I will make 1 to 5 posts regarding our statistical deficiencies in (a) defending the three point shot and (b) creating opponent turnovers.

I will stop coming to this message board by December 5th because too many people will be arguing that we bench our veterans in favor for unproven freshmen.

My favorite Zag will be Sam Dower.

I will actually watch the games with the sound on and listen to the announcers this season.

After the season (a second round loss in the NCAA), two players will transfer.

Reborn
05-10-2011, 07:07 AM
Reborn, you must have an older model crystal ball. I've got the iCrystal4G (yep, it both predicts the future and browses the web), which shows me that:

I really like my crystal ball. Like me, it's older for sure. hahaha But it does okay. It's wild like me, so at times it certainly makes wild predictions. Maybe what's wrong with this was my interpretation. Zagbuddy (thats what I call my crystal ball) just showed me that Sarbough is playing for Pangos. Maybe Pangos gets hurt. There was also a footnote on that page, and it said that the Zags had a top 50, four star pointguard coming into the program.