PDA

View Full Version : OT: a fun battle between two Canadian prep stars...

Goshzagit
04-28-2011, 08:00 AM
Kevin Pangos(future Zag) & Andrew Wiggins(future 1st Rounder).

I recall seeing this video clip on the boards before, but couldn't locate it via search function this time around.

Heck, I thought given the slower off-season ahead, its worth another look.

If you've never seen Pangos play(and I personally know some posters have not), this game tape provides a tremendous opportunity to gain a feel for Kevin's overall game i.e. passing, shooting, dribble-drive, awareness, court vision, etc. He scores 40+ pts in HS Tourney Championship game, albeit vs lesser talent, but the opposition is still relatively athletic/skilled.

He's such a natural on the court/with the ball/knack for scoring/utilizing his attributes to the fullest; there is no doubt he'll take time to acclimate to college hoops, but its just a matter of time before he makes his impact known at Gonzaga. He's too good of ball player, hard worker, and unbelievably smart to let it pass him by...anyway...

Take a few minutes and enjoy!! :)

Kevin Pangos vs Andrew Wiggins (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f84CrDPoLuI)

CanadianZagFan
04-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Kevin Pangos(future Zag) & Andrew Wiggins(future 1st Rounder).

I recall seeing this video clip on the boards before, but couldn't locate it via search function this time around.

Heck, I thought given the slower off-season ahead, its worth another look.

If you've never seen Pangos play(and I personally know some posters have not), this game tape provides a tremendous opportunity to gain a feel for Kevin's overall game i.e. passing, shooting, dribble-drive, awareness, court vision, etc. He scores 40+ pts in HS Tourney Championship game, albeit vs lesser talent, but the opposition is still relatively athletic/skilled.

He's such a natural on the court/with the ball/knack for scoring/utilizing his attributes to the fullest; there is no doubt he'll take time to acclimate to college hoops, but its just a matter of time before he makes his impact known at Gonzaga. He's too good of ball player, hard worker, and unbelievably smart to let it pass him by...anyway...

Take a few minutes and enjoy!! :)

Kevin Pangos vs Andrew Wiggins (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f84CrDPoLuI)

This if far from true, Andrew Wiggins, although young is arguably the best player in North America at his age (16), his point guard, Henry Tan is a top 25 (#4 pg) player in the 2013 class, and we all know the caliber of the Canadian PG crop lately, they also have another guard rated top 30 in Canada for his year as well. This is far from lesser competition.

cjm720
04-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Wiggins has some serious upside for his age. And Pangos had no prob beating him off the dribble. Canadaland is producing some good talent.

Goshzagit
04-28-2011, 08:41 AM
This if far from true, Andrew Wiggins, although young is arguably the best player in North America at his age (16), his point guard, Henry Tan is a top 25 (#4 pg) player in the 2013 class, and we all know the caliber of the Canadian PG crop lately, they also have another guard rated top 30 in Canada for his year as well. This is far from lesser competition.

All the more impressive then, eh? :)

I was just stating what many people may be thinking as they watch the tape, so I appreciate the informed clarification.

As you can tell from my IP, I'm all for promoting KP's abilities, not diminishing his skills by any means...