PDA

View Full Version : CBS poll post draft deadline: Zags are fine.

MDABE80
04-27-2011, 10:33 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/14991486/top-25-and-one-nba-draft-deadline-edition

We've had lots of excitement over new faces the past few weeks. Notice we're doing well with the faces we already have in the fold....including the new recruits.
Even without a mention of Sarbaugh or Dranginis, seems like we're holding our own. Not sure we'll get much higher unless there's some shockers in the draft.....

Honestly, given the players detailed as returnees, I wonder why we aren't higher in this poll. It's quite a list. Offseason polls don't mean all that much but they do have some indicators. Six months, we'll know more. Six months!!
I'm in trouble already!!! Anyway..offseason is fun......we build our own dreams.

ZagNative
04-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Jeff Goodman (http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/story/Goodman-early-preseason-Top-25-for-2011-12-042511) has the Zags up a couple of spots higher, at #20.

I don't know how these guys can prognosticate at this point, though. I remember last season, when we were ranked pretty high in preseason predictions and then pretty much fell off everyone's top 25 after a couple of losses.

It's going to be fun to see how it shakes out when the season stats. Six months? Argh!
s

MDABE80
04-27-2011, 11:07 AM
If, as we all know already, PG play will get the Zags to the higher level (as Goodman points out)...we should be ok. We have some very good ones sooon to be on campus. I still think that David (in his 2nd year) will surprise as he gets better and better. I know I won't sleep on him. No doubt though we're flush with good PG material and very good wings. Next year is shaping up as a banner year.

Fall's practices will tell us more as will the first few games. Still though, the team we had at the end of the season staged a shocking comeback. That team is the team we 'll have to greet us. I suspect we'll be a lot better and more coinsistent. Kudos again to our kids for the way the played the season from February on. Just so much courage to come back from the mess we had the first few months.

VaBeachZAG
04-27-2011, 01:17 PM
BYU nowhere in sight. Not surprisingly so, but I still remember some boneheads coming on this board and declaring BYU the new top dog in the WCC. BYU will certainly be a conference top tier and very competitive team, but they will have to earn their way to the top and, in my view, it's not going to happen in 2011-2012!