• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GSL-KID
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2007

Any summer scrimmage news / update ???

With the HS kids coming in July, any wrap-up for the month of June ??
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

Yes, soon. I'll be at GU Camp later. I'll have time tomorrow, hopefully.

Ira is better than expected.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• MickMick
      Zag for Life
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
      Gasp
      I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• brasszag
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
        Yes, soon. I'll be at GU Camp later. I'll have time tomorrow, hopefully.

Given what a lot of us are expecting based purely on his physical "stats" - that's a scary thought.
        There's no such thing as "garbage time" - there's only the time to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

That is what is best about being a Zag.

Comment

• xjzico
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Feb 2007

So Ira's a bit more than a hustle/junk type player?
          We lost, we won; either way we had fun. - Eduardo Galeano

Comment

BZ writes, "Ira is better than expected."

I kind of thought so too. In my gut. While I was reading the posts this morning on our guard (so called) problems, I began thinking about Ira. No one has mentioned his name as a part-time, fill-in point guard (if someone got in foul trouble). And then while reading the post on defensive problems on our team, I also thought about Ira. I mean the guy is what? 6'4" 235, and is athletic as hell!!! I've not seen him play, but in my subconscious I see him as pretty quick, pretty tough, and can get in your face on D. I'm just hoping that the subconscious becomes more conscious, and the more BobZ writes the more I feel it is.

I like it when Bob makes these very short posts that leave your mind filled with imagination. I mean better than expected at what???? I'm wondering if that means he can jump over the backboard? Or does it mean he can handle the ball like Drav? And pass like Stepp? Or does it mean he's tougher than Errol?

I mean it's this very thing that I've been talking about for months now. This group of incoming players WILL challenge the starters for playing time....And is it too far fetched to merely think that one or two of them might become starters around December 1, 2007?

WOW!!! MY IMAGINATION IS FIRED UP!!! And I like that.

Comment

• Zag79
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

So Ira's a bit more than a hustle/junk type player?

Comment

• mendiant
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I picked up my DD Charity Tickets yesterday at the MAC and heard the unmistakable sounds of BB being played (the squeaking shoes and running feet). It was ALL I COULD DO to not run up and take a peak.

I think I parked next to Josh's infamous gold trail blazer; and when I left, Coach Few was on his way in.

<sigh>
                Last edited by mendiant; 06-26-2007, 05:29 PM. Reason: other stuff
                A Zag is generous.

A Zag knows he is much more than the sum of his stats.

A Zag has a desire to be part of something that is bigger than himself.

Comment

What did you see, Mendiant? Care to share?

Comment

• mendiant
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Nothing dear, I resisted the temptation and left the building...
                    A Zag is generous.

A Zag knows he is much more than the sum of his stats.

A Zag has a desire to be part of something that is bigger than himself.

Comment

• mdZag23
                      Kennel Club Material
                      • Feb 2007

Ira Impression

I got a chance to see him up close and in person at a recent GU camp for kids and parents. My first impression when I saw him in the gym was.....what is Joey Porter doing at the MAC. He looks like a middle linebacker!

One of the staff gave us a run down of some of the things that they are working on with Ira. Evindently, he played in a pretty free flowing offense at his JC and there was not a lot of set offense. So he has some work to do working within the system, learning to catch and square up(get ready to shoot), and how to work off picks in their set offense.

The one thing that they did say was that they were pleasently surprised at how well he handled and shot the ball.

The impression is that he is going to be a big asset to the team.

On another note, we got to run with some of the players and although 40 YO men are not a good measuring stick to compare D1 talent to, LG looked really good handling and shooting the ball. As long as he gets his confidence back, I think he's going to get quite a few minutes.

Comment

• Zag79
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

LG looked really good handling and shooting the ball. As long as he gets his confidence back, I think he's going to get quite a few minutes.
                        agreed. this is one player that i keep seeing people forget to mention. onc ehe get sthe rust of he will be seeing plenty of action and doing nice things.

Comment

• sonuvazag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zag79 View Post
                          agreed. this is one player that i keep seeing people forget to mention. onc ehe get sthe rust of he will be seeing plenty of action and doing nice things.
                          good looking out. what's hard to figure is how Few plans to use him. do bouldin and pargo and micah play less? so many others in line also. a great skill for next year's players will be to contribute 40 minutes of energy into 16-28 minutes of court time.
                          Agent provocateur

Comment

Working...
                          X