PDA

View Full Version : Ponitka

kingzag
04-11-2011, 10:12 AM
The other Polish guy. He was the leading scorer for the world team. Are we recruiting him? What were the impressions of his play from game?

deathchina
04-11-2011, 10:30 AM
I liked him a lot. High skill level, a gamer. Showed good ability and body control going to the rim, hit open shots, pretty athletic.

skan72
04-11-2011, 10:33 AM
The commentators mentioned, early in the game, that he is one of the best shooters in the world... Can anyone find any evidence for or against this statement?

kitzbuel
04-11-2011, 10:49 AM
This game was not suited to Karnowski's skill set. He does not run the floor or cause havoc on transition defense. And he got blocked more than I thought a 7 footer should.

Again, this was not a great game for the intl players to really showcase their skills outside of raw athleticism.

sittingon50
04-11-2011, 12:05 PM
I'm with you China. Liked him a lot.

bballbeachbum
04-11-2011, 06:14 PM
tough body, finished inside...and he's a shooter? he didn't disply that in this game, but athletically, he hung wiht the Americans I thought.

thespywhozaggedme
04-11-2011, 07:38 PM
This game was not suited to Karnowski's skill set. He does not run the floor or cause havoc on transition defense. And he got blocked more than I thought a 7 footer should.

Again, this was not a great game for the intl players to really showcase their skills outside of raw athleticism.

Wrong Polish guy; Pontika is the 6'6 sg/sf. I listed him as one of the bright spots on that team. Great shooter and very good athleticism, one play in particular, he stole the ball and made a great slam on a break away. He, Fournier, Saric and Bertans were very good.