PDA

View Full Version : Zag Center: 7' Robert to 6'11" Robert

BobZag
04-16-2011, 10:41 AM
A perfect transition, wouldn't you say? Robert Sacre to...

Robert Upshaw, C, Dream Vision- Most courtside observers would have predicted that the nation's top player in the class of 2012 Andre Drummond would have had his way with Upshaw. For two plays early, Drummond did. After that Upshaw settled in and got the better of Drummond for much of the night.

He's a strong, back to the basket five-man with terrific hands and a feel for low post play. Finishes with soft touch and will be moving into at least four-star status in the next rankings.

I wish the Zag staff would get on this guy. Sounds like he may be blowing up.

MDABE80
04-16-2011, 11:34 AM
We'll need someone like this BZ. The years pass so quickly. We already know we need some big in the 2012 season. An athletic large center would fill the bill nicely. We're ok with PF and SF for the next few years. Guards too.

A big guy who can get some boards and is good around the basket would help a lot. For my part though..I'd take a 6 ft 9 in quick athletic big....it's all we need in college. SO much the better if we get a 7 footer though.

BobZag
04-17-2011, 10:11 AM
In the past two days, Upshaw has played against the #1 2012 prospect and #33 2012 prospect, Andre Drummond and Robert Carter, and played them straight-up or out-played them.

Would love to see a Skylar Spencer-Robert Upshaw tandem up front in the Zags' future.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/santamariatimes.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/6/93/677/693677b4-e6f9-11de-ba2d-001cc4c03286.image.jpg
Upshaw as a sophomore.

ZagNative
04-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Dream on, BZ. I can't imagine the Zags getting in line on this guy. His school list/offers from Scout (http://gonzaga.scout.com/a.z?s=130&p=8&c=1&nid=4313048):

School Offer?
Arizona Yes
Arizona State Yes
Florida No
Fresno State Yes
Harvard No
Illinois No
LSU Yes
Tennessee Yes
Texas Yes
UCLA Yes
USC Yes
Utah Yes

CDC84
04-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Zags have gotten guys before with similiar school lists. You just never know with Donny Daniels on the staff.

MDABE80
04-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Get a load of the size of this kid's hands in the photo. The basketball looks like a softball! HUGE hands. Ball control anyone? This kid looks really good. Moreso with his recent outings against the highly ranked, similar sized kids.

BobZag
04-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Zags have gotten guys before with similiar school lists. You just never know with Donny Daniels on the staff.

He'll be there Tuesday to watch him.

BobZag
04-18-2011, 09:00 AM
Scout's Evan Daniels:

Robert Upshaw, C, Dream Vision In a battle with Carter, Upshaw more than held his own. His length allows him to be a factor defensively. He has a good set of hands and his offense is coming along. He feels comfortable facing up and shooting short mid-range shots and he has a hook over his left shoulder. Upshaw still needs to develop some counter moves on the block, but hes a heck of a talent that is raising his stock.

cggonzaga
04-20-2011, 05:09 PM
2012, C, 6-11, 250 pounds | Team: Dream Vision
The big man sat out his entire junior season following a transfer, so he has something to prove. The facts are simple: he's at least 6-10, has an understanding of what he's doing at both ends and is still working his way into game shape. Upshaw protects the goal on one end and has enough offense to score early in his college career at the other. Mix in his feel as a passer and there's no question that once the college guys lay eyes on him, he will become a high-major priority.

From ESPN. I have a feeling BZ and CDC know something about this guy and Gonzaga's interest. Unfortunately it sounds like he's about to blow up big time so we better get to work now.

CDC84
04-20-2011, 07:42 PM
He's going to be a tough get, but you never know.......