• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ronh_pm
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Feb 2009

Yet more Pangos

This is good. Everything you wanted to know about Kevin Pangos but didn't know who to ask. Ok..not everything, but a little more insight to the new kid from Canada.

"I'm gonna be a Gonzaga Bulldog, theres nothing else like it."
  • NewLookZag
    Kennel Club
    • Feb 2011

Anyone see Hollinger's comment about Pangos? Said he was "brutal" and "doesn't have a career in the states, Europe maybe." Ouch.

Comment

• MedZag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by NewLookZag View Post
      Anyone see Hollinger's comment about Pangos? Said he was "brutal" and "doesn't have a career in the states, Europe maybe." Ouch.
      Pangos definitely is not a one-and-doner like some of those kids on the floor. That being said, there's lots of players in the NBA that "didn't have a career in the states" coming into D1 ball. Hollinger knows his NBA, but has always been spotty on evaluating young talent - it's not his forte.

Great segment on the new Bulldog. Loved what I was hearing, the kid seems to have the right amount of passion for the game.
      Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
      You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

Comment

• 2wiceright
        Bleeds GU Blue
        • Dec 2007

Pardon me for asking, but why post something (especially a negative quote without context) about a much celebrated kid with a lot of accolades that our coach and team welcomed into the fold w/ open arms? Who knows or cares at this point if he'll be an NBA player. But I do know he'll be a Zag that hopefully will thrive in our system and help bring our guards strength over the next few years up to "Gaurd U's" old standards. The book on him has yet to be written. But I for one am excited he is coming here and have high hopes- as I do with any new recruit!
        "Blake Stepp had a reputation for saying little. That's probably because he had to clench his teeth and wince so much, playing through the pain."
        -Tales From the Gonzaga Hardwood

Comment

• FuManShoes
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Here is Hollinger's tweet:

Kinda brutal, actually. Will have career in Europe but probably not here. RT @EleateSports how was kevin pangos?
          9:27 PM Apr 9th via web
          I think he's pretty off-base, or at least premature. Let the kid get to campus before declaring him a bust. And what game was Hollinger watching? Pangos didn't look as bad as half his teammates, I'll tell ya that.
          “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Comment

• the_Canadian_Pipeline
            Redshirt
            • Sep 2010

My god, how can someone pass this kind of judgement after watching a kid play for 15 minutes against the top competition in his age group? He didn't have a great game, but he was far from brutal

Comment

• NEC26
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Yeah I'm not sure what he did that qualified as brutal. Maybe his shooting? I love his attitude and passion I truly believe Bell, Pangos, and Dranginis will be the greatest collection of GU guards assembled on the same team at the same time. This recruiting class is special.

Comment

• ronh_pm
                Professional Zag Fan
                • Feb 2009

And if you are really in the need for yet more...one of Canada's scrimages was recorded and uploaded in about none parts to youtube

EDITED LINK ... 2011 only

Comment

• NewLookZag
                  Kennel Club
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by 2wiceright View Post
                  Pardon me for asking, but why post something (especially a negative quote without context) about a much celebrated kid with a lot of accolades that our coach and team welcomed into the fold w/ open arms? Who knows or cares at this point if he'll be an NBA player. But I do know he'll be a Zag that hopefully will thrive in our system and help bring our guards strength over the next few years up to "Gaurd U's" old standards. The book on him has yet to be written. But I for one am excited he is coming here and have high hopes- as I do with any new recruit!
                  Don't kill the messenger! I was just quoting an NBA guy's opinion. I don't share that opinion....

Comment

• FuManShoes
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ronh_pm View Post
                    And if you are really in the need for yet more...one of Canada's scrimages was recorded and uploaded in about none parts to youtube

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...Scrimmage&aq=f
                    I think that's last year's world team

Comment

• cscz28
                      Kennel Club
                      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by FuManShoes View Post
                      You'll find 2011 further down the list

Comment

• FuManShoes
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by cscz28 View Post
                        You'll find 2011 further down the list
                        Thanks.

World Team scrimmage before the 2011 Nike Hoop Summit. (4) Kevin Pangos, (6) Raul Neto, (7) Mateusz Ponitka, (8) Guo Ailun, (9) Evan Fournier, (10) Davis Ber...

Comment

• ronh_pm
                          Professional Zag Fan
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FuManShoes View Post
                          Ok..this search should be more specific ..

Sorry bout that

Comment

• the_Canadian_Pipeline
                            Redshirt
                            • Sep 2010

Karnowski looks a lot more impressive in the scrimmage footage. I think it's safe to say that run and gun isn't his style

Comment

• EuroZag2010
                              Zag for Life
                              • Sep 2010

Story on Pangos

Its a video on his story he posted it on his facebook. Im not sure if its been posted yet

"I'm really excited. I'm excited to wear GONZAGA on my chest.
                              -Kevin Pangos-

"You play to win the game, HELLO!?!- I dont care if you have any wins! You play to win the game "-Herm Edwards
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IMk5sMHj58I

Comment

Working...
                              X