PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Video of 6'11" Robert Upshaw

BobZag
04-25-2011, 10:30 AM
http://ucla.scout.com/2/1067055.html

It's subscription.

On one hand, he is like a taller, longer, bigger Sam Dower. He can really clog up the middle, protect the rim, swat shots and just shoot over everyone. He has some nice moves inside, as well, and a nice left or right hook shot. Has good, soft hands.

One the other hand, he looks slow with a questionable motor, and has a tendency to be a spectater. He also appears to be a bit soft, though that is harder to see than anything else in this short clip.

To summarize, I'd take him in a heartbeat, but I'd rather have Skylar Spencer with Anthony Bennett (I can dream) and the quick, athleticism and skills they both possess.

ZagNative
04-25-2011, 10:46 AM
So do we know that the staff is pursuing his kid?

BobZag
04-25-2011, 11:09 AM

I hope so. Donny went to watch him last week.

kingzag
04-25-2011, 11:25 AM
I hope so. Donny went to watch him last week.

Has he received an offer? Remember, Theo said we should not even think about a recruit until he has received an offer.

Angelo Roncalli
04-25-2011, 11:29 AM

We're already recruiting his kid? Precocious fellow. :)

BobZag
04-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Has he received an offer? Remember, Theo said we should not even think about a recruit until he has received an offer.

Well, I would offer him. :) Kind of a no-brainer, imo. Top-75 kid. Now, whether the interest is mutual since Donny's visit, that's unknown yet.

ZagNative
04-25-2011, 11:34 AM
We're already recruiting his kid? Precocious fellow. :)Time to turn the old laptop over and give it a sharp rap to dislodge the cookie crumbs that are making my keys stick.

BobZag
04-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Time to turn the old laptop over and give it a sharp rap to dislodge the cookie crumbs that are making my keys stick.

Weird how just a single letter can change the whole meaning of something. I've been guilty of it plenty.

Angelo Roncalli
04-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Time to turn the old laptop over and give it a sharp rap to dislodge the cookie crumbs that are making my keys stick.

Ahh...it made me laugh, ZN. A little sunshine on pretty dreary day in the 206.

hooter73
04-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Im tired of seeing players waiting and spectating; usually happens on the perimiter but give me Spencer and or Bennett in this case.

cjm720
04-25-2011, 11:48 AM
has he received an offer? Remember, theo said we should not even think about a recruit until he has received an offer.

lol