PDA

View Full Version : Cheer for Next Year

ZaggyStardust
04-24-2011, 08:31 PM
There were threads this year about better cheers for K2. Anyone watching the Lakers/Hornets game? The whole arena is chanting "BEAT L A" everytime the Lakers are on offense. It sounds awesome! I would love to hear everying in K2 cheering "Beat the Gaels" "Beat the Cougs" etc. It sure sounded impressive and intimidating!

EuroZag2010
04-24-2011, 08:51 PM
How about the "Kobe sucks" chant lol

ZagNut08
04-25-2011, 07:24 AM
Beat LA?! I can't believe nobody thought of that sooner...

zag944
04-25-2011, 07:36 AM
"Beat the (team)" should only be a cheer reserved for underdogs beating some one who has dominated. Let's not give the Gaels the satisfaction and send them home crying in their Beat the Zags t shirts.

I am all for K2 doing a Kobe Sucks cheer.

hooter73
04-25-2011, 07:47 AM
Search the Kennel Club on here, had a few threads a few months ago about their decline and promise they would get better. It didnt happen.

pargo4prez
04-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Seriously guys? Why are people talking badly about the KC...AGAIN? This year alone we added 3 new organized cheers and had on the spot cheers that came during the games. WHAT MORE DO YOU PEOPLE WANT?! There's not much the KC board, or anyone else, can do when a lot of the students come to the games because they think the basketball players are hot. The kids that camp out for 3 days for a basketball game or get in line for tickets 5 hours before the doors open are the kids that care. I don't think it's necessary for the entire KC to be bashed when most of the KC at the game is there for the game, to support the team, scream till their voices are gone, and have a good time...

hooter73
04-25-2011, 06:06 PM
Truth seems to hurt but I understand it. You're in a winless situation if the nationally known impossibly hard to play in atmosphere was attributed to pre (and during) game drinking and the days before the cellphone was a perminate fixture in peoples hands. But I don't buy that because if other schools can do it so can we. Leadership?

ZaggyStardust
04-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Beat LA?! I can't believe nobody thought of that sooner...

I guess you had to actually see it! It wasn't just "Beat LA" it was 20 plus thousand people on their feet waving their towels chanting in unison every time LA was on offense. No need to be so snarky!

hondo
04-25-2011, 07:16 PM
That's a very good idea Zaggy --anything simple that the whole crowd can do in unison can be very effective. I like it. Anything more complex and you lose half the crowd.

ZaggyG
04-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Just a general fact, the school has completely taken over the Kennel Club. There was an interview process for prospective board members, so leadership will be changing. I don't know what rules will be imposed, or anything else...it's all very new. There may or may not be improvement, I guess only time will tell.

ZagNut08
04-26-2011, 07:26 AM
I guess you had to actually see it! It wasn't just "Beat LA" it was 20 plus thousand people on their feet waving their towels chanting in unison every time LA was on offense. No need to be so snarky!

Been a Laker fan my whole life, seen it since I was born :)

Sorry, my response was a bit sarcastic, not enjoying the beatings NOLA is putting on LA.

LongIslandZagFan
04-26-2011, 08:10 AM
That's a very good idea Zaggy --anything simple that the whole crowd can do in unison can be very effective. I like it. Anything more complex and you lose half the crowd.

What hondo is saying is that the gray and white haired set need it simple to join in. :p

zag944
04-26-2011, 08:17 AM
Truth seems to hurt but I understand it. You're in a winless situation if the nationally known impossibly hard to play in atmosphere was attributed to pre (and during) game drinking and the days before the cellphone was a perminate fixture in peoples hands. But I don't buy that because if other schools can do it so can we. Leadership?

While I completely agree with you, there is something extremely funny to me about the call for better leadership with regards to getting students, half of which are underage, to drink.

my first two years were when it was student run KC, and I consider those pre and post parties one of the most vital parts of my GU experience. I was old enough to go to the bars when the school took it over, which I probably wouldve done in my jr. and sr. years anyways...but it was sad that the incoming classes wouldnt have as much leeway with regards to house parties...

hooter73
04-26-2011, 09:53 AM
While I completely agree with you, there is something extremely funny to me about the call for better leadership with regards to getting students, half of which are underage, to drink.

lol yep I love irony although I wasnt really saying the leadership should buy the booze. I think my point was more if you have to live within these restrictive rules but still want to have the title of "the hardest place in America to play" the leadership of the KC has to find a way to motivate and play within the rules. As it is it's a screwed if you do screwed if you dont deal.

ZaggyStardust
04-26-2011, 08:08 PM
What hondo is saying is that the gray and white haired set need it simple to join in. :p

Careful LIZF - Hondo and I are part of that set!!!!

gamagin
04-27-2011, 08:13 AM

Zaggy: do your best and have fun. That's what most of us do at the games. The center of attention has a lot to do with the action and reactions.

So if you can, develop some cheers, like those you suggest, and see if you can time them to the mood you see or the mood you'd like to set to raise the decibels with, go ahead and go for it.

it will come out fine. The less serious we all are about it, the more natural and spontaneous and fun it could all become. Mostly, the student section does a fine job.

The tempo & tension (or lack of tension) of the game has a lot to do with everyone's enthusiasm no matter what is attempted.