PDA

View Full Version : Courtney & Angie in the draft S-R article

ID ZAGFAN
04-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Don't think any one has posted this article about the draft.
Sunday's S-R:
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/apr/10/vandersloot-bjorklund-await-wnba-fa

TIdbits:

“There’s a part of me that always wanted to go to Seattle,” Vandersloot said. “I didn’t know how it works, I just figured I could choose Seattle. It would be great to play at home and I idolized Sue Bird. I thought it would be great to play with her.”

Angie Bjorklund, who is also projected to be drafted, had a little less specific dream for a professional career.

“Going to Tennessee was my ultimate dream growing up,” the University High School graduate said. “If I can keep playing something I love and get paid for it, I’m all for it.”

ZaGranny

Oldsport
04-11-2011, 01:33 PM
My sources say that the Chicago SKY's Courtney Vandersloot may be traded to the Seattle Storm in a surprise announcement and very soon. You can bet that the terms of the trade would be surprise also.

This could get interesting,...we shall see.;)

lothar98zag
04-12-2011, 03:58 PM
My sources say that the Chicago SKY's Courtney Vandersloot may be traded to the Seattle Storm in a surprise announcement and very soon. You can bet that the terms of the trade would be surprise also.

well...

Oldsport
04-12-2011, 08:41 PM
patience...;)

sylean
04-12-2011, 09:10 PM
I love the idea that Bjorkland (sp) and CV would play together but the thought of actually going to Seattle to see her play..(I've been to a game there once) ...well that would be wonderful news....they would pack the place every night...

Zagineer
04-12-2011, 10:32 PM

Well, Oldsport, if this holds to be true, the Storm can add two more season tickets to their bank account.

As for your edit comment..... You're right, Oldsport. There is no way for us mortals to edit the title of a thread or a post. We must rely on the Powers of the Mods to correct our spelling errors. (I've found that RenoZag is very considerate in this regard,.... as long as you ask him kindly to make the correction. :))

Note to all: Oldsport's post caught me off guard. My experience with Oldsport is that he is not one to "stir the kettle" (since I can't type p o t), or cause unfounded excitement. If it was posted by anyone else, I would have read it and moved on. But when Oldsport starts his post with "My sources say....", my ears perk up.

But it's also tempered by,..... "may be traded".....

We shall see. :)

Whatever happens, its a fun ride for us fans.

After thought: After reading Pokey's "praise and bow down" comments about Courtney, I don't see how Chicago could ever let Courtney go elsewhere.... but I hope they do. :D